When escaping from a Zombie horde, what to wear?

Options

Replies

• kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    A Michael Jackson ala Thriller costume (red jacket/pants)!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    LOTS of garlic.
    That might make you more appetizing.

Oh, yeah, good point.

Please state the nationality of the zombies in question. My plan would backfire badly with Italian zombies.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just jump in a lake, zombies cant swim. They sink.

World War Z zombies can swim and eat people in the water!

What? No... some are bloated and float; and some bodies of water are shallow enough for them to reach up and grab. None of them swim. That's the whole point of the underwater tracking/killing teams towards the end of the book.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Zombies only want me for my brains
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

What? No... some are bloated and float; and some bodies of water are shallow enough for them to reach up and grab. None of them swim. That's the whole point of the underwater tracking/killing teams towards the end of the book.

I would not argue with someone named ZombieSlayer.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    <--- I went with kind of a Michonne (from Walking Dead) look, with lightweight katana swords crossed on my back, torn and bloody white tshirt and comfortable black running pants.
    Dressing as "Walking Dead" characters would be pretty sweet.
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wear something you don't care if you have to throw it out afterwards. We did the one in Atlanta last March. We were coated in GA red clay - even the black clothes were stained! RFYL tells you they have a "clean-up area"...LOL!! It's just a PVC pipe that drips water on you. Bring extra shoes, too. They have a donation tent where you can donate your running shoes after the race. I can't remember which foundation, though. Lots of people were wearing crazy costumes, but that seemed to make it harder to slog through the mud and water. Have fun!!! We can't wait until the next one!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I Just did a very scaled down version this weekend in Grand Rapids, no obstacles and the zombies did not chase you.. They just hang out on the course and occasionally jump out from behind a tree.. The run for your lives version looks much more intense and as soon as I can run 5k I will definitely sign up for one.
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    After reading all these comments, I think I'm going to save my old running shoes for the race and maybe add some safety pins to my workout pants that are getting too big. (August in Seattle)
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    anything comfortable for running - or PJ's lols. i'm betting i would be caught in my PJ's when a zombie outbreak started.

when. not if.
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    anything comfortable for running - or PJ's lols. i'm betting i would be caught in my PJ's when a zombie outbreak started.

when. not if.

I don't think they'll let me run nekkid :laugh: ... but one should Bug-In for a few days, if possible, before having to make a run for it.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Run For Your Life race on Saturday. Has anyone done one of these? What do people typically wear? I'm assuming some sort of costume? I've done a few other adventure races, but there wasn't a theme, so no costumes.

Is that the one in Amesbury? I was going to stop by until I found out they are charging for spectators. Now the race is just going to screw my drive to the gym. Or at elast the Warrior Dash they hosted last year pretty much shut down the West side of town.

Yeah, the one in Amesbury. And Warrior Dash was so crazy that people missed their wave times. I parked my car at the credit union and walked over.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Run For Your Life race on Saturday. Has anyone done one of these? What do people typically wear? I'm assuming some sort of costume? I've done a few other adventure races, but there wasn't a theme, so no costumes.

i was considering doing this but registration passed...whomp...just whatever will get you through, you dont have to dress like a zombie
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Is that the one in Amesbury? I was going to stop by until I found out they are charging for spectators. Now the race is just going to screw my drive to the gym. Or at elast the Warrior Dash they hosted last year pretty much shut down the West side of town.

Yeah, the one in Amesbury. And Warrior Dash was so crazy that people missed their wave times. I parked my car at the credit union and walked over.

Yeah, I head there were a lot of problems with the buses running back and forth from the school and farm for the Warrior Dash.
  • summertime_girl
    Options

Yeah, I head there were a lot of problems with the buses running back and forth from the school and farm for the Warrior Dash.

Actually, maybe the parking won't be too bad. The race sent out an email that the parking is at the Seabrook dog track. That lot is huge, so there shouldn't be too much trouble to get in and out of there, and on the busses.
  • Nerple
    Options

Actually, maybe the parking won't be too bad. The race sent out an email that the parking is at the Seabrook dog track. That lot is huge, so there shouldn't be too much trouble to get in and out of there, and on the busses.

Yeah, that is a pretty big lot and pretty close to 95. Kind of far away, but there aren't any lots nearly that size in Amesbury. And if they route the buses down 95 and 495, it won't shut down half the town like the Warrior Dash did!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options

actually they DONT swim.. but they dont drown either .. They just walk the bottom waiting for someone to swim within reach .
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    It was such fun! The people who were playing zombies looked amazing. My son was a zombie, and we got there two hours before his shift so he could get "zombie training" and professional makeup. The zombies looked really fabulous, straight off a movie set. The promos from the website look just like all the people really were made up to look like.

In addition to makeup, a lot of the people had costumes on. Nuns, brides, sports figures, etc. If money is an issue, and you want to do this race, register as a zombie. You do a three hour shift, and then you get to race after for only $25, rather than the $80+ it typically costs.

Huge party all day long, live bands, tons of food, etc.

Safety was paramount, they had about 100 Marines in uniform stationed throughout the course, as well as available at each obstacle in case someone needed help. (Of course the military is called in during the Zombie Apocalypse!) There were also police and firefighters/EMT there in case of emergency. I'm friends with a few of the firefighters on duty yesterday, and there were very few injuries, which is great, considering about 7000 people raced yesterday.

The obstacles on this particular race weren't tough, IMO. And I've done a few of these types of races now. The mud, which was knee high in many places, was the toughest. If I signed up again, I'd aim for an earlier wave time to get the best conditions. The zombie "gauntlet" was tough. Zombies stationed zig zag every few feet, and you had to dodge them.

I kept my flags until mile three, but did succumb to a zombie nun.

My only gripe was with one of the obstacles. Racers had to go up over and A-frame structure, then slide down into a pool of slime. It was only minutes from the finish line. The slide broke at one point, and there ended up being a bottleneck of racers. I stood there for a good 20 minutes before I could go up and over. If you skip an obstacle, you don't finish, so I wanted to do it.

I was never going to win overall, but I'm always racing against myself. And having done that course before on a different race, I had a time I wanted to beat. I would have, if I didn't get stuck.

But even with that 20 delay, I still came in the top 3rd overall, and had a damn good time. Next time I'm going to be a zombie and racer, get to experience both!
  • Nerple
    Options
    It was such fun! The people who were playing zombies looked amazing. My son was a zombie, and we got there two hours before his shift so he could get "zombie training" and professional makeup. The zombies looked really fabulous, straight off a movie set. The promos from the website look just like all the people really were made up to look like.

In addition to makeup, a lot of the people had costumes on. Nuns, brides, sports figures, etc. If money is an issue, and you want to do this race, register as a zombie. You do a three hour shift, and then you get to race after for only $25, rather than the $80+ it typically costs.

Huge party all day long, live bands, tons of food, etc.

Safety was paramount, they had about 100 Marines in uniform stationed throughout the course, as well as available at each obstacle in case someone needed help. (Of course the military is called in during the Zombie Apocalypse!) There were also police and firefighters/EMT there in case of emergency. I'm friends with a few of the firefighters on duty yesterday, and there were very few injuries, which is great, considering about 7000 people raced yesterday.

The obstacles on this particular race weren't tough, IMO. And I've done a few of these types of races now. The mud, which was knee high in many places, was the toughest. If I signed up again, I'd aim for an earlier wave time to get the best conditions. The zombie "gauntlet" was tough. Zombies stationed zig zag every few feet, and you had to dodge them.

I kept my flags until mile three, but did succumb to a zombie nun.

My only gripe was with one of the obstacles. Racers had to go up over and A-frame structure, then slide down into a pool of slime. It was only minutes from the finish line. The slide broke at one point, and there ended up being a bottleneck of racers. I stood there for a good 20 minutes before I could go up and over. If you skip an obstacle, you don't finish, so I wanted to do it.

I was never going to win overall, but I'm always racing against myself. And having done that course before on a different race, I had a time I wanted to beat. I would have, if I didn't get stuck.

But even with that 20 delay, I still came in the top 3rd overall, and had a damn good time. Next time I'm going to be a zombie and racer, get to experience both!

Sounds like a good time!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recap. I'm doing Run For Your Lives in August. Can't wait!