Creeps... Ew.

Options
1235»

Replies

• Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't often rant on here BUT this just creeped me out and want to know if anyone else has been in this position and what they did about it....

Late Thursday night I recieved a text message from a random number saying "Is this Renee?"
    I didn't reply because 1) I didn't recognise the number, so it was obviously someone I didn't know. And 2) They didn't say who they were or what they wanted, so why reply?
    Anyway, I ignored it, and on Friday morning I got another saying "I saw you at the gym, I've been checking you out when you come in and think youre so sexy". Again, I didn't reply, and I got another... "I love watching you workout".
    I asked how the heck they got my number, and they replied saying that they got it from the person working at the reception desk at the gym! WTF!
    So I pretty much told them to leave me alone (using alot more swear words I must admit lol).
    Only to get another one saying "So I shouldn't text you then?"
    Oh naaaah bud, I just told you to leave me alone so you'd keep texting me!! Then half an hour or so later "Hello? Have I done something wrong?" Cummon, some people have no clue!

Anyway, I normally tend to turn a blind eye, and don't let things get me worked up. I don't like to make a big deal of things so I tried to ignore it. But then the texts continued and it just creeped me out so I went into the gym to lay a formal complaint. Because anyway, isn't it illegal for staff to give out members details?? That's a privacy issue isn't it?

After talking to the boss, giving them the phone number, showing them the messages etc, I found out that my phone number hadn't been given out to another member of the gym, but it was actually a staff member who had been messaging me! Ew.
    Not only that, but it wasn't the first time he had done this, there had in fact already been TWO complaints made against him, and he was on his final warning. Needless to say, the staff member will be getting let go...
    But I went in for my workout on Sunday and he was working, I could just feel him looking at me, so I had to leave. It just creeped me out! So now it's affecting my workout routine because I am avoiding the gym!!

Why do some men have to be so creepy?? I mean he went onto my file and got my phone number (I must add that he has NEVER spoken to me in person! Which I think makes it that much creepier, just watching and salivating from afar - EW!). By going into my file, it means he now has my address etc too! It's just made me feel gross! Aren't these people meant to be there to help you and encourage you? Not to make you feel uncomfortable and NOT want to go there at all!

Has anyone else experienced this at their gyms? And how do you deal with it? I mean it's easy to say ignore it - But it's hard to when you feel almost violated in a way!!

And for the creeps out there - Just a tip. You have much more of a chance with a woman if you tell her to her face that she is looking good, and that the hard work she is doing is paying off! She will be appreciative, thankful and it'll make her feel good!
    If you tell her "The way you sweat makes me want you so bad" or anything of that nature, she is going to want to throw a dunbell at your head!

Rant over! Xxx

I think you should report this to the police, it is against the Data Protection Act 1998 (this is in England though).
    Further more I think you should contact the Gym owner and advise that you intend to go to the press about this. The gym's ethics are terrible with the fact that he has been able to get away with this before, and the fact that he was still there on your next visit after having this investigated, so it sounds like they have not taken this seriously either.

This is truly shocking. Good luck :smile:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this can be considered some form of harassment and/or stalking. I would report him to the police. IMMEDIATELY. If nothing else, he'll likely get popped for invasion of privacy or something of the sort.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    well If I had someone going to a gym and this happened the creppy guy would be still creepy but with less teeth...
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    This has probably been said (haven't read the whole thread yet), but I'm pretty sure this guy has broken at least one law, using his position to steal your personal information for non-work purposes, and some form of harassment charge on top of that.