Jillian Michael's new weight loss Supplements

Options
Has anyone tried Jillian's new weight loss supplements? I ordered them and I am just wondering if anyone out there has had success.

Thanks,

Michele:smile:

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    no what do they have in tham:frown: my hart i doint think can handle being raced up
  • deamarie
    Options
    I did lots of research on them in hopes that she would not put her face on crap. The ingredients all have an affect on the body in large quantities. The pills do not contain enough of each ingredient to make a difference. I am afraid you wasted your money but who knows?
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    What ingredients are in these supplements? Just curious.

Sometimes, with supplements, the very act of swalling the supplement with large quantities of water (a little placebo affect coupled with a tummy full of water) will help to curb your appetite!

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • deamarie
    Options
    Orange extracts, grapefruit extracts, guarana, white willow bark....I can't recall what else. All natural but not enough to be effective.
  • michele73
    Options
    I can't imagine her putting her name on the line like that if it was total garbage. I guess I will have to just wait and see.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    to quote Ms. Michaels...
    "There's no such thing as a magic pill"

What a total hypocrite. Shame on her.
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    to quote Ms. Michaels...
    "There's no such thing as a magic pill"

What a total hypocrite. Shame on her.

I agree.:sick:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I can't imagine her putting her name on the line like that if it was total garbage. I guess I will have to just wait and see.

I work in marketing, and companies, and personalities, who already have a hard earned reputation, generally proceed with extreme caution in aligning with prodcuts, or representing them. I would be very surprised if it was total garbage! You might just get good results. Supplements have their place, and can give you that refining edge, which it looks like you are ready for (you don't have much weight to lose, am I right?).
  • michele73
    Options
    Thank you, Betty! I'm happy that I at least got one positive response. I will leave my review once I start using them.
  • michele73
    Options
    FYI. I copy and pasted this from Jillians Facebook page.

Hi guys, I am addressing your questions about why I created a line of weight loss supplements!

First off, this isn't an endorsement deal. It's MY line. It was my idea and I created the products with the top bariatrics doctors in the world. And I do mean the world. These are some of the same doctors I have been working with for years to help me with my Biggest Loser contestants and my books — especially Master Your Metabolism. I have ALWAYS been an advocate of supplementation. Not as a total solution, but as a means to accelerate weight loss, and enhance your performance in every aspect of your life be it metabolic, immunity, antiaging and so on. For reference, you can take a look at Making the Cut (pp. 251-262), where I talked about which supplements work and which don't. In my latest book, Master Your Metabolism, I talked about natural ingredients that can boost metabolic function, like caffeine, vitamin C, and zinc. For years I have advocated the use of caffeine and white willow bark to increase performance in the gym and speed metabolism. I have recommended fiber blends to help curb appetite. I have referred people to different multivitamins, fat burners, protein powders, bars, drinks, etc.

The problem for me was that every line out there has stuff in it I don't like. There are artificial colorings in the gel caps, or artificial sweeteners in the protein powders. There is soy in all the protein bars. Often the ingredients in the supplements aren't combined properly so they are not effective and so on. There is NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING, harmful in these products. They are all natural. Have a look at the ingredients: Calorie Control: Yerba Mate leaf, Coffee (bean) Extract (Coffea arabica) - standardized to 70% natural caffeine ,Guarana (seed) Extract (Paullinia Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) ** Fat Burner: White Willow (bark) Powder (Salix alba), Grapefruit (fruit) Extract, Bitter Orange (fruit) Extract , Blood Orange (fruit) Extract, Sweet Orange (fruit) Extract, Coleus forskohlii (leaf) Extract, Forskohlin , Tribulus terrestris (root) Extract - standardized to 20% steroidal saponins ) - caffeine Cocoa (seed) Extract

All Natural stuff, no drugs, no chemicals. They even have the perfect amount of caffeine. No more than 200 mg so you won't release stress hormone. Caffeine when supplemented properly has MANY health benefits. It improves cognitive function, fights Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, helps insulin resistance, reduces risk of liver cancer, and speeds metabolism by up to 6%. If you don't believe me check out this link and see what Dr. Oz has to say: http://www.coffeesage.com/archives/2008/02/good-news-on-coffee-from-oprahs-dr-oz/

With all that said, you still MUST eat right and work out. This stuff is just meant to support your body while training and accelerate your results. Ok, that’s all for now. Have a killer weekend!

j
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    let us know if they work!
  • michele73
    Options
    I just got them in the mail tonight. I am starting tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!:flowerforyou:
  • michele73
    Options
    :smile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    By the way, FYI, they carry them at WalMart now. If they have them at Wally world in lil' ol' Billings, Montana, they have them everywhere. Except, maybe, Wyoming. They're the only ones later than us. I won't buy them - but if you're looking I saw a giant display last weekend with her picture on it all stocked up with little boxes ready to go.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Keep us updated! Can always use a little help.
    277443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    yes, please keep us posted on your results. thanks :wink:
  • michele73
    Options
    Today is day 5 on Jillians supplements and I lost two pounds already. That is without working out and while I have my period. I don't workout the first few days while I have it but besides that, exercise is a part of my life about 3 to 4 times per week. I lost 17 pounds during the spring and summer and then did not lose anything during August. So starting these pills were a fresh start after not losing for a while. Yesterday and today I took half the dose because I felt too hyper. It was too much with my cup of coffee and one of the nights I had trouble sleeping. It felt much better to use half the dose. It still does the trick without being too overwhelming. I will keep writing as time goes by to let you know more.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I just bought the Jillian Fat Burners at Walmart --- are these the only ones or does she have more supplements? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • michele73
    Options
    She also has the Calorie reducer in the blue bottle. That is the one that reduces your appetite so you eat fewer calories. It works! I have been taking both. I bought them together but they are also sold separately. Good Luck!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    FYI. I copy and pasted this from Jillians Facebook page.

Hi guys, I am addressing your questions about why I created a line of weight loss supplements!

First off, this isn't an endorsement deal. It's MY line. It was my idea and I created the products with the top bariatrics doctors in the world. And I do mean the world. These are some of the same doctors I have been working with for years to help me with my Biggest Loser contestants and my books — especially Master Your Metabolism. I have ALWAYS been an advocate of supplementation. Not as a total solution, but as a means to accelerate weight loss, and enhance your performance in every aspect of your life be it metabolic, immunity, antiaging and so on. For reference, you can take a look at Making the Cut (pp. 251-262), where I talked about which supplements work and which don't. In my latest book, Master Your Metabolism, I talked about natural ingredients that can boost metabolic function, like caffeine, vitamin C, and zinc. For years I have advocated the use of caffeine and white willow bark to increase performance in the gym and speed metabolism. I have recommended fiber blends to help curb appetite. I have referred people to different multivitamins, fat burners, protein powders, bars, drinks, etc.

The problem for me was that every line out there has stuff in it I don't like. There are artificial colorings in the gel caps, or artificial sweeteners in the protein powders. There is soy in all the protein bars. Often the ingredients in the supplements aren't combined properly so they are not effective and so on. There is NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING, harmful in these products. They are all natural. Have a look at the ingredients: Calorie Control: Yerba Mate leaf, Coffee (bean) Extract (Coffea arabica) - standardized to 70% natural caffeine ,Guarana (seed) Extract (Paullinia Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) ** Fat Burner: White Willow (bark) Powder (Salix alba), Grapefruit (fruit) Extract, Bitter Orange (fruit) Extract , Blood Orange (fruit) Extract, Sweet Orange (fruit) Extract, Coleus forskohlii (leaf) Extract, Forskohlin , Tribulus terrestris (root) Extract - standardized to 20% steroidal saponins ) - caffeine Cocoa (seed) Extract

All Natural stuff, no drugs, no chemicals. They even have the perfect amount of caffeine. No more than 200 mg so you won't release stress hormone. Caffeine when supplemented properly has MANY health benefits. It improves cognitive function, fights Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, helps insulin resistance, reduces risk of liver cancer, and speeds metabolism by up to 6%. If you don't believe me check out this link and see what Dr. Oz has to say: http://www.coffeesage.com/archives/2008/02/good-news-on-coffee-from-oprahs-dr-oz/

With all that said, you still MUST eat right and work out. This stuff is just meant to support your body while training and accelerate your results. Ok, that’s all for now. Have a killer weekend!

j

Wow--people must have really gotten pissed off.

When you start waving the "All Natural" flag, that's a sure sign of desperate damage control.