Expectations

Options

Replies

• Bre&CJ'sMom
    Options
    Thanks for that post. I'm just starting (phase 1) and I'm glad to have an idea of what's ahead of me. The last two times I've tried to loose weight I gave up in Phase 2. I think I got bored with it. Hopefully this site will help me stick with it!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I'm glad this was bumped up, I missed this the first time around. :smile:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wish I could place this in my favorites or something so I can keep coming back to it. thanks. :o)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    you should be able to add it to your favorites.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I always seem to bounce between stage 1 and 2. I am trying really hard to get to stage 3, so I am not yo-yo dieting.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • jenn4skinny
    Options
    :grumble:
    oh man.. I'm right in between phase 2 and 3. I'm not losing much at all.. mostly inches. But my routine changed some.. Now i'm busier with school underway and less time to work out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think I am in a Phase 2 rut! What a bummer!

I have only been in the program for 3 weeks (entering my fourth) and my total weight loss has been 5 pounds.

I have not lost a single pound in two weeks and I've been exceptionally good. I have done extra working out and have even been under calories. My only hope is that I can attribute this lack of progress to water retention (thanks to my monthly cycle). Nonetheless, I am extremely disappoited!

I have had this happen before when dieting and this is usually the time that I back out. It is so discouraging. I worry that my metabolism is so out of whack from yo-yo diets over the years that my body will never adjust and take my weight loss seriously (as Banks suggest will eventually happen).

Does anyone have any suggestions to help get this body of mine movin' in the right direction again?????

:sad:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    JUST THOUGHT I'D BUMP!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i :heart: this post so BUMP
  • Morningflower
    Options
    wow! this is very helpful! Thanks so much for posting this!:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    This explains all my weight loss attempts through the years. I never get to phase 3......
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    by the way Banks I gotta tell ya

u r my BUMPIN HERO:happy:

I wonder what Banks' wife would say about him being your "bumpin hero" :)

It made me laugh. ^_^
  • banks1850
    Options
    I wonder what Banks' wife would say about him being your "bumpin hero" :)

It made me laugh. ^_^

LOL, knowing her, she would probably say something like "Doubt It!" :ohwell:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    had to read it again. Thanks Banks

Bump:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    Does Mrs. Banks know we give you all the nicknames?? Ok, everyone - let's list 'em!!

1.) Mr. Hose

:tongue:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Oh, don't you worry, her nicknames for me are worse then anything you guys have thought up! LOL!
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    Cheers to me for making it to stage #4!! Your post really did help a lot so thank you!!!!

I am feeling like the exercise and food is getting "stale" but the silver lining is that summer is almost here, much better for exercising outside, and I'm finally used to much healthier and less processed foods so I crave them! This will help me beat the same old boring food choices.

NONE of my pants fit anymore and I have more definition than I've had in my whole life! That's motivation enough for me!! And I have the freedom of not owning a scale so the last time I went to my friend's house I found out I had dropped 10 pounds, hell yeah!

Kudos to everyone on here, whatever stage they're at! The fact that you're on here at all is proof of your desire. Go team MFP!! Thanks BANKS for putting it into perspective for me!
  • dakoda
    dakoda Posts: 38
    Options
    wonderful post!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: