Charcoal...i hate gas grills.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I like both!! :)
  • elorei
    elorei Posts: 6
    Options
    I loved charcoal for a while, til I got this all infrared gas one that gets up to stupid levels of heat. Now I am all about the propane.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Nothing better than the taste of a charcoal grilled steak... or shrimp, or chicken, or game hen, or pork chop, or corn on the cob, or veggies in the grill basket, or lamb chop, or hamburger ... you get the idea!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I do gas for quick & easy.

JM
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    My HOA does not allow charcoal or any type of wood burning smoker...so gas it is! I really like my gas grill, I use it the entire summer. It's quick and easy to start cooking without the hassel and waste of charcoal and lighter fluid if you aren't cooking a lot of stuff.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband is a charcoal man, and that's the way I was raised, as well.

There's something primal about the flavor charcoal gives to food. Yum.

Those grills only ever get better with time.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Charcoal all the way.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    Charcoal......without question, there's nothing like it! :tongue:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    currently gas but would love to get back to charcoal when the kids get older and I have time.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I have a Weber classic and the little Smokey Joe, both used w/ charcoal.

I'm not anti-gas though - a burger is burger regardless! :laugh: :wink:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    We've got a Weber charcoal with a propane starter to get the coals lit -- still not as fast as gas, obviously but it's pretty quick and easy. We love it.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We are often under burn bans here so gas it is for us although I love the flavor of charcoal, I do soak wood chips on occasion and use them on the gas grill. As far as just using the stove inside instead of gas, well I have an electric stove and oven so that's not working the same way, plus if it's 100 degrees and I am paying to cool my house, I am not heating it up by cooking inside!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 foot long 3 in 1. Gas, charcoal, and smoker. I can do all three at once if I want.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Coal. Not charcoal but actual coal

:sick: No thanks. That's just asking for trouble.

I know in US Coal isn't used but always been curious as to why? Grew up using coal and you can tell the taste difference

Coal = anthracite (used for heating homes, and used in power plants)
    Charcoal = burnt wood (used for grilling)

Are you seriously telling us that you use the mineral anthracite in your grill, actual coal and not charcoal? They look quite similar, but they are very different things.

I don't know what anthracite is however most of the world uses pure coal for grilling, me included.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 foot long 3 in 1. Gas, charcoal, and smoker. I can do all three at once if I want.

Ok now you are just bragging! We need to organize an Okie cook out at your place then!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    CHARCOAL
  • Lassoo
    Lassoo Posts: 20
    Options
    Food should never be convienent. That's why sites like this exist. Charcoal every time!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Charcoal.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Gas for things like chicken and fish...coal for any beef.....totally depends on what is being cooked...and yes I have both...lol just small ones though. :)