Started at 615, and have lurked awhile! Time to say hello!!

Options

Replies

• alina726
    alina726 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with us! Good luck and congratulations on your amazing loss so far! keep up the GREAT work!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have always been heavy all my life. I weighed in the 200s in middle school, 300s in high school, and lost track until I found a way to weigh myself at age 27 and weighed in at 615 lbs. That was in October 2011 and since then I have been dieting! In addition starting in early April I have been going to the gym every other day doing weight training and cardio!

I think I was lucky to be able to still get around well enough at my high weight, every example I have seen of people at my weight have pretty much been bed ridden!

I have lost 84 lbs. so far but I still have a long way to go! Good luck to the rest of you on your journey!

Good job man! keep at it! I'll be looking forward to hearing your story!
  • Mrssb1002
    Mrssb1002 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well done, you should be really proud of yourself :)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Nice job - thanks for introducing yourself to us! :flowerforyou:
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    That is so awesome the changes you have already made in your life keep it up. I wish you nothing but happiness in your journey. Fell free to add me for support if needed. have an awesome life:smile:
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Welcome and all the best throughout your journey!

MFP is filled with supporters, so do not be afraid to reach out!!!
  • JEDIMASTER1
    JEDIMASTER1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job! Keep going, and don't give up. You are amazing and be proud of yourself for taking charge of your life and your health.
  • family_girl2626
    Options
    Fabulous job!!! Keep up the great work.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    the longest journey begins with a single step..... well done on taking that step
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    So glad that you finally stopped lurking so people can support you! I have found this place nearly overflowing with support...great, great start!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Welcome...it's always nice to see a fellow Hoosier! I know it seems like you have a long way to go, but setting small goals helps. It is probably overstated here, but we didn't gain it overnight and we're not going to lose it overnight. Proud of you for realizing the problem and working to fix it!
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congrats of the loss so far. Appreciate every pound. And never quit. LOL! That is what I tell myself every day...thought I would share it with you too.
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great start on your loss and welcome! You will find lots of support here as well as a lot of humour :smile:
  • charitygracejohnson
    Options
    So happy you have started! Great job so far, celebrate every pound you loose by being proud of yourself. Welcome to MFP and hello:smile:
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello and great job on grabbing your lifes wheel and steering yourself in the right direction and onto the right path! :)
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome and well done on your progress thus far! I wish you the best for the road ahead. Keep up your efforts and don't get disheartened - you are on the way of becoming a better healthier and happier person!
  • elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello and great job on grabbing your lifes wheel and steering yourself in the right direction and onto the right path! :)

LOVE the shoes! Sorry, just had to hijack the thread for a moment....
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ive got over 200 lbs to lose to man feel free to add me, sounds like your kickin *kitten* and takin names so far! keep it up