Out of the mouths of babes...

Options

Replies

• niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    another one from when my younger daughter was small, she was telling me how she hated us and i was saying that i didn't care cos i loved her, she hated that and yelled back " STOP TALKING NICE THINGS AT ME" we still remind her of it now she's 10.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    LMAO. Kids.

When I started to lose - my kid said
    "Mama! Your back is not bumpy like it used to be! It's smooth!" Oh?? My back fat is gone? You noticed!
    After a fair amount of loss and saggy skin
    "Mama! Why is your belly button closed up?" Oh! You noticed that you can't see my belly button from the sag of skin on my belly.
    "Mama! You look so different! I want you to be skinny like my Aunt!"
    Now she calls me tiny.
    Yow!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options

Both the kids say "Bzombies" instead of zombies. Not sure why but it is pretty funny.

LOL. My kid says "Zobies" without the m. Sounds like a plugged nose. Big laughs. :P
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old is constantly bringing me back down to earth. I ask him questions I want the truth to because he doesn't 'get' tact yet.

I asked him if my belly was still all fat since I had his little brother and he told me "you're not that fat when you stand up but you're a little bit fat when you sit down".

He announced to EVERYONE that I got a "new dvd to make me skinny" when 30 day shred came in the post.

And my 4 year old cousin asked me if I had another baby in my belly (I hadn't).

Oh, last one. My 7 year old (again) was asking if I'm really old (I am 26 fgs!). I said no, that most of the kids in his class at school would have parents who were older than me and his daddy. He said "oh, so you're the youngest Mammy but you're not the skinniest Mammy".

Is it any wonder I decided I needed to lose weight this year?!
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    My nephew cracked me up last week when he asked his mum if Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was filmed on Pluto.

A bizarre question, so she said no and asked why he thought that.

He said it is where a lot of the characters are from.

She said 'what makes you think they are from Pluto?'.

He said 'Pluto is a dwarf planet'.

I was rolling around howling with laughter for ages after that!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thats too cute!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When my son was young he was obsessed with dinosaurs. Due to his lack of front teeth he could not pronounce it properly but he had to talk to everyone about the dinowhores! It killed me every time.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Last Week I burned 700 calories at the gym and my 8 year old says...Mom you just burned off a box of those Mike & Ike candies you use to eat.
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was laying on my stomach last night and my son was sitting on my legs and started rubbing them and then said "mommy, the bumps in your legs feel funny!" (meaning my cellulite :grumble: )
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, while driving to a friends place in Kansas (I live in South Dakota) that I had not been to in years, I made a wrong turn due to all the new construction in the area. It only took me a few miles out of the way. But as I was grumbling to my daughter in the front seat my 3 1/2 year old grandson piped up from the back. 'You should have used the GPS MaMa, I have a map, want to use it?" He was playing with a map of Mississippi. I didn't even know he knew what a GPS was/does! Now at age 6 next week-he loves to read and draw maps and has figured out how to find his other grandma's house from ours on our GPS. She lives on the other side of the state. Smart little buggers these days!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My grandaughter last year was in a stage where she would hide back in a corner and fill her diper.
    I was in my bedroom sorting some clothes from a box that was in the corner behind my exercise bike. I stepped backwards and hit my bare heel dead center on a piece on the bike the pain was so bad all I could do was draw that foot up and grunt with pain, My drandaughter was romping on the bed raises up on her knees and real serious asks. "Drandma drandma, are you pooping?
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my daughter (18 mo.) calls apples 'bapples' and we try to point out animals, and now everytime she sees a puppy or bird or cat or anything else she says "see da caat?" see da pappi?" "see da burrd?" LOlz it gets me everytime!
  • luckyk26
    luckyk26 Posts: 12
    Options
    My boyfriend was talking to my three and a half year old daughter about Mother's day coming up. He asks her if she was going to do something nice for me for mothers day. She replied (or more like yelled back at him, "But Steve, I don't even have a job!" I thought that was hysterical.

Two years ago at Christmas we asked her "What does Santa say" She replied "Ho HO HO" Then my mom asked her what Santa was bringing her for Christmas - she said "hoes".
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My 4 yo was sitting on the toilet. DH was at one end of the house and I was at the other. The bathroom is in the middle of the house. He let out the loudest, most prolonged fart that echoed in the toilet. DH and I both said, "Are you okay?" Our little man replied, "I'm fine guys. Can't a guy pass gas in peace?!!?"

This is awesome! :laugh:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Last Week I burned 700 calories at the gym and my 8 year old says...Mom you just burned off a box of those Mike & Ike candies you use to eat.

Wow - that really puts it in perspective, doesn't it?
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    years ago after haveing 3 babies already so I was good size. I has my son (tddler, barely talking) in the bathtub with me . He was playing in the water fine until I stood up. He went into a crying fit and was mad at me cause I made the water go away.
    He is 22 now and can make the water go away himself now :)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My husband has been working on our landscaping and our 5 year old asked why daddy was so tired and sweaty, he told her because he's been shoveling and moving mulch. She rolled her eyes and said "Dad, you did dirt" like that's not a big deal!
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My 6year old and I were walking through town and she pointed to a new gym that had opened and said "mummy you need to go there and then you will lose your fat belly"

Urm thanks for that Phebs :/
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ....After losing weight ( about 50 pounds) and going on an out of state trip my daughter mentioned to relatives that I was now the "travel size daddy"....
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    My 7 yr old nephew Christian has started watch the Biggest Loser with us and is addicted. He wrote a letter to his mom(not my sister, but his "real" mom) and told her how much le loved her and missed her and how badly she needed to go get on the show! She is overweight but she was pissed!!! We bride him to do his chores by telling him he'll burn calories and he will go above abd beyond to burn calories. I dont think he'll ever have a weight problem if he keeps it up. lol
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    One year me, my mom and my 5yr old sister celebrated Canada Day at this one park in Toronto. A few weeks later we were driving by the same park when my sister pointed to the park and yelled: Look, there's CANADA!

lol