MFP Spitfires Cycling Club Week 10!!!

Options
Hey everyone!!! Week 10!!! Can you beleive it? Great job to everyone who's still sticking around. And for those we haven't seen in a while, hope all is well and that you're still achieving your weight loss goals :happy: :happy:

Checking in:
Last week's goal 125m
Actual 132m

I pledge 65m this week. Slowing down now that I've achieved my summer mileage goal and I want to concentrate on more strength training. Good luck, everyone!!! :drinker:

Replies

• dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    I already posted results in the last thread. I am shooting for another 100 miles this week.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    goal 64 actual 33
    I was sick.

no pledge this week having a procedure.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    goal 64 actual 33
    I was sick.

Good luck with your procedure and get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey spitfires!

Thanks for keeping things going skywalker. I've been a busy boy. Sorry I havnt been around at all. But I think in the cycling world I am more than happy to follow skywalker. lol

I'm pledging 50 miles this week. And I am wishing I had a new bike. lol

:drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options

I ended up sneaking in a 32 mile ride this week.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm just back from my holiday, and i cycled 101.6 miles in 5 days it was fantastic.
    The people i went with taught me how to use my gears properly and i actually managed to cycle up hills :noway: lol

Hope everyone is well

Jax
  • skywalker
    Options
    WOW, Jax!!! That's incredible!!! Good for you!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Well, my week is over. At the beginning of the day today I had 99.72 miles for the week, and it was raining. It rained until just a couple of hours ago, so I grabbed the bike and went for my standard recreational ride, putting me at 115.65 miles for the week.

So, I made my 100 ;)
  • skywalker
    Options
    Looks like everyone's had a great week! :happy: I've decided not to start a new thread for our new week since there are so few posts :frown: and those of us who are still hanging around are already checking in, but I will announce that we are now starting Week 11!! :drinker:
    Checking in...

Last week's pledge 65m
    Actual 92.4

I pledge 65m again. Have a good week, everyone!!! :drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Pledge 0
    Actual 57
    Doesn't obey drs orders well:)

This week pledge 75 if its not too terribly dark on the commute.
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'm not believing my calorie burn from my Garmin and maybe not even this site for cycling. I'm just curious what an hour burn looks like for the rest of you? My garmin and my husbands garmin were so different. We went ridding for about 3 1/2 hours and his said 4000ish mine said 7000ish. We did some hills and were averaging about 15-16mph.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I log a ride like that at just under 3000 calories and that's what I've found on this site and webmd. There are a lot of factors though. Heart rate monitor is your best bet to be sure, but 7000 or even 4000 calories in only 3 1/2 hours sounds really high. :smile:
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Well, my week is over. I ended up at 121 miles for this week, and I was on vacation. How cool is that? Back to the regular grind next week, commuting again. I must admit, the miles this week were more interesting than a normal week. I went somewhere different every day.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello ...
    I only managed 30 miles this week as i have been away since Friday without the bike.

Did manage some body boarding and walked my socks off on the cliff paths in Cornwall... what a fantastic weekend, the sun came out for the first time this summer :happy:

I pledge 40 miles next week .

Happy cycling everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey spitfires,

Looks like the ride is going well. Well I am going to try to get actively involved again. Work had me spinning these last few weeks but things should be slowing down. Unfortunately I can only pledge 0 miles this week as I don't have a bike. lol The bad news is I sold my hybrid. The good news is I sold it because I am picking up by Triathlon bike at the end of the week! Woohoo. Not that I didnt like my trek, but the thing was not built for triathlon and in a race it was easy to see why. lol. Well I after doing all my research (and mind you the budget is small) I decieded that I wanted a Felt 32s. But I wanted used because the 2008 and 2007 came with better components than the newer one. Well its not an easy bike to find. I have been searching for weeks. Well on a whim I walked into a local bike shop near one of the stores I work in and there.....as though sent by god was a beautiful felt 32s staring me right in the face. The bike shop had just gotten it in and hadnt even decieded how much they wanted for it. The bike is in great condition and happens to be the perfect frame size for me. It took some negotiating but I got them to settle on a price below 600.00. Which is a rediculous deal. This bike shop is more of a "Family" shop and doesnt really sell higher end bikes so while the owner knows what an s32 should go for he didnt realize that the saddle and aerobars were upgrades from the stock parts. And to top it off he is giving me the bike computer that's on it. I am just plain giddy. Can't wait to pledge some miles next week!. It's not the most expensive bike in the world but it reviews well for a bike in the 1200.00-1500.00 dollar price range.
    basic specs:

Frame FELT Tri Specific Custom Butted Super-light 7005 Aluminum
    Fork Felt Airfoil Carbon Fiber Bladed
    Headset Cane Creek type 1"" Integrated
    Seatpost FELT 3.3 6061 Aluminum with Dual Position
    Front Derailleur Shimano 105
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra 6600
    Crankset FSA Gossamer PRO MegaExo
    Bottom Bracket FSA Mega EXO
    Brake Calipers Dual Pivot w/Cartridge Pads
    Bar End Shifters Shimano Dura-Ace 7800
    Cassette Shimano 10s 11x23
    Chain Shimano 10s
    Wheels Shimano R500
    Aerobar Extensions Profile Design Aerolite
    Aerobar Basebar Cowhorn Basebar
    Brake Levers Tektro RX4.1
    Stem FELT 3.3 3D Forged 6061 Aluminum
    Saddle FELT 3.3 Tri/TT
    Tires Vittoria Rubino PRO Slick
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hello. Checking in....

Last week's pledge... 65m
    Actual... 71m

Again, I'm not going to start a new thread, but will announce that we've hit Week 12!!!!
    :drinker: :happy: :drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    pledge 75
    actual 106

new pledge 75

SW- kudos!

SG-cool on the new tribike!

go Jax!

dl-sweet on the vacation mileage!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Just realized that I never gave my pledge for the week...:laugh:

I pledge 65 miles again :happy:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Don't see I'll have an opportunity for a weekend ride so I'll post now:

Pledge: 75
    actual: 108

New Pledge: 75
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Well, my week is done. I didn't ride home on Friday because I needed to drive my uncle home from a medical procedure, so that lack of 12 miles almost put me under my goal. That notwithstanding, I pulled in 103 miles, so I made it.

I also see the work around my bridge starting, so I may have a lot more miles in the near future. For now though, I am keeping the pledge at 100.