Started at 615, and have lurked awhile! Time to say hello!!

Options

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You really are driven, I've talked with people who are only like 250lbs and want surgery!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    WOW, you doing GREAT...Keep pushing YOU CAN DO IT
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome, You should be very proud of yourself. Keep it up and stay in touch
  • GodbeyC
    GodbeyC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats on all you have done so far and all you will do down the line! :happy:
  • majik0516
    majik0516 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and good for you taking your weightloss into your own hands. You can do this and if you ever need help you can find all the support/motivation you need here on MFP. Happy logging my friend.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have always been heavy all my life. I weighed in the 200s in middle school, 300s in high school, and lost track until I found a way to weigh myself at age 27 and weighed in at 615 lbs. That was in October 2011 and since then I have been dieting! In addition starting in early April I have been going to the gym every other day doing weight training and cardio!

I think I was lucky to be able to still get around well enough at my high weight, every example I have seen of people at my weight have pretty much been bed ridden!

I have lost 84 lbs. so far but I still have a long way to go! Good luck to the rest of you on your journey!

Keep it going young brotha, we are behind you all the way.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on taking control and making positive changes in your life. You're doing a great job! Stick with it - I look forward to reading your success story! :flowerforyou:
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    Welcome aboard champ. Stay strong.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it going. Slow and steady wins the race and you WILL win it. :) Good job!
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! Keep it up!!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well done! I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals, it's a rough road but you can do it!
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    am sending you a friend request!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great work on your progress so far, you are an inspiration to many. I wish you continued success.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Great job !! keep it up !! Don't give up !!
  • Husky000
    Husky000 Posts: 6
    Options
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww u have dun soooooo well xxxx
  • susieqa6699
    susieqa6699 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The important thing is you started, you have put yourself out there and are willing to make changes. Goodluck, I have only been on MFP since March and I LOVE this website and all the information you can get from it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! We're all here to support each other, so feel free to ask for help/questions! So proud of you for joining us. You can do this, you are not alone.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!! I see too many people just give up!! I'm glad you're taking control of your life and doing what you need to do..... I started at 303.4 - and am currently at 192.2 -- down 111.2lbs. If I can do it - anyone can do it!! :) Best of luck!!
  • Alice_in_Wndrlnd
    Alice_in_Wndrlnd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

Congrats on coming so far already!

If you need MFP friends feel free to add me. I started at 324lbs and am now 302lbs.

Dallanika.
  • shaylo80
    shaylo80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! I congratulate you for taking the steps to do it the healthy way - which is a lot of hard work!!!!!

You motivate me to keep going and try harder - thank you!