May Challenge!!!!

Options

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    How is the 30DS? I've seen some nice before and after pics. Does it have a lot of jumping? I'm tempted to try it, but I have to be careful, I have not advance to that range of motion yet, and the side steps is very little cardio compared to JJs.

I'm waiting for the clock to run down so I can spend some quality time in the gym! I'm so looking forward to it!

I hope I did this quote thing right - MFP technology and I aren't really friends!!! EDIT!!!! Of course, the "quotes" didn't come out. Sorry, Teetee!

There is some jumping in 30DS, right now it's just jumping jacks, but there is a lot of pressure on the knees initially (a lot of bending with weights - that's what you have to look out for). It's worth a try though!

Just had to rub the quotes in, :laugh: , I'll check it out. They used to have it on demand at one time. The bending with weights wouldn't be an issue for me. Thanks.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,127 Member
    Options
    Weeks = Tuesday to Monday. Report your weigh in on Tuesday. This week, you will add cals from May 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 and post it on May 8th.

Okay, thanks!
  • sharpei65
    sharpei65 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    2 days into challenge and so far so good :-)

On track for my mega calorie burn and I've done one of my 'do it twice' things!

And......I've planned tomorrow's calorie burn!!

:-)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i am kind of on the wrong day, but posted last week on the 27th--

My weight went up, but I was expecting that! This is my normal weight....

1- Still want to lose the 2 pounds in May
    2- I did only one weight class this week because of kids school had early closing.
    3- I did a 3 mile walk (yipee)
    4 - I did NOT want to go to my gym class today, but I did and I am SO happy!
    5- I am having lunch with a friend and we are opting for salad!

6 - STAY POSITIVE and realize it is a life-style change, not a diet! I want to be happy AND healthy!

Keep going everyone
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    TGIF, guys!!!!
    Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing.

Here's my update:
    Calorie burn (Tuesday through 12pm Friday) - 2391
    Do something that's good for you 2Xs- 30DS with Jillian
    One new activity - I tried an eliptical that I never tried before (the arms always looked a little weird to me, so I never tried it). It was a good experience. Would I try it again? Maybe in a few weeks.

Can't wait to see what next Tuesday will bring - I'm feeling better already!
  • byrkar
    byrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn: 1214 - a little behind but I'll catch up.
    Something New: Took the stairs (9 flights)
    Something good for me but I don't like: Um.... still working on this one. Here comes the weekend. Although taking the stairs may qualify for this one too.

This is harder than I thought it would be, but I'm not giving up!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for newcomers?
  • sharpei65
    Options
    Calorie burn stands at 1365/2200 but still have 3 days to go, so that should be ok!
    New exercise was gardening yesterday....it certainly burned some cals and I have sore biceps!!
    Something twice that I don't like doing - replace an hour on laptop with an hour cleaning - done one but need to do another

Diary has been completed every day and thanks to the calorie burn, I've been within my cal limit too...so happy!

Just got to stay focused today - Saturday - as its my weakest day of the week generally!!

Good luck all....make it work!!
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Hello to all you challengers!!!!
    It's Sunday night - you have one more day to go for that calorie burn, good choice Xs2 and your new activity.

I already know what my goal is for this upcoming week. Yes, I can burn those big cals in the gym, but I eat like crap for dinner and at night - it totally ruins all the work I did. That needs to stop. I'll post my other goals on Tuesday when we do our check-in for the week.

We've almost completed one full week of May - - - are you where you thought you would be? Is this challenge too easy or hard? Where you at?
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Totally failed at week one. Probably got to 1000 cal burn for the week.

I am starting my new program today and will surely be hitting the burn this week! If I don't... you have permission to punish me ;)
  • sharpei65
    Options
    I've had a great week! Now thinking ahead to this coming week and hoping for another successful one! Are we doing the same thing again?

This has worked for me...just right.....aiming to burn loads of cals is definitely the way for me - thanks for the challenge :-)

Kay
  • mosneakers
    Options
    Thanks for the check-in, girls!

Whit - that's why tomorrow starts a new week. Look at this week as a way of seeing where you were at. Even though you didn't hit the calorie burn, did you do a new activity or make a healthy choice twice this week? Either one of those are huge accomplishments too!!!

Sharp - Great job! Same thing this week, you can adjust your calorie burn goal (up it, NOT decrease it :wink: ) if you want. Also, we're still doing a new activity and healthy choice Xs 2 this week, but come up with some new things.

As for everyone else, the clock is ticking!!! Tick - Tick - - Tick. Can't wait to read all about it tomorrow!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I will try to join in...
    What your goals are for the month: For May 6-11th: Eat clean foods! Do not BInge(overeat)

How you will be measuring: Track on MFP calories consumed. Use food scale.
    What your motivators are: Feeling in control of my eating and not fat from eating the wrong foods
    What your biggest weakness are : Sugar, fast foods, Crunchy foods, Chocolate. Peanut butter.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm a late joiner, and if it's okay, will be starting tomorrow.

My goal is to lose 3 pounds by the end of the month
    I will be using my scale (and I have a new, more accurate one coming in)
    My motivation is wanting to feel better in my clothes, not wanting to feel fat and bloated all the time, and my friends on here are great!!
    It's hard to pick my biggest weakness because I have a lot. I guess I'll go with chocolate/nutella

14877786.png
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,127 Member
    Options
    Okay, the first week is over, and here is my report :-)

The calorie burn was okay: 2813/2500, so I was even slightly over my goal (yeah!)
    Usually I am walking to do my exercise, this week I tried some elliptical training as well - I still prefer walking, since it is not so boring and you are outside, but for rainy days the elliptical works fine.
    For doing healthy things I don't like - I got rid of all the weeds on my balcony (they grow in the cracks between the concrete slabs and you have to scrape really deep to get all of the roots). Since it took me two days, it counts as twice ;-)

Nevertheless, I am a bit disappointed, because I lost not even a pound, although I stayed in my calorie allowance with some to spare, on each day.

But okay, next week will be better, I hope.

Goals for the next week: I will take the stairs at work (for something healthy I don't especially like), and i will try the 30 day Shred for new exercises (I just got the DVD). perhaps I'll continue doing some elliptical training, it depends on the weather...
  • jglenn51
    jglenn51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this site but not to weight loss struggles. I'm in for the May challenge starting on May 6, the day I signed up here.

My biggest weaknesses are eating at night and binge eating in response to stress.

My goal is to exercise for at least 30 min. 6 days per week and to lose 6 lbs by the end of May. I will be using my scale but have been too afraid to get on it so I won't be doing my first weigh in until Thursday.

My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs-I've gained 40 lbs over the past 3 years and I just don't feel as good as I know that I can.

Instead of trying to cut out all treats I'm trying to work it so that I have 250 calories for a snack at night. We'll see how this goes! I'm trying to wean off weight watchers, which is a good program but very expensive.

Nice to be here and read everyone's posts!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    The week was a mix for me. Burned 4000 calories, so that was a success.
    Ran on the beach and ran barefoot - two new things (sort of - I run, but not on sand).

I cannot seem to lose weight - to clarify, I can't stop mysefl from eating junk sometimes. I definitely want to lose these extra pounds (now 7 after last week!).

This week I am going to try kettleballs, and start swimming again! Yeah!

Feeling discouraged.
  • mosneakers
    Options
    This was a tough week - but it's not called a challenge for nothing!

I was disappointed when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a .8lbs gain, but I know it was my own fault. Celebration dinners and eating crap at night killed all the work I did in the gym - 4884 calories overall. To some, .8lbs is whatever, but it's a gain - a gain is a gain is a gain, no matter the number.

This week was really the kick in the butt I needed for me to realize that it's balance. I can spend hours in the gym, but that could all be killed by pizza, cake, etc in one sitting. I have to eat right and move, not just move!

This week I am going to strength train as my something new. I can't remember the last time I lifted weigths for more than a few seconds (on Jillian's 30DS).

I plan on not searching for a close parking spot when I go somewhere. First of all, there are other people in this world who actually need to park closer and not just because they're lazy like me! Second of all, it'll help me move more.

This week I am also going to log everything...the good, the bad, the "I know I shouldn't have eaten it but I just couldn't not eat it."
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Sherry's goals are for the month:
    For May 6-11th: Eat clean foods! Do not Binge(overeat)

How you will be measuring: Track on MFP calories consumed. Use food scale.
    May 7th: Didn't really use the food scale but I did track my cal's on MFP. Calories:1320-1375 and grams of Protein 130+ (I target more than 100g per day)

What your motivators are: Feeling in control of my eating and not fat from eating the wrong foods
    May 7th: Felt in control of my eating. Felt really focused on my tasks at hand and not on food. so mentally I would give today a 10++

Other things I want to track:
    May 7: Stress level : 8/10 - Sleep 8/10 (neck issues) -Food 10/10 - Exercise 10/10 WorkoutChest and back) -focus level 9/10
    I didn't feel as focused in my workout, I was concerned with pushing too hard.

Nutrition is 80% of your results...so you can easily undo all your gym work by eating some stuff that's not good foryou.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Sounds like some of you could use some healthy alternatives to your favorite foods....
    ...what type of foods trip you up? I have recipies -- they involve protein poweder though....but they are healthy foods...like making a healthy rice krispy bar..