Discouraged a little...

Options
Kind of getting discouraged... I see people that I haven't seen in awhile and no one has noticed or mentioned my weightloss. I am assuming it is because I wear nomex or because I weighed so much, I am going to have to lose alot more. :-( 305 to 258 to me seem like A WHOLE BUNCH! Anyone else have this problem? My goal weight is 150, but I figured people could tell by now.

Replies

• emmabrackpool
    emmabrackpool Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    could be jealousy some people are mean - youve done so so well girl and have certainly encouraged me so THANK YOU SO MUCH and good luck with the rest of your jouney!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Keep in mind that people may have noticed, but are hesitant to say anything for a whole bunch of different reasons.
    Also, are you still wearing your "fat" clothes that hid your body?
  • redguardians
    Options
    stick with it . You will notice suddenly that everyone will notice.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    You've done soooo well! I'm sure they noticed, but perhaps they felt it rude to comment? Don't be dis-heartened, keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Kind of getting discouraged... I see people that I haven't seen in awhile and no one has noticed or mentioned my weightloss. I am assuming it is because I wear nomex or because I weighed so much, I am going to have to lose alot more. :-( 305 to 258 to me seem like A WHOLE BUNCH! Anyone else have this problem? My goal weight is 150, but I figured people could tell by now.

I'm sure they've noticed and are just afraid to say anything. People are afraid of putting their foot in their mouths and weight can be a touchy subject.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work and the compliments will start flowing so much they'll get embarrassing :wink:
  • AshleyNStanley
    Options
    Wow. Thanks everyone. :-) You guys made me feel better and havent even seen me before or after! lmao
  • AshleyNStanley
    Options
    I wear nomex usually because I work at a plant 90% of the time. They are the ones that dont say anything. Outisde work, I just wear "smaller" jeans and regular tshirts that I wore before I lost weight. I don't like clingy clothes!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants people to comment on their weight loss. I don't, so I wouldn't say anything to anyone else UNLESS I knew they were happy for others to comment on their weight loss.
  • the_prettty1
    Options
    I'm proud of you and your hard work!
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It could also be your clothes. If you've lost that much you are way overdue for some new clothes. New, smaller clothes will help draw attention to your weight loss.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!!!

I think people are often afraid to say anything. I've heard through the grapevine that people think I'm sick and are afraid to ask. Why would someone losing weight automatically mean that they are ill???

Just remember you are doing this for you and not for anyone else!!! The feeling of accomplishment needs to come from within!!!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    as some of the people have said sometimes people are not sure what to say I had a neighbor and very good friend we had been next door for over 20 years one day said " are you ok I see you losing weight and was afraid you might be sick. They were afraid I might have cancer and didnt know what to say after we talked they always comment now on " good work" keep it up etc. Also our perception on how we look isnt always the sameas other people see us I joined a fitness class after losing almost 90 pounds and thought I looked pretty lean but at over 265 was still pretty heavy
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    I know it makes you feel good and rewarded when people notice and congratulate you, and we all can't help but bask in it if it happens, but just try to remember that in the end it doesn't matter what they think. It is all about how you feel (healthier, energized, lighter), and how you feel about yourself. The people around you often see such a gradual change that they honestly might not take notice, especially if clothing helps conceal it. Don't let it get you down if they don't.

Recently I gained back about 30-40 lbs, and in front of this guy I hired to wash my mother's car for mother's day, my mother goes "What happened to all that weight you lost? It looks like you gained it all back." -_-;; Great time to discuss that, mom! And other people have asked me if I lost weight...when I'd been gaining weight. Kinda awkward. So sometimes it is better if they just say nothing at all...
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you've done great work. Sometimes people just don't know what to say
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    In my case, I lost 65 lbs and nobody noticed. BUT, when I moved to 67 lbs..after a couple week plateau, everyone noticed. My size got smaller without losing weight and all of a sudden everyone kept commenting. I was 301 when I started, so in my opinion, people just don't notice on bigger people, cause we have farther to go. 20 lbs off doesn't look the same on us as it does on someone who weighs 150.

Just my opinion/experience.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have lost 85 pounds in 14 months. Some people started to notice after about 25 pounds, but it really wasn't until about 70 where all of a sudden everybody at the same time started noticing. I thought, "Gee it took them long enough, I must have been an elephant." LOL But what I have come to realize is that even though it is nice to be acknowledged for losing and sometimes hurtful when people don't you can't worry or obsess about that. You are doing it for you and to be healthier and to look better. You need to impress yourself and not even think about what others are seeing. I don't even think about it or care anymore if people say anything to me about it. It is much easier and less stressful that way. Congrats on your 47 pounds!!!!!:wink:
  • leidgreen
    leidgreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    We have almost the same exact stats and I I'm not sure people haven't really noticed either. Partly I think its my frame and how I carry weight. I know I am losing and feeling better and that's what matters. You are doing great, keep it up.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm certain they noticed. There may be a variety of reasons they may not feel comfortable commenting. At one of my old jobs, I got asked if I lost because I was trying to or if I was sick. I didn't look sickly or anything, but they really weren't sure.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is what helps me...ALOT!!!

KeepGoing.jpg

Like it says:

KEEP GOING