Baby names

Options

Replies

• jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    We used Rori for our daughter as we found it could be used as the female version of Robert (my husband's name) .
    When our son came along-We had pondered Emmett, Wyatt, Sully,Seth..yeah the hubs like different names...but -I- named him after me..only fair after all..so his name is Julian (mine is Julie)
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Elise

Ooooooooooooooo, I like Elise.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are having a baby in July. This will be our 2nd child. We have a 2 year old Julia. We don't know what we are having. My wife and I can't decide on a name and looking for suggestions.

Can you help. We like traditional names, (John, Andrew, Michael) but are open to a non-traditional name (Ethan, Ian, Cole - only ideas). We love the name Julia, just seems like a fun name, we are looking for another fun name. I hope this helps, cause we sure need it.

boy name(s):
    girl name(s):

My daughter's was born 9 months ago, her name is Kennedy Elise. I was so glad I was having a girl b/c my husband and I decided that if we were having a boy he would name him and I would name the girl! God smiled on me b/c my husband picked out some awful names! :noway:

girl names: Maddison, Keegan, Taylor, Skylar, Brooke
    boy names: Tyler, Mason, Jayden
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My son is Troy Ryder. If we had another boy his name would most likely be Carson Knox. (My husband was in the army and we love both of the names!)

For a girl we've always been iffy. We always loved Alexandria or Alexia, but grew fond of the name Piper, also!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    oops
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have always been partial to Irish names; hence my sons are Danny, Kelly and Shaun.....my new granddaughter is Isla Marie which goes perfect with our Scottish last name. Isla is a common name in Scotland (actress Isla Fisher)!
  • volvol16
    volvol16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Boys Names: Andrew, Henry, Brady, Cody, Avery, Ethan, Michael,
    Girls Names: Lillian (Lil), Lindy, Rylie (a mash-up of mine and my boyfriends names Ryan + Leslie), Lauren (Lo), Caroline, Cecilia, Drew, Andie, Violet

I believe in passing on family names... My name begins with "L", so therefore the "L" names... My brother's name is Andrew so I would like to name a child that "Andrew", "Drew", and "Andie"..... I love the mashup of mine and my boyfriends names = "Rylie", but it doesn't flow from the pen very well. My grandmother's name is Carol, hince "Caroline" and my grandfather's name is Cecil, hince "Cecilia".... My great aunt's name is "Violet"...
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ryan
    Wesley
    Wade
    Kade

Emma
    Haylee
    Lenora
    Ambera
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love the name Elliott for a boy OR a girl (for some reason I think I wouldn't double the consonants if it was a girl, though-- like as in T.S.). I also love the names Ragan and Riley for either.

Elizabeth never goes out of style (...and it seems like with everyone busy naming their daughters Harper and Sophia lately there might be a shortage!). I've always loved Elaine and Lily, too. If I ever have a daughter I'll name her Luellen (and probably call her Lulu).

James, Jonathan, Patrick, and Michael are some favourite classics for boys.

I like that you're into classic names... I think it's ridiculous when people try to assert their coolness in naming their children! It's usually mean.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Sylvia (only don't call her Syllie) I had a friend named Sylvia and her family pronounced it SIL vya not sil vee ya. Also consider using your own pronunciation (or spelling) for any other name. I always find it interesting when I see someone's name spelled in an unconventional way. Like the other day I met my ex husband's hospice nurse. Her name is Carren. I thought it was Karen until I saw it in writing.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Boys - Garrett, Whitaker, Graham, Rhys, Declan, Henry, Tobias, Arthur, Atticus, Sebastian

Girls- Anneliese, Penelope, Violet, Piper, Madeleine, Isla, Annabelle, Amelie, Bianca, Stella

No offense, but I hate those boy names, very pretentious

None taken.

After all, opinions are like asshoIes... ;)

Yup, and mostly ne1 with those names r as sholes
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Maximus--max
    Ariadne--ari
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad none of my children's names have been mentioned so far.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My 6 month old is Elizabeth, but we call her Ellie for now. That way she has a strong name she can use when she's older.

A lot of these suggestions are wonderful! I'll just add, my husband and I, when deciding on names, mainly thought of names that would look good on a resume. Studies have shown that prospective employers judge an applicant on their first name before anything else, possibly affecting who gets called for an interview. Names that are more traditional usually are recieved better.

That said, I love Julia. I'd recommend for a girl; Charlotte, Alice, Lydia, Claire. For a boy; Nathaniel, Jordan, Alexander, Eric.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I like the name Liam for a boy and I see a lot of ppl choosing that name. It is a bit too popular though.
    I personally like names that are a bit different but not too different.

Analeigh is a nice name for a girl.

I don't want to divulge the names I really like though...lol.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If I ever had a boy I would name him Bruce... because it seems like a strange name for an infant, but would be cute for a kid and adult. :)

Like Bruce Wayne as a kid in Batman Begins :)

I named my son Spencer. Nothing wild but not many other kids with his name around here.

Best names ever: my mom's friends had a son and daughter named Nigel and Nico, respectively.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    rage-comics-worth-it.jpg
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My 6 month old is Elizabeth, but we call her Ellie for now. That way she has a strong name she can use when she's older.

A lot of these suggestions are wonderful! I'll just add, my husband and I, when deciding on names, mainly thought of names that would look good on a resume. Studies have shown that prospective employers judge an applicant on their first name before anything else, possibly affecting who gets called for an interview. Names that are more traditional usually are recieved better.

That said, I love Julia. I'd recommend for a girl; Charlotte, Alice, Lydia, Claire. For a boy; Nathaniel, Jordan, Alexander, Eric.

Very well said, for boys o like names that could fit as a linebacker or doctor lol
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    just avoid all the "-en" names that are so friggin' popular right now. My daughters (Fiona and Hazel) have a million classmates with these stupid names.

Haden, Brayden, Jayden, Rayden, Kaylen, Maylen, Laken, Shanken, Baken

the lameness is epic.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Aaron.

My daughters' names are Casey, Allison, and Bailey.

So I'm sort of partial to those names! :D