Creeps... Ew.

Options

Replies

• jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I can't see the logic behind his creepiness... If he works at a gym, he's probably a fit guy. Why would he need to steal customers' numbers and then stalk them? He should be able to get a girl without doing all of that. I guess he's just messed up. Hope ya never see or hear from him again.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is a pretty serious problem and while I applaud you for going to the gym manager to get to the bottom of things. However, I do think that this requires a lot more attention and the involvement of a higher force. Each state has different laws and regulations, but know that you DO have resources to turn to for more information and how you can take further steps in removing this person from your life entirely.

If he had access to your personal account at the gym, I am assuming it likely contained other personal information such as your home address...which can be incredibly serious.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a stalker. Honestly, I think I may would go one step further and get a restraining order on him. Also if he is not let go soon, the facility is putting you at risk. He should not have been working after that.. In fact, 3 times is quite lenient with this type of behavior. I would also change gyms if he continues to either work there or work out there... Most of these types are more than creepy.. They are sick and can be very dangerous.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    When I was young I was in a very similar circumstance. I did not do anything about it ...as a result...I left my job and he grabbed me in the parking lot , drove me miles away jerked me out of his car and beat me and raped me. I SURVIVED!!! Never underestimate the unbalanced mind. After that for a long time I was afraid to be around any man. With help I got through it. Later on I learned to shoot very very well. Please do not take your situation lightly.

This is all I could think as well. Absolutely seek the police. Absolutely seek a full refund from the gym and to find a new gym as well as him being fired! You being safe is the most important thing here and I'm sorry, if he's already done this two other times....? Yeah. I would be terrified. Beyond belief. Do not take this lightly. At all. Do you never read the news? Watch the news? How many of those women didn't call the police when they should have?
  • kdeaux1959
    Options
    That is a pretty serious problem and while I applaud you for going to the gym manager to get to the bottom of things. However, I do think that this requires a lot more attention and the involvement of a higher force. Each state has different laws and regulations, but know that you DO have resources to turn to for more information and how you can take further steps in removing this person from your life entirely.

If he had access to your personal account at the gym, I am assuming it likely contained other personal information such as your home address...which can be incredibly serious.

ABSOLUTELY.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've worked at a gym and the fact that this guy wasn't fired after the first two times is absolutely unbelievable. They are not taking the safety and comfort of their members very seriously. I would immediately change gyms asking the owner to cancel your membership without any further charges. If they don't do that, then I would go to a lawyer and try to get your contract canceled. I'm not suggesting you sue your gym for damages, but just be able to get out of your contract without any penalties because this was their negligence, not your fault. I'm no lawyer, but it seems like what he did was illegal. Obviously, it was at the very least unethical and violates your privacy.
  • kdeaux1959
    Options
    omg thats so creepy :o

there is this guy at the gym who has been creeping on me, he works in the front... he already added me on Facebook which was whatever..but then he kept asking what my plans were and then asked for my number! and then one day he decided that we were on hugging terms...

also whenever my friend goes to the gym he asks where i am! but at least he talked to me in person and not just lurking in the distance watching :O

i hope that guy gets fired btw! I'm surprised they haven't already.

Your situation concerns me a lot. I highly recommend reporting him to the manager and unfriend him... If he persists in the wanting to know your plans and such, make sure you do what it takes to get out of the situation. These types can be very unstable.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have every right feel creeped out! That guy has issues!

I'm sorry.... I love male attention & love getting hit on & often think women go overboard when they think a guy is creepy when he's just trying to do what we're wired to do but EVEN FOR ME that crosses the line!! Ew that guy should not be doing that at work :(
  • megacy
    megacy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Google him, see if anything pops up. Can you get the names of the other 2 women? All 3 of you should go to the owner and ask why he is still there, if he hasn't been fired. If 3 women went and complained, I'm guessing there's 3 or more that didn't.
    Does the company have a facebook account? You could bring up on facebook. Or yelp. Or any other website that allows comments or reviews.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    My daughter got the same thing from the guy where she took her car to get tyres fixed .... not quite so bad as your pervy creep, but using private information for personal gain - she made a formal complaint to the company.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sounds like either you get a free membership, or you tell the media what is going on at that gym. :D

Id file harrashment
  • Levi_Hansen
    Levi_Hansen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not only that, but it wasn't the first time he had done this, there had in fact already been TWO complaints made against him, and he was on his final warning. Needless to say, the staff member will be getting let go...

I haven't seen any replies from you to your own topic post on what appears to be a serious topic - So, I am curious: How do you know these things? Did someone actually say this to you in these words?
  • TiffanyAmber86
    Options
    OMG....that is crazy disgustingly creepy.Your supposed to feel safe at the gym. I mean thats part of what you pay for. I would be even more nervous because Im assuming he has access to your address and other personal information. I would make some sort of harrassment report and lawyer up. NOT OKAY.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not only that, but it wasn't the first time he had done this, there had in fact already been TWO complaints made against him, and he was on his final warning. Needless to say, the staff member will be getting let go...

I haven't seen any replies from you to your own topic post on what appears to be a serious topic - So, I am curious: How do you know these things? Did someone actually say this to you in these words?

Sorry I was at work so haven't had time to type out a proper reply. But to answer your question, yes. When I laid the complaint, the manager whom I spoke to got rather angry and told me that he will not be taking it lightly as this particular staff member had text and made remarks to other woman at the gym on two previous occasions and was on his final warning. He had also already scheduled a disciplinary meeting for him for Monday (today) before I had voiced my concerns.

Thank you to everyone else for the kind words and advice, I now realise I was taking it too lightly. I figured that because he hadn't approached me at all in person, then it wasn't a big deal, but I now realise that's not the case, and i'll be putting things in place for my own protection. What started as a rant, has turned into a learning experience for me, so thank you! Xxxx
  • lurkette
    lurkette Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that victims of stalking creeps always take things too lightly at first. It's a valuable lesson for the future. Sadly, there are many people out there who simply can't take no for an answer, and as a result, I no longer give my real information on non-government documents. i.e. If I'm applying for a membership or something, I don't give out real info. If they want that, they're going to have to hack into my bank or credit statements to earn it. There's no reason your gym should have anything but your email. That's all they need to get a message to you, and unwanted messages can be blocked.

Calls and texts can be blocked too, with the right app, many of them are free.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/call-control-call-blocker/com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol

I wish you luck with everything, please keep us updated.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Do you have any male friends who could go 'have a word' with him?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I find it hard to believe that he would not have been immediately fired or at least suspended until further investigation. I certainly would cancel my membership to any gym that would allow such a person who has apparently done this at least three times now to continue to work there.
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    And for the creeps out there - Just a tip. You have much more of a chance with a woman if you tell her to her face that she is looking good, and that the hard work she is doing is paying off! She will be appreciative, thankful and it'll make her feel good!
    If you tell her "The way you sweat makes me want you so bad" or anything of that nature, she is going to want to throw a dunbell at your head!

^ made me loll!!! I find it fascinating just how creepy creepy guys can be! I mean, did they try it on some girl and it worked once or something? Is it in their genes?? Maybe they gave up trying to get girls and this is their way if making a joke out of it? I guess we will never know.

On a serious note... And this has probably been said... He should have been fired the first time he did this because THAT IS SUPER WRONG and I'm almost positive it's illegal.
  • Phoenix_Angel
    Options
    Do you have any male friends who could go 'have a word' with him?

This made me lol too :)
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have realised this is serious.

I feel like the utter failing of the gym to protect the safety of their patrons has not been covered well enough.

1. They did not fire him the first time.

2. They did not fire him the second time.

3. They did not immediately fire him the third time.

This behaviour requires more than warnings because it puts women in serious, even mortal, danger. I do not know what needs to be done to reprimand the gym for this, but I am sure that someone at your local women's centre or perhaps the police can help you.

Sexual harassment to that level is really serious and I suspect there are legal ramifications for the gym for not acting upon his first offence.

However, your own safety is your first priority, so get all that sorted first, but I would urge you to find a way to follow up on the issue with the gym, because the gym is the mechanism through which he was able to continue and develop his behaviour. We cannot allow institutions to accept this behaviour.