...Can a hookup turn into something more?

Options
2»

Replies

• byronguy74
    byronguy74 Posts: 45
    Options
    well I hope asking a large group of stramgers who cant even agree on diet soda will help.

LOVE IT!

But, to answer the OP - yes it can lead to more. There have already been a few people say that their hook ups lead to more, relationships do have to start somewhere and they do not all start with a few traditional dates. Since any relationship takes two people to work you have to make sure this is what you want as well. If you are good with the occasional hook up and would be satisfied if it did not grow into something else stick with that. Do not force yourself into something that you do not want just because someone else wants it.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Well you two obviously have some chemistry and seem to enjoy hooking up with each other. What's the problem, you don't think he'll be attractive in the daylight?
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who would have given ya go instead of talking... he's into you. The late night chats and wanting to go out... either you except it or not... it's now turned into something more for him.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Secret_Agent_007 Posts: 1,082
    Options
    He likes you. Now figure out if you like him. If you do go be happy.

^^^ This. If he didn't, you can bet he'd never suggest seeing you during the day.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Hook ups happen because there is a mutual attraction. If they become repeat hook ups, it's because the sex is outstanding. The basis of any good relationship that stands the test of time is awesome sex. So, it makes a lot of sense that sometimes hook ups become real relationships.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.
    So all you strangers have got me thinking.
    And I have come to a conclusion!

I need to....talk to him. :P
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hehe

Just hang out with him.

It doesn't have to mean anything or become anything. Just see it as a way to pass time. Then, whatever happens, happens.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't find anything strange about it. I can't imagine being with a person intimately and not ever wanting to have at least a bit of a connection on a more than physical level. The long talk would seem to indicate that it isn't just about hooking up more frequently.

Just my opinion.

Exactly.

Plus, the whole "hooking up" things happens typically b/c one or both people are genuinely attracted to the other - not just out of pure horniness.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Hmmmm.
    So all you strangers have got me thinking.
    And I have come to a conclusion!

I need to....talk to him. :P

Good luck. I think it's healthy to honour your feelings, even if they can't be stated logically or explained coherently.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    There's a saying, "Why buy the cow, when the milk is free"

Sometimes, the milk is just that tasty!

And occasionally you might want to make cheese.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend and I started dating from what was supposed to be a one night stand hahah. We were together for over 5 years (but then he moved to Africa, and that's a little too long distance for me!)

Hey, at least we knew the sex was good right from the start!