Pit Bull <3er's

Options

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    My dad has raised pit bulls for my entire life. I have pictures of me using them as pillows and several of them dressed up in costumes/clothes. I get incoherently angry when people start talking about how bad they are. We never had a bad one, because my dad raised them right. His current one, Splinter, is a big baby (and I mean big; he's the tallest pit I've ever seen).
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    He is a handsome boy! I also own a sweet Pit girl named Kiko :) She is my 2nd Pit I have owned. can someone please refresh my memory how to post a pic here?

Go up to my post I explained that.
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    it is awful how they r used to fight & mistreated. ur baby looks gorgeous. i would personally never have 1 but am very happy that u found him & took him in & have given him a wonderful home.

i saw a video once of 2 pitbulls that had chased 3 people on top of a car, police were called, shot at the dogs but they still didnt stop & continued to try and get to the people (not the owners - civilians in wrong place, wrong time).

my great dane was playing with a staffie once - just playing, running around & we were standing nearby wen all of a sudden the staffie turned on him & bit into his side - thankfully apollo was only young & still growing into his skin, so he only bit into excess skin! i was ready to murder that dog - and its owner. therefore, i would never personally trust the breed(s) but do fully believe that its the owners fault & responsibility more than the dogs.

i hope u look after each other :smile:
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My parents have a pit/lab named Sheba. We just adopted a lab/sharpei that we brought up from a high kill shelter in Georgia. Named her Jesse. Sheba is staying with us for 2 weeks while my parents are in Europe. This is Jesse playing keep away with a ball, Sheba is chasing her:

528727_3580941716486_1061485862_3241809_607308411_n.jpg

This is what Sheba is doing now...
    581569_3587738486401_1061485862_3245088_1896822486_n.jpg
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    http://www.change.org/petitions/local-4-news-detroit-click-on-detroit-retract-their-story-about-the-5-dogs-breeds-that-don-t-mix-with-children#

Sooo, Local 4 news has been running this anti -pit bull(and a few other breeds) story on the air and online. Their main source listed is dogsbite . org, which is a known anti-pit bull propaganda site. This petition asks for an on air apology and for the story to be retracted.

If anyone has a few moments, I would appreciate signatures!

People jump to conclusions about dogs maybe they are aggressive because they weren't treated well by their owners or got attacked by another dog. That dogsbite website is awful they need to get their large breed hating heads out of their *kitten*. I have a boxer and he's a grumpy old *kitten*. He was fine till he got attacked and had a chunk of his armpit bitten out of him by another boxer. He was playing with a pit bull that was loose. The other boxer just ran at him and attacked him. I kicked him so he would back off and he kept coming towards my dog. They started fighting with each other and I had to kick him a few times to go away while trying to restrain my dog from attacking him back. I hate hitting animals and I felt really bad after. Atleast he wasn't injured but this went on for atleast 10 minutes before the owner came out to get her dog. The pit bull didn't show any aggression at all, he ran away when they started fighting. My niece pokes his eyes and pulls on his toenails and he doesn't get mad at her. I've seen alot of pit bulls around kids pulling their ears and tails and stuff and the dog doesn't bite them. I would trust any dog around kids before I would trust a cat around kids. Bottom line is any pet should be carefully supervised while interacting with children.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have always LOVED pitts!! they are fantastic dogs. Any dog has the potential to be agressive if put in the wrong situation or raisaed wrong .... Pitts just got a bad wrap! I run a dog walking company and we have a ton of clients with 'bully' breeds and they're all great. I have a jack russel (well it's my boyfriends) and two cats - but I'd own a pitt any day!! :)

**On a side note, I'm not sure why pitts have such a bad wrap - I just heard about a jack russell biting a baby 30 times about an hour away from where I am in VA - but no ones saying jack russells are 'aggressive'!! Like I said, any dog can do something crazy if brought up wrong or put in the wrong situation, it's not a breed thing.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When I used to run with my rottweiler/golden mix years and years ago (he's been gone 7 years), a poodle ran over and bit him on the side of the face and would not let go. My dog was swinging his head wildly trying to get the dog off his face, but he had an iron grip. I tried yanking him off and could not budge him. The owner was standing in her nightgown in her doorway and freaking out that my evil rottweiler was going to kill her dog. Ummm.... not sure what situation she was watching, but my dog was the victim. I finally got out my pepper spray, shielded my dog and sprayed that poodle full on. He let go and ran back to his owner squealing. I felt bad, but if I didn't do it, my dog would have eventually grabbed him by the stomach to pull him off and then he'd be dead.
  • amculver1
    amculver1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    His music is Muy Caliente...<--- learned that from one of his songs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtyqpEmMLWERYvix_JkKS-Wbp5-W23SSTppzmOi15e77PFXC9xZA

I'd like to adopt that pit bull.....

Why is this so funny?!:laugh:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I dont have a pit (I have a silly bichon-poodle that showed up one day at my parents :heart: ) BUT i love pits! A good friend of mine has a pit & an american bulldog/pitbull (the 2 "worst" breeds in one!) They are the sweetest dogs I have ever been around. They fight with each other but have never been aggressive toward me or any other friends. I also believe it's the owner and how they were raised that affects their behavior.

Your baby is adorable!

I have a friend with the same mix and I agree she is so sweet!

When we moved out of state we had a hard time finding a place to live because one of our dogs is a husky mix which they consider to be an "aggressive breed" and our other dog (a wheaten terrier) is over 40 lbs too so basically no one would rent to us because of our "large aggressive dogs" :laugh: we ended up buying a house so we can have as many large aggressive animals as we want! :bigsmile:

I definitely agree that any animal will fight if put in a dangerous situation but dogs have been bred for thousands of years to serve humans (don't take this the wrong way) but they were bred to be man's best friend. They have come to depend on us and they don't even do well if left in the wild because they don't know how to hunt or fend for themselves anymore. They need us like we need them, nobody loves you more than your dog. :-)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Here's my rescues..........

Chow / Lab Mix and Boxer / Pit Mix:

2813064570040669092S425x425Q85.jpg

2051146420040669092S425x425Q85.jpg

2935987130040669092SxuKkz_th.jpg

2152049890040669092S425x425Q85.jpg
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Yay! More pictures! There ain't nothin' better than the smile of Pit Bull! :heart:

Dietz27 - I was looking at his pic thinking He's a boxer! No, he's a Pit Bull! No, he's a Boxer! That's a good lookin' dog ya got there!

Thanks. He is so dark that you need to get him outside in the sun to see how shiny he is. I will post some new ones that are on my computer at home. His name is Willy

Is he brindle?

Sunshine, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your dog! Neighbors can really suck sometimes. :cry: I had a Shepherd/Hound/Pit mix that animal control put down last February after she got loose (my back door blew open while I was in the shower, and she took off and jumped the fence) and "charged off my property and attacked" my neighbor's dog as they were walking past my house. She'd already gotten me in trouble several times before, but aside from her dog aggression she was an amazingly sweet and intelligent dog. I didn't have the heart to put her down before then. After she was put to sleep, I found out she didn't really attack the dog. The woman was able to grab Abbie's collar before she got to her dog, and another woman driving by got out to help her. She tried to bring Abbie back to the house, but since I was in the shower, I didn't hear the door, and I guess Abbie got away from her. I can't even look at that woman anymore.

That's awful! I take my dog running a few times a week and part of our route is on a street with no sidewalk. Sometimes there is this older black mixed dog, he looks like he might have some kind of pitt or other "bully" dog in him but he just wants to play with my dog! The first time he came running across the street I jumped because I don't know this dog or what he's gonna do to my dog but he just came over and they sniffed each other and did a little play dance around each other and I walked him to a few doors before I found out who he belonged to. I didn't want him to get hit by a car! My dog didn't want to run anymore after we brought him home, I thought she might be tired so I turned around to go home and when we got to the house where her doggy friend came from she wanted to go up to the door! I thought it was sweet. He seems to get out quite a bit and it makes me sad because I don't want him to get hit or someone to report him like your neighbors did because he really just wants to make friends. My dogs do the same thing!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Titus-1.jpgLab cross.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I thought this was about Pitbull the Cuban rapper/ entertainer (which I love dancing to).

Ha!

Hahaha I thought the same thing and then I come on here and see dogs... I love dogs though :)
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My first dog was a Pit. I adopted her when she was about 2 from a local shelter. I loved this girl more than anything. She was bored at home when I was at work so I adopted another one from local rescue. After Hollie past away it was just me and Tony. So I fostered female Pits. After Tony passed away I didn't want another Pit Bull. My son was 2 weeks old and I just didn't think adopting another Pit was a great idea. I love this breed more than anything. I would never buy from a backyard breeder , and shelters don't have puppies . They have adult dogs with unknown past. Its ok for adult household, but don't think bringing 3 y/o dog of any breed to your newborn is a good idea. So i'll wait for my kids to grow up, my Bouvier des Flanders to live her life, and I will get another mistreated soul from a local shelter.... <3 Pit Bulls :)
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love pitbulls!! I have a pitbull/great dane mix and a pitbull/dachshund mix (and a border collie mix). they are so loyal and loving....total lap dogs.

I recently volunteered for a event called pitbull days for underprivileged communities! awesome event where we gave free vaccines, neutering/spaying, deworming! 453 dogs we saw ....of which were 95% pitbulls...all were amazing!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Titus-1.jpgLab cross.

He is gorgeous!!

Titus-1.jpg
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    People are such morons when it comes to dogs. My first job ever (at 15) was with a dog trainer (which was about the coolest job possible). People would have the craziest, most WTF-worthy ideas about dogs and how to interact with them.

I never had a pittie, but my dog Zoey has been about 85 pounds most of her life. Sweetest dog in the world but big and a scary black face means that people were terrified of her. We even had the cops show up a number of times just because she was sleeping on the lawn. I remember one time that my mom and I were up in the home office and heard this weird screaming. My mom looked out the window and was like, "There's a crazy person screaming at the dog!" This woman was just standing on the sidewalk (on the other side of the invisible fence so Zoey wouldn't get closer than about six feet), bending down, and just SCREAMING bizarre things and profanities in the dog's face. I run downstairs and throw open the door and the dog comes BOLTING in the house, scared out of her mind. This crazy woman is standing on the sidewalk and starts trying to yell at me about the "dangerous animal."

Now, I pride myself on being pretty logical and even-headed. I went OFF on this idiot like I had never done before (or have done since). She didn't even have a coherent response. I ended up consoling a shaking dog for 45 minutes and my mom had to talk me out of following that moron home to plot my revenge.

Seriously, does this look dangerous to you?
    fdsdp.jpg
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    http://www.change.org/petitions/local-4-news-detroit-click-on-detroit-retract-their-story-about-the-5-dogs-breeds-that-don-t-mix-with-children#

Sooo, Local 4 news has been running this anti -pit bull(and a few other breeds) story on the air and online. Their main source listed is dogsbite . org, which is a known anti-pit bull propaganda site. This petition asks for an on air apology and for the story to be retracted.

If anyone has a few moments, I would appreciate signatures!

Signed and shared on Facebook. I have rescue friends and shelter friends on there.

I was banned on WDIV website from commenting because of there stereotype stories on pits!:tongue: