You MUST watch this video

Options

Replies

• workingforthatbody
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this video!
    It was so beautiful I was in tears
    He is truly an inspiration! :)
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Incredible and inspiring! What a wonderful story!
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    that was incredible. i love people n stories like this - never under estimate ur body, its a gift not a piece of meat to just b looked at or taken 4 granted :flowerforyou:
  • Dimpszz
    Dimpszz Posts: 40
    Options
    wow this is awesome!!! so inspiring!
  • GroovyGma73
    GroovyGma73 Posts: 64
    Options
    Bloody Hell why do I always find myself making excuses to eat healthy or not wanting to go to the gym, honestly Im just plain lazy, after watching this video it has inspired me to stop making excuses, if people like this can do it then I can and I will.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    you got me. i cried.

success begins the moment you decide and you believe.

^^This!! I'm still crying!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much for posting. I had to save it and when feeling down I'll rewatch it over and over!
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring!! Thank you for posting!! That was def amazing to see
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    wow... am i the only one who thinks his yoga instructor was being incredibly irresponsible in introducing him to such advanced moves when he could barely stand?

he is incredibly lucky that he did not do himself further serious damage during one of those falls.

as someone who HAS been injured, who spent 2 years with limited mobility, who had 3 surgeries to correct it, and who has recovered without falling over once, i would like to add to this video that recovery is possible without putting someone at high risk of further injury.

i'm angry with the yoga instructors who turned him away, but i'm more angry that this instructor was so arrogant that he put someone else at risk.

Lamesauce! ...:huh: always one in the bunch:huh: !

She's right though. As much as I find this story extremely motivating, inspiring and touching, I think it could've been very dangerous for him to fall on his coccyx or something similar. Could've worsened his condition...

...one, or two!

I said he inspired me, that I found his story extremely motivating, and I even shared it with my friends and family. HOWEVER, some of the moves he was doing in the video weren't appropriate for his condition at the time. I am actually WORRYING about him.

Explain to me like I'm five years old.. How does that make me a hater?

Perhaps he was further into the moves when they started videoing him It didn't follow his steps every day day in and day out. How do you know that it was a month or two into the program when they recorded him trying to do the stunt? How do you know that DDP was the one that wanted him to do the move? Maybe he, himself wanted to see if he could push his body without the supervision of DDP....

And to be quite honest if DDP can have a broken back, collar bone, arm, leg, and be told hes gonna live in a wheel chair forever b/c of his wrestling career taking a toll on his body and was able to out smart the doctors by proving them wrong and then he wanted to share his help with someone else in a similar position I commend him.

Granted everyone does stupid things sometimes with their bodies and sure he could have hurt himself but he was willing to take those chances to lose the weight and look what happened.
  • Lyssa310
    Lyssa310 Posts: 8
    Options
    Purely, inspirational! Yes, I did cry, because he had the Faith, that he wanted to pull through , and the yoga instructor believed in him! And he did it!!! Amazing! Love it! <3
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    that was so great! thank you for sharing!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    wow... am i the only one who thinks his yoga instructor was being incredibly irresponsible in introducing him to such advanced moves when he could barely stand?

he is incredibly lucky that he did not do himself further serious damage during one of those falls.

as someone who HAS been injured, who spent 2 years with limited mobility, who had 3 surgeries to correct it, and who has recovered without falling over once, i would like to add to this video that recovery is possible without putting someone at high risk of further injury.

i'm angry with the yoga instructors who turned him away, but i'm more angry that this instructor was so arrogant that he put someone else at risk.

I see your point, but this was a video filmed over 10 months. We don't see a step-by-step of what the instructor gave him from day 1. Who's to say that the instructor gave him those very hard moves straight away?

I saw some of the easier moves earlier on, and the standing on head ones later. I'm assuming that he built up some basic core strength before attempting those, as there's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Great video OP, thank you for sharing :smile:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    what a great story. Thanks for posting.
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    So I finally got around to watching this...

All I can hear now is that little voice in my own head saying "what's your excuse?"

Thanks so much for sharing and hats off to that remarkable man.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sobbing right now. Amazing. I've got to share this.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm really, really, really glad I watched this today. I'll also be showing this to my kids...everyone can benefit from watching such an inspiring, determined man reach "unattainable" goals.

Thanks for posting this.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That was amazing!!!!!! What a wonderful story!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    /bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!