Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You are not too fat to be here. I'm going to be your healthy cheerleader. You can do this. Baby steps and patience is the key.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I started on this site about 40 days ago, I was 404 and as of today I am 380. I know how you feel, though. Of all my friends on this site I have by far the most to lose, but they are still so sweet and supportive of me. Feel free to add me and we can support each other on our similar journeys.

People like you are incredible. I started at 218, and I struggled getting moving or walking around. I can't imagine doing that at 400+ lbs. My hat is off to you and the OP and the many others on here who are making this huge and scary change and being up for the challenge.

I am in awe of you guys. Don't give up. :smile:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! This is the best place to be to lose weight. If you want to add me as a friend go right ahead!!!
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    You are in the right place... Everyone here has been supportive. You will meet some wonderful people. Good Luck on your Journey.
  • buckeyes502
    buckeyes502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started at 455. You can do it!!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Honey, it take great bravery to admit your weight and begin this journey. I had a hard time at 255lbs. Just starting and wanting to be more healthy is a great start. I have found most people in this site to be very supportive. My best advice for anyone is below:

Drink water...especially is drinking more water means cutting out soda, sweet tea and high calorie juice

Replace precessed snacks with fruits and veggies Berries are lower sugar fruit choices

Move a little more each day even if it's to laps to your mailbox and back on day one and 3 laps on day two.

Keep a positive attitude.

You didn't really ask for advice but I hope you take it with its good intentions. Best of luck to you. I hope you find a supportive home here.ffeel free to add me if you like :)
  • lisavanbeck
    lisavanbeck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a mom, it's hard to put yourself first. We are so used to taking care of everyone else that so often we neglect ourselves. I really believe that making the decision to make my health and fitness a top priority has made me a better mother. By taking control of your health you will also be teaching your children some very valuable lessons.
  • Brandie_Grimm
    Brandie_Grimm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started on this website myself and it seems like this place can do wonders!

You can do this!!

Crossing my fingers for you and I and everyone else on here!

Would love to chat or be a friend to you! :)
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...Feel free to add me if you want some encouragement, watching all my friends reach their goals well, it keeps me motivated too!
  • chikiti
    chikiti Posts: 7
    Options
    You can add me for sure!! we can all use supportive friends, and more motivation from everyone!! weight loss for anyone is difficult, but you can do it!! feel free to add me :drinker:
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    People here as you can see are supportive, and kind, you can do this! They are here for you i am here for you. Dont give up, if there is a bad day keep going it is going to ahppen. Remember it isnt going to come off over night but i promise you will see a difference in as little as a month if you stick to it!! you got this.. you are AWESOME.

So nice to meet you!
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyone pretty much said it all. Take small steps. It took a while to gain it, just think about right now. The simplest thing to do....eat less, move more. There were some great suggestions on working out with your injuries....just keep going forward. Track your food, track your movement. Walking just a short distance. Start for 10 minutes and add a little every day. You can do this :)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Well hun you are at the right place. This site is so amazing. Everyone is so supportive and fun. Feel free to add me if you want some encouragement. I love new friends and watching all my friends reach their goals it keeps me motivated,

well said:bigsmile:
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • DaBaroness
    DaBaroness Posts: 12
    Options
    Sweetie I'll tell you what! Ain't no such thing as past help! So no you are not too fat!:happy: Thats the beauty of this lovely place. Now while I may not have the same goals as you in my fitness walk (because that's what this is, not a diet, a lifestyle change to fitness) I can tell you that support is the best way to meet those goals. I am going to add you because I love to watch people progress into this new life!:heart:
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!! You are absoluely in the right place!!! You will receive so much encouragement! Please free to add me, and don't hesitate to ask anyone questions!! NO question is a dumb question!! Here's to a healthier version of yourself!!
  • mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maria~The first step is just being here!! Stick around...you will have all the support that you need! Add me if you want to! ~Denise
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    The fact you are here shows that type of DETERMINATION you really and truly have! Add me if you need some support (I am a very active user!!!) - I am always here for support and LOVE to cook, so I frequently post tasty new recipes that keep the taste buds happy and the belly full!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    No way! You can do this! Start with small goals and remember to be kind to yourself. It won't be easy but you will find the support here that you will need. Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You are definately in the right place. MFP is for people looking to seriously lose weight in a healthy manner without making excuses and giving up. You will be amazed in 6 months on how far you've come if you stick to a goal plan and we will all be here to cheer you on! Good Luck!:happy: