COFFEE!!!!!!

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
Here's a fun easy topic for a Monday! What is your favorite place to buy coffee?

McDonald's 99 cent-er?
Starbucks Specialties?
Thorton's 89 cents!?!?!

I was hooked on McDonald's for the longest time but now I find myself shifting back to Starbucks...blonde roast, lot's of cream one sugar :drinker:

Replies

• Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Favorite drip coffee Au Bon Pain
    Favorite frilly coffee Starbucks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    Tully's. Don't tell, I'lll be kicked out of the PNW.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    There is a tiny coffee truck right outside my office that puts Starbuck's to shame. And it's about one quarter of the price!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thornton's used to have good coffee, but now it stinks b/c they got rid of their larger size.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Somehow over the past couple of years, I have become a super coffee snob, so my choices are the following order of preference:
    1. Local indie coffee shop that serves beans roasted less than 1 week ago
    2. Peets or Local coffee shop with lower quality beans than #1, but excellent preparation technique
    15. Starbucks (if there is no other option or I want a sugary coffee drink and Peet's isn't available)
    50. 7-11, McDs, BK, Gas Station, Fast Food Places if I am absolutely desperate for caffeine

Indie Coffee Snob Cafe > Peets > Starbucks for barrista skill level (and latte art)

The other thing about option 1: The coffee tastes so different, I can forgo sugar in espresso drinks: lattes, cappuccino, and gibraltars. At starbucks, I can't because the coffee is too bitter.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    We buy flavored roasts at the market, grind them and brew at home. Saves a ton of money. I love the chocolate flavored ones... ;)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Dunkin' Donuts has the BEST coffee. That is the only thing I will go there for.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ive never been to starbucks or any other coffee shops, ive never bought one from mcdonalds either
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am totally a Honey Dew girl but, I am only drink one cup a day now so I just wait until I get to the office...it's brewed fresh & free.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I brew my own, and we buy Kivu Caramel Swirl. Though the Costa Rica blend is yummo too! I add 2 TB of creamer (either sugar free vanilla caramel or low fat vanilla bliss) and sometimes a squirt of Torani White Chocolate. If I am feeling coffee house creative I get the Readi whip & s/f Caramel sauce & ice it up. Better than Starbucks! :drinker:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Classy Couture runs on Dunkins.
  • alexis1201
    alexis1201 Posts: 14
    Options
    STARBUCKS!!! MMM.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We buy flavored roasts at the market, grind them and brew at home. Saves a ton of money. I love the chocolate flavored ones... ;)

Chocolate Caramel is my favorite.

But at work we have Jan's Java. A small independent coffee keos that puts Starbucks to shame.
  • alexis1201
    alexis1201 Posts: 14
    Options
    NOT THE FOOFEY STUFF THOUGH. JUST STRAIGHT UP AMERICANOS W/ SOY!
  • lovesbikes
    lovesbikes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My fav is Peet's 'Major ****ason's Blend' beans, grind it at home is small batches and make coffee.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I prefer indie coffee shops but I get a lot of Starbucks because they are everywhere and they give me a discount (free soy/syrups plus free drink every 15 purchases) because I have a black card.
  • kjburgess11
    kjburgess11 Posts: 20
    Options
    Community Coffee! Dark Roast - Straight up!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Tully's. Don't tell, I'lll be kicked out of the PNW.

Only someone who's truly from the PNW knows that Tully's is the superior coffee!

As I have reloacted to the South, I've had to find a more local flavor. Little Lady Coffee and Paneara's Hazelnut coffee here!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am the ultimate coffee snob... lol I use my own automatic espresso machine at home to make my coffee... saves a ton of money over going out for coffee...
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I prefer to make my coffee at my house, it seems to always taste better and I can better custom it to how I'd like it :smile: