Any tricks for getting butt out of bed at 5:00 AM ?

Options

Replies

• Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    http://sleepyti.me/

Seemed to help a bit, but it takes me way to long to fall asleep for me to figure out an accurate time.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Baby with a poop nappy gets me every morning at 5am! Want to borrow her? :-)
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Otherwise, more seriously, when your alarm goes off , GET UP IMMEDIATELY. I have never ever hit the snooze button, makes no sense to me. Don't even lie there and groan for a second, just get UP! :-)
  • Vgbarash
    Vgbarash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I go to sleep often around midnight, and set my alarm for 5:45am. If you want to get out of bed:

(1) Make sure your alarm clock sounds terrible when it goes off (the more bothersome the sound, the better)
    (2) Place the clock several feet around from your bed - forcing you to physically walk to shut it off.

Enjoy! Lol
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always roll out of bed when the alarm goes off straight to the floor and do as many push ups as possible then go to the restroom to turn that dam alarm off. You will feel awake.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I really don't see a reason to do it at 5am. I work all kinds of different shifts and work out and eat all different times of the day .I see no difference.
  • vhiarose
    vhiarose Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've tried all different alarm tones but the best is when I have a playlist (used for exercise - so pumped up music) that randomly selects a song to play for the alarm sound. It's fades in to it so it's not really loud straight away then builds up. I find it much better than the annoying alarm clock that I can't wait to turn off by hitting snooze for 5 more minutes. At least if the song comes in gradually I can listen to it for a bit and I'm singing along to it in my mind which wakes me up.

Good luck!
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I get up every morning at 0400 to go to the gym. I found that I would sometimes have a hard time doing it. So what i did was I started going to bed earlier. I also placed my alarm clock across the room from me. This forces me to have to get out of bed and walk across the room just to even turn it off. So far it has worked for me.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier. And pretend you're late for work when the alarm goes off.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am also up most mornings at 4.40am and I am always in bed early 9.30ish
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    DOES feel great when by 530am .... DVD's have been worked out, 3 miles have been run, and some yoga has been done..... then you can move on with tons of energy and the feeling of accomplishment!!! Good luck!

so darn true, I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred the other day, after getting up and oooh lala it was wonderful that day!!! I am going to do more of this when waking up and vitamins in morning get me going too and coffee :wink:
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It may be dorky but when I get home at night I block someone in with my car who needs to leave super early. Which means if I don't get up to excercise I still have to get up to move my car. Not super motivating but it works
    Thats actually very smart, I should have thought of that
  • Ihatechokos4eva
    Options
    Haven't read the replies so sorry if someone has said this. There is an android app(Free). "Sleep Bot" or "Sleep Tracker"? Anyways it tracks your sleep so that it wakes you in your light sleep as close to your ideal wake up time as it can. You then have to do a wakeness test. Something like find the sheep or simple math. If you fail the test the alarm snoozes and tries again in 7 mins (or whatever you set your snooze at) I like that it will wake you during light sleep rather than a set time so you don't get that horrible "woke in the middle of a dream" feeling. If you know what I mean. :laugh:
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was having the hardest time fitting my workouts in at night. I was too tired and talked myself out of it everynight. Finally I decided I had to get my workouts done first thing in the morning no matter what. My alarm is away from my bed. I usually hit snooze and I lay back down and use that time to wake up. When it goes of the second time I tell myself in my own head, "I'M UP, I'M UP, I'M UP, I'M UP, I'M UP!!!!!! It really works for me. It's like yelling at myself. I'm pretty sure I got the "I'm up" tip from Chalene Johnson.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I saw this fun alarm clock that rolls off your dresser when it goes off and rolls around your room so you have to chase it to shut it off... I think that would work lol

My husband also has his alarm on his cell phone attached to an app that makes him do math to turn it off. If you get it wrong, it keeps ringing. Depending on how hard you set the math to.. that will get you up to.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Make staying in bed not an option. You have a decision to make. Is it okay to stay in bed? Will you let yourself down again?
    Decide staying in bed is not an option for you.. even if just for this one day.

The first two weeks suck and will be hard. Keep on and it will become easier.

Have a great day!
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Theres 3 alarm clocks on my cell phone. I set them all to go off about 3 minutes after the previous one. Then, I have an actual alarm clock radio that I set to go off when the last cell phone alarm goes off. I also go to bed at a reasonable time, or else waking uo at 5 a.m. simply wont work. I wake up at 6 or 7.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Also, do cardio whenever its best for you to do it. Dont do it so early in the morning because you heard that its best. They're talking about the fact of doing cardio before breakfast, not about doing cardio early in the morning. Also, the benefits of morning fasted cardio are that you burn a greater "percentage" of bodyfat rather than doing it later on in the day, but it doesnt burn a drastically greater amount of bodyfat, just slightly more that when added up, you will notice over a long period of time.

Do cardio whenever is best for you.
  • HenryHancock
    Options
    start going to bed at 8:00 / 8:30 until you re-adjust your body clock - then it gets easier ...