A heavy weight lifter in street clothes...

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! For you

Im pressing 110....squatting 150.....Deadlifting 175 currently

Im so bulky huh....:noway:

Thanks for the post :flowerforyou:

Damn it. Someone who can lift more than me. And you're probably shorter than I am. Get out of my post!

Kidding. You look great too. Again NOT masculine.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    wow! You look awesome and i am impressed with you strength! now i wanna know what you look like in a swim suit!

Psst: there are some in my profile pictures.

I thought about that after posting hehe...you look amazing both in street clothes and a bikini...maybe I need to start lifting a little more :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'll arm wrestle you for a verdict . . .
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, not bulky at all.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And thanks for posting the pics, I wish more women see them and stop being scared of lifting heavy.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    SO love these threads!!

Awesome work Rae!!
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You look great, very sleek and just beautiful. I am kicking myself in the head right now because my copy of "new rules" is coming from America. It should be here next week, but I ordered it mid April. :sad:
  • Rae6503
    Options
    You have that James bond girl kind of look. One of the villainesses. The, I'm going to crush your skull with my legs, then go powder my nose.

This is my favorite!

LOL. Yes, this one is great. Thank you.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Same here Rachel. I deadlift 220, squat 165, clean 130, and snatch 95. I don't think I look masculine or bulky at all!

206d6pi.jpg
    5notoh.jpg

well, and I suck at uploading apparently, so sorry they are sideways.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    You look great, Rae.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    No.

But I have seen other women who do. It's all about body composition and how much testosterone you have. Some women do bulk up in a way I would not want to. It's tough to know what your personal result will be until you do it and it's scary for some women.

Except I do gain muscle easier than a lot of women. When I lifted in college I annoyed my lifting partner because she was stronger but my biceps were bigger and more defined. I went on a "bulk" over the winter. I ate 3000 calories for 4 months in an effort to gain muscle. "They" say that women who do everything right to gain muscle should only be able to gain a pound of muscle a month. I'm pretty sure I gained more than that (I gained 10lbs total, and am pretty sure 6 of that was NOT fat). My flexed biceps are 12.5in big, my quads are 20", my hips and *kitten* 40".

The difference is not building muscle easily, the difference between "bulky" and "lean" is body fat percentage.

Are you saying the bulkier women have more fat or less? I'm talking about women who have very little body fat and a LOT of muscle definition. Not everyone has those results, but some do and I think that's what a lot of women are afraid of having happen.

Personally, it's not the look I want. I like your results and is what I'm hoping for.
    The women you are talking about are on steroids, and train for years to look like that. It isn't a natural look, or a way you can end up looking by accident.

Agreed! And even if there are a few women who get bulky, and I'm not convinced of that to any large degree, why does the 2% always have to referenced as opposed to the 98% for whom there is not any getting bulky?? The exception always comes up as evidenced by this topic not getting through the first page before it did! For the vast majority of women AND MEN gaining bulk requires dedication and work. It doesn't just happen by accident as tiger said.

To Rae, Now that's what I'm talking about girl!! Great work! You look marvelous!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    DAMN! you look amazing!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    damn... fantastic :noway:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'll be back in about 3 minutes.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and HEALTHY AND FIT!! All women should strive for this look.
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Same here Rachel. I deadlift 220, squat 165, clean 130, and snatch 95. I don't think I look masculine or bulky at all!

206d6pi.jpg
    5notoh.jpg

well, and I suck at uploading apparently, so sorry they are sideways.

Lost for words :-)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm either going to lay down sideways or tip my monitor over. srs.

206d6pi.jpg
    5notoh.jpg
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    rae you look awesome :) keep on motivating girl.
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    No, but I feel comparatively weak :(
    same here, you look great, no masculine at all
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Maggie you look great too! Love both those dresses, even if they are sideways.