How much sleep do you get?

Options

Replies

• Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I generally manage to be in bed around 7 hours. I have so many aches and pains that I wake up and toss a lot. The last week or so I have been taking a couple of ibuprofen about 30 min before bed and I am finding that my quality of sleep is better. I do not know how anyone makes it on 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I would fall asleep at work :)

Not to sound like a commercial, but I used to toss and turn ALL night long - drove my hubby crazy. We had a crappy old spring mattress when we first got married. Got a Tempurpedic bed and almost immediately my sleep improved like you wouldn't believe. I didn't even realize how badly I was sleeping until I actually was able to sleep through the night (or mostly - still have to get up to pee sometimes). Now I no longer ache in the morning from pressure points, and I don't wake up every time he moves or comes to bed.

Just a thought. It made a huge difference for us.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I could go without any sleep and go to work and school the next day. Now working double shifts and training is taking a toll on me.
    I envy those getting 6 or more hours of sleep per night. I often wonder how much greater my training results would be if I slept more.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that we need 6-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep to refuel so I stopped drinking water after 9 pm so I wouldn't have to use the bathroom during the night and it helps! I try to go to bed around the same time every night and I end up waking up the same time in the morning feeling refreshed for the most part - sometimes a half hour before my alarm! I'm super busy (2 jobs, school, workouts, other school activities, etc.) and I know that skipping sleep will only make things worse so that's something I take seriously.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i get my full 7-8 hours usually...ppl like to mock when im in bed by 10pm but i love my sleep
  • vanderandkarl
    Options
    2-6 but its not solid sleep as i wake up at least 10 times in the night be it in pain, needing the bathroom or some kind of light is on :(

every 3 mths i have a week of sleep meds to try and get me back in to a proper sleep cycle but it doesn't last :(
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i get my full 7-8 hours usually...ppl like to mock when im in bed by 10pm but i love my sleep

Big ditto to this! I'm almost always in bed by 10pm and I need a full 7-8 hours to function well. 6.5 or less and I need a nap during the day!!!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I always try to get 8 but it doesnt always work that way, On average I would say like 6
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Big ditto to this! I'm almost always in bed by 10pm and I need a full 7-8 hours to function well. 6.5 or less and I need a nap during the day!!!

I'm usually in bed by 10pm at the latest, but I won't fall asleep right away.
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    [/quote]

Not to sound like a commercial, but I used to toss and turn ALL night long - drove my hubby crazy. We had a crappy old spring mattress when we first got married. Got a Tempurpedic bed and almost immediately my sleep improved like you wouldn't believe. I didn't even realize how badly I was sleeping until I actually was able to sleep through the night (or mostly - still have to get up to pee sometimes). Now I no longer ache in the morning from pressure points, and I don't wake up every time he moves or comes to bed.

Just a thought. It made a huge difference for us.
    [/quote]

Sheila, I actually have a Sleep Number bed and pillows. It is much better than a regular box springs and mattress. Just think age and Uncle Arthur is causing issues. Doesn't help when the SO snores! :-)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 hours but normally end up with about 6 as we have four kids and the youngest still wont sleep a full night in her bed.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Usually I try within 7.5-8 on weekdays and 11-12 on weekends. Yesterday I slept 13. I go hard all week. When I'm insomniac, I get maybe 2 hours:noway:
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I actually have no idea. It varies some with my hormone levels, I've noticed. Yesterday (Sat.) I slept 8 hours, but I had previously been awake since 12pm the previous Friday. I think 5-6? I don't sleep every night (or always at night) so really idk. My sleep is generally uninterrupted though.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    not enuff lately... anywhere frm 2 hours ...
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    4-5 gotta love being a college student.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'll sleep 4-6 hrs every 3-4 days.

Yes it is as horrific as it sounds.....
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 7-8 hours of sleep, but lately I've been waking up at around 2-3am because of the sun shining in.. oh, how I'm looking forward to the midnight sun.
  • springermad
    springermad Posts: 242
    Options
    1-2 hours a night if that x
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I was reallly good at one point and was getting a good 8 hours of sleep a night.. now it is around 5-6 and I find myself waking up a few times which sucks! I too am starting to feel it in training :(
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    5-6hrs/night..I'll sleep when I'm dead :)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm typically in bed from 10pm to 4:30am on weeknights, how much sleep I get varies wildly, as I almost always get up at least once during the night and for the past month it's been 4-5 times a night.

On weekends I usually get to bed between 12am and 2am, and if I am lucky my dog won't wake me up until 6:15am, and after taking her out I go back to bed to 8-8:30am.