Ladies - Sports bras??

Options

Replies

• Lovely_Doll
    Lovely_Doll Posts: 72
    Options
    I use sports bras that I buy from Victoria's Secret, they're the only ones that make me feel comfortable. I'm actually wearing my favorite one in my profile pic. :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I wear the Isis Bra from www.mec.ca

5020482t_v1_m56577569831039581.jpg

Excellent support, breathable, and no uniboob!
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my sports bra its an all in one thing (i mean it goes over your head instead of fastening somewhere) and it was dead cheap, made my a company called Champion. At the time they were the only ones who made sports bras big enough, now i am losing i continue to buy their stuff
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have a danskin one I got at Walmart... It actually has cups in it, and the front is shaped more like a "real" bra, but still has the racer back to it. By far my favorite, I don't need the "real" bra under it, and I don't have to wear two sports bras, and still get the same support. I went back and bought 3 more after the first workout in it....

Here's the link to Walmart's site... it's the Danskin Now Core strength push up foam sports bra... :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Core-Strength-Push-Up-Foam-Sport-Bra/17480241
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    :huh: bit confused, that's like saying you don't want your car to roll. it's doing it's job to compress if it is a bit flat. so, IDK, love my ENELL, they do have a lighter compression version of that brand though
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Athleta (athleta.com) or lululemon.com have great selections that are not all compression-style.

^^^^^ THIS!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I also where a regular bra under my sports bra!
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Under armour has really good bras no matter what your size that offer great support
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Champion! I tried like 4 different kinds of them and about 10 different brand names (lulu, moving comfort, under armor, triumph, sportsteck, nike, lasenza, wonderbra, walmart sears and winners brands) and found one of the champion ones to be the best for working and no squish factor. From the online reviews lynx seemed best but I didnt want to order online unless I knew it fit.

I put a similar thread up when I was trying to find a bra. I found some of them were neat, and better then really crapola bras, so watch out for good reviews. You might get a lot for x and try it on thinking sure this is no better then my y. Shape has a lot to do with it also. Someone whos a 30a is going to have a different opinion then a 36dd. Thats why I like the idea of the lynx bras...they have a website...the sizing is different and depend on how much you "stick out" not cup shape. If anyone has tried them let me know
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/underwear/sports-bras

pricey, but it's where I got the best sports bra I've ever owned (36D)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort.

^^^ this!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    LOL. I always thought flattening your boobs was the whole point of wearing a sports bra. But then, I wear mine under a shirt that 3 times too big so nobody would see my boobs anyway.
    ^this. if you're trying to look good during a workout, your focus is in the wrong place.

^^ Amen. If you still look cute at the end of your workout, you didn't work out hard enough. I look like the scourge of death while working out so that I can look cute in other areas of my life.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I bought Nike and Under Armour sports bras from Di*ks store. Even on clearance they were $25. Very good though, comfy and hold up well over time and being constantly washed.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Im a DD, so having underwire is an absolute must for me. I found the best sports bra ever at a Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale. It flattens me a litte, but not too bad, but offers great suppot and is breathable. They may be on the expensive side, but a good sports bra is worth the investment.
  • MrsTato
    MrsTato Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why should anyone settle for an uncomfortable bra (or shoes or pants for that matter?)? Because someone buys nice-looking shoes or athletic apparel, does that mean they don't want a good workout? I disagree.

Actually, the problem is that I have a large chest and when it's flattened out, my boobs end up under my armpits. Not only is it unflattering, it's uncomfortable! There's nothing wrong with wanting a little more support in that area! And if it's more flattering, then all the better! Why settle for a bra (or pants or shirt or shoes) that makes you feel uncomfortable? When I'm comfortable and confident, I believe I have a better workout!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Why should anyone settle for an uncomfortable bra (or shoes or pants for that matter?)? Because someone buys nice-looking shoes or athletic apparel, does that mean they don't want a good workout? I disagree.

Actually, the problem is that I have a large chest and when it's flattened out, my boobs end up under my armpits. Not only is it unflattering, it's uncomfortable! There's nothing wrong with wanting a little more support in that area! And if it's more flattering, then all the better! Why settle for a bra (or pants or shirt or shoes) that makes you feel uncomfortable? When I'm comfortable and confident, I believe I have a better workout!

If you are larger chested like me, then an underwire is definitely the way to go. Not only will it help your shape, but it will keep from squishing you into your pits. lol. I am a DDD, so I have the same problem. Plus, with this bra, if I try to do crunches, I'm not choking on my chest.

I think it's a Moving Comfort Bra
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I have a danskin one I got at Walmart... It actually has cups in it, and the front is shaped more like a "real" bra, but still has the racer back to it. By far my favorite, I don't need the "real" bra under it, and I don't have to wear two sports bras, and still get the same support. I went back and bought 3 more after the first workout in it....

Here's the link to Walmart's site... it's the Danskin Now Core strength push up foam sports bra... :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Core-Strength-Push-Up-Foam-Sport-Bra/17480241
    thanks for the link..I've been having a hard time finding a good one..most come without the padding
  • kbusse
    kbusse Posts: 12
    Options
    Under armour has really good bras no matter what your size that offer great support

I totally agree, although they can be pricey my UA bras last for years!! I wore the same 4 for games through my entire college career!
  • PinkShoe24
    PinkShoe24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a lulu one and it stretched out and lost shape over time so I've switched to Champion or Sportex - both good brands, excellent support, and won't break the bank. They also come in a variety of colours and styles...