Honestly?

Options
mes1119
mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
I am so over the "size fits all" mentality to weight loss. Everyone is different. Everyone gets different results from the same programs. I'm just SO sick of people thinking that "their way" is the RIGHT way. It is all about what works for you.

For me, lifting heavy isn't in the cards. I'm that crazy freak of a woman that has insane muscle mass regardless (I had muscle at the the age of 10) so losing the fat on top is all that matters. Which can be obtained by diet. I'm SO sick of people sticking down my throat that I need to lift heavy to look good. I have 20.7% BF and 106 pounds of lean body mass. Only 28 pounds of fat, and my poor diet in the past is the only reason it is there. I eat a high amount of protein and a good amount of calories and ONLY do body resistance/light weights because it works for ME.

Okay, rant is over.

What are you sick of seeing on here??1?

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    im sick of ppl telling me im eating to lil when my body is full.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i agree it's different for everyone,
    in general i don't like all diet hype, as each person is different, it might work for someone who wrote that diet plan but it doesn't mean that it will work for all people.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of the lack of respect and empathy for people on the threads when someone is different or has an opinion or experience that differs from their own. Just as there is not "one size fits all" way to lose weight, there is no "one size fits all" reason we are all on this website.
  • mes1119
    Options
    I'm sick of the lack of respect and empathy for people on the threads when someone is different or has an opinion or experience that differs from their own. Just as there is not "one size fits all" way to lose weight, there is no "one size fits all" reason we are all on this website.

exactly! lately, I've notice a huge negative opinion of newbies. We were all newbies at once and didn't understand the forums, how to search, exercise calories etc. I don't understand why anyone would be mean to these people when we were in the same position as them at one point.
  • cannonsky
    Options

exactly! lately, I've notice a huge negative opinion of newbies. We were all newbies at once and didn't understand the forums, how to search, exercise calories etc. I don't understand why anyone would be mean to these people when we were in the same position as them at one point.

EXACTLY!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was so thinking of making this same post! My gawd!!! It's crazy isn't it? Everyone comes in all different shapes and sizes, we're not made the same people!!!
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options

yes...just like when my opinion was turned around into something negative in a forum. people really have no respect but it doesnt surprise me, they just show their true character and its nasty! :frown: so sad, but know I will continue being encouraging anyhow :bigsmile:

12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    ha, i saw your post on the other topic the stair climber one. I am thinking about writing a topic on the subject. That there is a one size fits all approach. Eat less move more.

I see what you're saying though, just because someone lost xlbs with one method doesn't mean someone will get the same results. I am personally thinking along the lines of a plateau.

What's funny is, and no offense to anyone at all, but I see people who have lost less then 20lbs trying to to tell people (not all just some) that their way is right. Sorry but I've lost 115.5lbs and I did it my way.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    well there are some things that are "one size fits all" such as muscle hypertrophy rep ranges vs rep ranges for strength... you WILL build more skeletal muscle doing a higher rep range of 6-12 then you will doing 1-5 reps.. its relative heavyness if you want to build muscle, and muscle is the key to your success.. sets til failure got me results quick with short rest intervals 6-12 reps.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Well I actually realized that some people tend to over-analyze comments/post. Its not that serious. A few of my posts/comments have been over-analyzed lately.. My posts are always just fun stuff..no need in scientifically analyzing a fun post...
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Well explain to me why for the past nearly 8 months I'm still going strong on a 1200 cal diet ;)
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Well explain to me why for the past nearly 8 months I'm still going strong on a 1200 cal diet ;)

YOU GO GIRL! Me too but not that long...lol...keep it up! :flowerforyou:

12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think that the people who have been on here the longest just get tired of re-hashing all the same questions, I.E.
    1) Do I really need to eat back my earned back calories?
    2) Why can't people spell..it's "LOSE" not "LOOSE"--O.M.G. That one get's me every time. Sometimes I just want to write a quick response and don't really care to spell check.
    ETC..

I think there should be a required little tutorial that show's the new ppl where to look for those already answered questions..like a FAQ page, and make sure they read it.

I do not mind helping, but I have one more person tell me how to spell, I will freak out.
    This is supposed to be fun and supportive.
    Let's all try to get along! eh?

God Bless,
    Nicolette
  • cannonsky
    Options

I think you're still sort of missing the point. Yes something such as strength training would ultimately make everyone look better... however.. it is not the only way to get a nice body and lose weight.

Also, part of the whole one size fits all aspect is the fact that no everyone is comfortable doing the same exercises and finds the same workouts enjoyable. Why do something you hate? If you can find something you love to do and it helps improve your fitness no one should tell you that you are wrong.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Thats true.

I tend to tell ppl to ignore cardio and lift.
    Then again I hate cardio and the lifting aspect worked well for me so its natural for me to suggest those types of things.

I think it comes down to viability.
    Is my routine viable to your type of weight/fat loss/gain?
  • mes1119
    Options
    well there are some things that are "one size fits all" such as muscle hypertrophy rep ranges vs rep ranges for strength... you WILL build more skeletal muscle doing a higher rep range of 6-12 then you will doing 1-5 reps.. its relative heavyness if you want to build muscle, and muscle is the key to your success.. sets til failure got me results quick with short rest intervals 6-12 reps.

I do agree with the biological aspects but it honestly depends on the person's goals. Like I said before, I just want to maintain muscle and lose fat, so lifting heavy isn't necessary. I'm that weird freak of nature that has muscle mass naturally. I do body resistance exercises which has been sufficient for maintaining my muscle while losing 17 pounds of fat. Some people build muscle easier/not as easier as others.

OH (not related to your post), and most people come from different situations. There is a HUGE difference between someone that has been sedentary all their life and someone that has been athlete all their life that let themselves go.
  • arojas1227
    arojas1227 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree! People get so passionate about converting everyone else to their exercise regimen. Who cares?! It's different for everyone, plus the 1200 calorie debate that's always going on. So much misinformation involved in that...
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Firstly... I'm on your side - just want to make that clear.....

What I wanted to say is - wait for all the people who will tell you you'll just put all the weight back on and youre losing lean muscle , and you dont have enough fuel for your body and your probably killing your brain and blah blah...

It's the same thing I get told, despite the fact I lift heavy (when I do) and I have enough energy to run a half marathon and 30kms each week - all fine with no problems!!!!
  • cannonsky
    Options
    Thats true.

I tend to tell ppl to ignore cardio and lift.
    Then again I hate cardio and the lifting aspect worked well for me so its natural for me to suggest those types of things.

I think it comes down to viability.
    Is my routine viable to your type of weight/fat loss/gain?

I appreciate how rational you are being. It's refreshing