What's your favorite tea?

Options

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Occasionally drink green tea, but grew up drinking yerba mate (either in teabags or loose).

Kind of annoyed the stuff I have always drank became so fad-tastic in the US; attributed to tribes in the rainforest blah blah blah, lets ignore that everyone and their mother in Paraguay, Argentina, Uruguay etc has drank mate all day erry day forever.
    Hey Chris! where are you from? I'm from Argentina, and also grew up drinking mate. Unfortunately, after a few years of abstinence (because of living abroad) it now gives me heartburn!

I like jazmin tea and loved the lipton forest fruits that I used to drink in France. I tried the same one here in the US and yuck! it tastes and smells like fish.

American but lived in Buenos Aires for six years, have family in Argentina and Paraguay still but haven't been back in years. I got into the habit of drinking it cold style (Terere) spending some hot *kitten* Decembers in Asuncion with family, but prefer it hot when in the office.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I love both (Chai and peppermind) as long as they are decaf (can't tolerate caffeine). I also love Arizona Diet Green tea with ginger! Yummy (decaf also). I drink that cold:) I love most types of tea. I found a good chocolate flavored decaf tea too... love that for when I am craving sweets along with the Chai
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I of course love green, but Trader Joe's also has a really good white pear ginger I like. Chai tea lattes are my guilt pleasure as well.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Zen Tazo tea from Starbucks.......but I'm trying to expand my tea-drinking experience
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i love ALL tea, and drink close to 8 cups of it a day. starbucks (where i work) has some amazzzzzing ones your can buy in a tin. cinnamon one is great.
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    pg tips
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Japanese green tea or earl grey are my fav but the good old Lipton is a great stand by
  • alexandrahrah
    Options
    oh god I am a tea NUT,

I currently love bulk barn's Pomegranate Lavender Green tea, also Blueberry White tea is great too

my old time favourite is of course Tetley orange pekoe but for my earl grey cravings I love Cream of Earl Grey from David's Tea.

also from David's Tea "Three Lemon Green" makes some AMAZING home brewed iced tea with a little bit of splenda or stevia.

I went to a cute tea shop a week or two ago and tried a mix they had made called "Alice's Curioser Concoction" - from my guess it involved chamomile, lemon, dandelion and something else I couldn't really place. it was delicious!
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am a tea obsessive. I have at least 35 varieties of loose-leaf tea in my stash.

My all-time favourites are "Chocolate Cake" and "Read My Lips", both from David'sTea. Chocolate flavour + zero calories = a win in my books! :)

OOOO I'm so going to have to order some of these!! There is a David's Tea in NYC!! Next time I go to the city I'm gonna have to go there!!
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Taso-Passion fruit. The ONLY tea I drink..it tastes like fruit punch when you add a little stevia in it.:bigsmile:
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I of course love green, but Trader Joe's also has a really good white pear ginger I like. Chai tea lattes are my guilt pleasure as well.

I'm drinking the White Pear Ginger as I type this!!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Zhena's Gypsy Tea ... " Coconut Chai " ... Black Tea. ~

But ... I am a " Tea Connoisseur " ... currently I have 27 different teas in my " Tea Cabinet " ! I use a 24oz cup and try to conjure up my own concoctions !

I love the " Wellness Line " at Whole Foods ... I drink the " Get Gorgeous " every day almost and have tried several of the others. I do love Teavana's " MAHARAJA CHAI OOLONG TEA " and " MONKEY PICKED OOLONG TEA " !!! Good stuff there !

When traveling I often stop in small dainty tea shoppes ... looking for something exotic to try ... it is a passion of mine, as well imported honey !

Now add a good " Manuka Honey " to an exotic tea blend .... delish !

Hmmmm ... now I want a cup of tea ! :drinker:
  • hbaby08
    hbaby08 Posts: 75
    Options
    :drinker: I like black and green. but with some of these tea websites posted in the replys, i might be broadening my flavors
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Good Earth original. I also like peppermint and spearmint tea. The spearmint and peppermint tea I use some splenda with the good earth is sweet on its own. It is a great way to get more fluids in. à¿à
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Regular Lipton Iced tea with lots of sugar, but since I don't drink calories now, I sweetened it with Splenda. Southern girl who loves her sweet tea, but no longer loves her body she got from the sugar :laugh:

Hot tea I loved Chai Coconut tea but I can't remember the brand
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Zen Tazo tea from Starbucks.......but I'm trying to expand my tea-drinking experience

I love the Tazo passion lemonade tea from Starbucks but it is seasonal here :sad: ......but that season will be here soon :happy: I add 2 splenda to the large and it is the perfect blend of sweetness and tartness yum.....makes me want to go to Starbucks. Can't wait until they get it here again. I did get to have some on my vacation to San Francisco last week though.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    jasmine green tea and earl grey! i love the classic flavors

YES YES!!! I love the Stash double bergamot earl grey. I also like many kinds of herbal teas, my favorite when I'm not feeling well is Celestial seasonings Sleepy Time
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My current favourites are Lemon & Ginger, Cherry & Cinnamon, and Licorice. I think I'm generally a sugar and spice girl!
  • smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Kombucha.
  • Squeeee
    Squeeee Posts: 71
    Options
    I love chai tea :heart: I like it sweet with milk, though, so I've cut back on that.
    Someone recently gave me a large box of Bigelow Green Tea, so I've been drinking that plain every day.