how to lose 5 pounds n 1 week

Options

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You won't lose 190lbs in 3 months before school starts -- plain and simple. BUT, theres a good chance you could lose 5lbs the first week, and maybe even another 5 the next -- its going to be water weight though and you won't continue losing like that.

I don't know where in SB you go to school, but I went to high school at Cajon up by cal state, and they leave their track open year round and I believe Pacific does also, and probably the rest of the schools do too. I'd suggest walking the track a couple times a week (every day if you can) or making sure you get plenty of excercise at home. Even better, see if your school has a summer swim program so you can use the track and the pool.

You need to realize this will be a commitment. As in, when you return to school in 3 months, expect to be brown bagging your healthy lunch -- none of that crappy fried stuff from the cafeteria anymore.

Look, I was big in HS, and I WISH I'd taken steps then to start getting healthy. I was active (played softball and water polo) but I ate really crappy food so the best all my exercise was doing was keeping me at the same weight. Congrats on taking the first steps and wanting to change, but you need to be realistic that you are not going to take off all the weight in 3 months. Start now, RIGHT NOW, and lose what you can before school starts -- but continue the hard work all the way through the school year and by the time next year is over, you'll have a big chunk of your goal completed.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Stop the train a minute.

Honey, you're not going to lose 190 lbs - per your profile - in three months. It's not going to happen, short of you losing a few limbs. Can you lose a substantial amount of weight in that time? Yes. I don't know your starting or goal weights, or height, but you have GOT to set yourself some REALISTIC goals. Otherwise, you're just going to get massively discouraged, and quit. Especially at your age. I'm 25 and I STILL have the focus of a pigeon at times.

This site is filled with SO much info, and so many amazing people. That you're starting at all is a step in the right direction. With hard work, dedication, exercise, and a great diet full of yummy, healthy foods, you could attain your goal. ABSOLUTELY. Stay strong, absorb all the knowledge you can, and get healthy. That's what matters.

this ftw!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's not the bad grammar that bothers me, I know I make some mistakes here and there too!!! - but if it's done on purpose to be 'cool' then that bothers me. That sometimes seems to be the trend with some people today. Typing all slang like, purposely misspelling words, bad punctuation, and adding random capitalizations in where they don't belong. I don't get it?!

Anywho - a slow and steady weight loss is the most sustainable way. Set your profile to 2lbs a week. Stay in the calorie guidelines, eat as healthy as possible and exercise and you will see the weight melt off!!
  • goobear3
    goobear3 Posts: 14
    Options
    You want to lose weight in a healthy time frame. This is a fantastic site with great support...if you stay with it and are diligent in your efforts, your success is almost 100% guaranteed! It's all up to you. But truly, do it for the right reasons and do it the right way. We're all here for you!!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    come on guys, shes just asking for help, shes not looking for an English or Spelling teacher. She's probably being bullied and she's turning to us for help.......find it in your hearts , I know it sucks being fat, been there done that

I lost 100 lbs in about 11 months, you can do it hun, just eat healthy, exercise and dont let them bully you in to not going to the gym

if your high school has a gym , please use it.......I was a little shy about going , but man you can't stop me from going now.....I go 6 times a week and I love it.

make me a friend if youd like and read my bio........You can do it, believe in yourself and don't let those punk kids bully you........You are a good person and let them know it.........Best of luck, Lloyd
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    come on guys, shes just asking for help, shes not looking for an English or Spelling teacher. She's probably being bullied and she's turning to us for help.......find it in your hearts , I know it sucks being fat, been there done that

I lost 100 lbs in about 11 months, you can do it hun, just eat healthy, exercise and dont let them bully you in to not going to the gym

if your high school has a gym , please use it.......I was a little shy about going , but man you can't stop me from going now.....I go 6 times a week and I love it.

make me a friend if youd like and read my bio........You can do it, believe in yourself and don't let those punk kids bully you........You are a good person and let them know it.........Best of luck, Lloyd

^^this! <3
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    It's not the bad grammar that bothers me, I know I make some mistakes here and there too!!! - but if it's done on purpose to be 'cool' then that bothers me. That sometimes seems to be the trend with some people today. Typing all slang like, purposely misspelling words, bad punctuation, and adding random capitalizations in where they don't belong. I don't get it?!
    So does Cockney rhyming slang infuriate you? People use the same language in hundreds of different ways. Depends on where you're from, and where you've been.

Sure it's technically "incorrect", and I can't say I understand the appeal or "get it" either... but why bother getting annoyed if the same thing has been happening for thousands of years and will continue as long as there are languages?

Anyways, I'm going to try and stay slightly on topic and be the 80th person to correctly say that the post below is amazing advice. beautynddtheb, if you are still reading, read this again:
    Stop the train a minute.

Honey, you're not going to lose 190 lbs - per your profile - in three months. It's not going to happen, short of you losing a few limbs. Can you lose a substantial amount of weight in that time? Yes. I don't know your starting or goal weights, or height, but you have GOT to set yourself some REALISTIC goals. Otherwise, you're just going to get massively discouraged, and quit. Especially at your age. I'm 25 and I STILL have the focus of a pigeon at times.

This site is filled with SO much info, and so many amazing people. That you're starting at all is a step in the right direction. With hard work, dedication, exercise, and a great diet full of yummy, healthy foods, you could attain your goal. ABSOLUTELY. Stay strong, absorb all the knowledge you can, and get healthy. That's what matters.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    As others have said losing 5 lbs a week would be difficult unless you are doing a biggest loser type workout and spending hours a day in the gym. I would recommend trying to lose maybe like 15- 20 lbs over the summer. That should take you down at least one size. But, you should talk to your doctor and see what he/she recommends.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen. It took four months of me working my butt off to lose 18 pounds. Granted I did lose the first 5 pounds in about a week and a half, but it was mostly water weight, not real fat loss.

That being said, eat healthy (by healthy I mean fresh foods, the kind you find on the outside of the supermarket) and exercise.

You'll feel better before you even hit your goal weight. Try to think of it as a journey, not a destination that you have to reach immediately.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Cut out all junk food! Eat only healthy foods:) and exercise at least 30 minutes a day 6 times/week!! Also count ur calories! Eat between 1200-2000 a day!! And u'll be set!
  • Mogwai1985
    Mogwai1985 Posts: 31
    Options
    I weighed alot when I was in high school, I understand where you are coming from. Take it from experience, you don't want to lose weight too quickly. Your body wont be able to adapt quick enough. Start out by eating healthy and exercising 3 days a week. Cardio is important so keep that in mind. Look for treadmills that can help you see your "target heart rate" that is the range in which your body is able to burn calories at best. Good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me if you need advice or support, I log in every day.
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options

• TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I weighed alot when I was in high school, I understand where you are coming from. Take it from experience, you don't want to lose weight too quickly. Your body wont be able to adapt quick enough. Start out by eating healthy and exercising 3 days a week. Cardio is important so keep that in mind. Look for treadmills that can help you see your "target heart rate" that is the range in which your body is able to burn calories at best. Good luck with your goals. Feel free to add me if you need advice or support, I log in every day.

This too!! :)
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Totally agree with you. This is meant to be a site that you can get help and support on losing weight. Why be personal? Does it matter if everyones spelling isn't perfect?
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I dropped weight pretty rapidly for the first few weeks I started dieting, and I think it's due to the suddenly dramatic change and the fact that I have a lot to lose in the first place. I immediately started eating clean and exercising on a whim. I can't guarantee anything, because everyone's bodies work so differently, but drink a ton of water, snack on fruits and veggies, ditch soda, move around more often throughout the day (even going on walks are fabulous for you), and drink green tea! Oh, and don't set your daily calorie intake too low!

Add me if you want - I'm obviously no professional, but what I've been doing has been working splendidly so far! I'll talk to you more about it if you want. :)

edit: also, don't set the bar too high! you aren't going to lose 100+ pounds in the next few months. but you can certainly make a difference, and you might as well get started! and then everyone from highschool can see you walking around town a year or two later when you've undergone a huge transformation, and that's awesome too! but make sure you're losing weight for yourself first!
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was able to read them just fine.

Agreed. Most people were able to read and understand the OP, myself included.

Apparently some other people would rather look down on a person for grammar and spelling errors than help someone who clearly needs assistance. Thanks for telling those folks to take it somewhere else.

I don't like grammar and spelling errors either. But I like being a mean person even less, so I STFU. Anyone making comments about OP's writing style should do the same.

I was able to read them fine also. I don't know what it is with some posters here and on other chatboards, self-appointed, opinionated custodians of posting format with nothing else to say for themselves. Pathetic - and reported.

This is a new member who is asking for advice. If you can't read the post then maybe take that as something that YOU need to work on. If I don't understand a post, I ask for clariication or just leave it for somebody who does understand it.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So does Cockney rhyming slang infuriate you? People use the same language in hundreds of different ways. Depends on where you're from, and where you've been.

Sure it's technically "incorrect", and I can't say I understand the appeal or "get it" either... but why bother getting annoyed if the same thing has been happening for thousands of years and will continue as long as there are languages?

Anyways, I'm going to try and stay slightly on topic and be the 80th person to correctly say that the post below is amazing advice. beautynddtheb, if you are still reading, read this again:
    Stop the train a minute.

nO...itz thiS kind Of Stuf that boThers me. Intentionally typing a sentence out all funky. Because some people do that nowadays and I can't for the life of me figure out why! It takes more work than typing it out normally!!!! So relax....
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    whoa, nice replies to this young girl who needs help. Again, kids can be brutal , esp in high school. I was lucky, I was into sports , played JV and Varsity baseball and basketball, so I was normal weight in highschool
    But I remember , some of the kids, esp girls were crucified for being overweight.....

I hope you can make it OP, were all here for you. No one really judges you in here, we ve all been in your shoes and can sympathize your situation

I mentioned that you can addd me as a friend who will support you . Please add me, you sound like a sincere person........Lloyd
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think the OP abandoned thread....

Yes, we all know that her goal is....well..a little off left field :/ and yes we know that what she's asking for is something that would be incredibly difficult to achieve if not impossible all together. But can you really blame her for thinking this is possible? Look at the kind of advertisements she's seeing every day that are pushing magical belts that wiggle around and claim to whittle away your stomach, the ones that claim if YOU buy this random piece of plastic with some knobs and ropes on it that you too can lose 10lbs in 2 weeks and be ready for bikini season! If you just take this pill you'll never feel hungry again and gain the ability to fly! Underwater basket weaving is the ancient Mayan weight loss program and if it worked for them it can work for you!

As a whole, society is constantly bombarded by quick-fix garbage and false advertisements promising wild claims that just simply aren't realistic. While the US tries to regulate and punish advertisers that are clearly lying to promote unhealthy,dangerous, or just flat out bull**** weight loss products these companies can get around this by being located out of the country and are able to pass off their fake products and pills by being technically foreign companies.

If she's told over and over again by business X Y and Z that if she just pays 3 easy payments of arm hair and dandruff samples she can lose weight and get 6 pack abs in a month, can you really blame her for thinking she can achieve such an insane goal?

The O.P absolutely can lose a substantial amount of weight by the time her classes resume, and folks have already given some good advice. But just because WE know that what she's expecting is frankly, a little silly doesn't mean we ought to punish her for it.
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time and willingness to change when i 1st start i detoxed for a week 7 day only veggies, 1 fruit per day only & lots of water had to get toxin out of my body, i have since lost over 30 pounds and i started in Jan 2012 i have been very disciplined but the last month i have had issues but the nice thing is i can and will get back on track You can do this just remember it took time to gain it takes time to loss ♥♥♥