I LOVE Margaritas and they don't go with DIETS! UGH!

Options
YES I need to diet and YES I need to lose weight and YES I love to sit out on my back porch in the summer and have a Margarita to drink and unwind with my hubby as we go thru our day of telling each other the exciting and NOT so exciting things that happened! I have tried to grab the ice cold glass of water as we sit out back but it's just NOT the same! I drink the low fat mix already but I know this is slowing me down. Its such a hard sacrifice...lol!

So I'm starting again on this Diet thing or as some say life style change whatever it is somewhere I have to find the fine line where margaritas can be apart fo it. Maybe my reward...lol!

I'm 37 yrs old soon to be 38 yrs old (YIKES this weekend) and need to lose about 20 lbs. Worst part I have 2 camping trips coming up and vacation at Disney for a week! Where there will be alcohol served...I mean how do you do Disney without Alcohol and stay sane...lol

Anyways I'm not looking for RUDE people to comment just friendly, fun people looking to have fun and figure this weight loss mystery out with me. Maybe we can exchange recipes, exercise secrets or bounce ideas off each other til we figure this out. I figured if I post I might hold myself more accountable for checking back with this site.

Replies

• RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There's a 95 calorie a serving margarita mix w/ tequila available out there. I cant remember what brand, but I've bought it at target before.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Iced Tea flavored vodka. Mix it with club soda, ice and a twist of lemon and it's just as refreshing as a margarita, without the calories! You can have a cocktail every now and then and not ruin your weight loss plans :)
  • RiseAndConverge
    RiseAndConverge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    oh and maybe a replacement for a more daily drink could be lemon and lime juice mixed with club soda and minimal salt on the rim of the glass.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    YES I need to diet and YES I need to lose weight and YES I love to sit out on my back porch in the summer and have a Margarita to drink and unwind with my hubby as we go thru our day of telling each other the exciting and NOT so exciting things that happened! I have tried to grab the ice cold glass of water as we sit out back but it's just NOT the same! I drink the low fat mix already but I know this is slowing me down. Its such a hard sacrifice...lol!

So I'm starting again on this Diet thing or as some say life style change whatever it is somewhere I have to find the fine line where margaritas can be apart fo it. Maybe my reward...lol!

I'm 37 yrs old soon to be 38 yrs old (YIKES this weekend) and need to lose about 20 lbs. Worst part I have 2 camping trips coming up and vacation at Disney for a week! Where there will be alcohol served...I mean how do you do Disney without Alcohol and stay sane...lol

Anyways I'm not looking for RUDE people to comment just friendly, fun people looking to have fun and figure this weight loss mystery out with me. Maybe we can exchange recipes, exercise secrets or bounce ideas off each other til we figure this out. I figured if I post I might hold myself more accountable for checking back with this site.

Water and unsweet tea. time to cut the alcohol. makes it much easier. Just try it.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/skinny-margarita-358803

it is okay to indulge every once awhile though, too.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    There's a 95 calorie a serving margarita mix w/ tequila available out there. I cant remember what brand, but I've bought it at target before.

CUERVO: 4 oz = 95 calories. add some frozen (or not) strawberries, some ice and blend.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Anyways I'm not looking for RUDE people to comment just friendly, fun people looking to have fun and figure this weight loss mystery out with me.

No mystery here, really. Keep your calories at or under your goal, including the alcohol.

Mixers have a ton of sugar at times, so just be aware of what you're drinking and log it accurately.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I would recommend using the Search feature to search for "margarita" and "alcohol" for some great ideas folks have provided in the past for lower calorie alternatives. There's always Google too.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Skinny Girl Margaritas?
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Tequila and Fresca
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Margaritas are a perfectly decent part of a balanced and healthy food intake. Just about anything is. You just need to drink them in moderation, log them as the calories they are, and plan your exercise and other food intake accordingly.

Disney, if nothing else, involves a lot of walking. They are also pretty good in their restaurants about having healthy choices. Choose healthy, walk vigorously, and you can afford a small margarita or two in the evening.

One thing I like to do with margaritas (and I do so dearly loves me a good 'rita!) is to not refrigerate the mix, measure out a serving of it, put LOTS of cube ice in a glass, and pour the warm 'rita over it. You barely notice the fact that the margarita isn't quite as strong, and a lot less goes a lot further.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try Skinny Girl Margharita - my favorite
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Skinny Girl Margaritas are very good and no artificial sweeteners. I buy it when I am feeling in need and enjoy a glass or two. I believe if you go to the website, there is a recipe for making your own as well.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Make them with real lime juice and the calorie free sweetener of your choice. I prefer fresh juice to mixers any day.
  • LSchatke
    LSchatke Posts: 2
    Options
    There is no such thing as "can't have" in my book. It's just how much will I have and how will I off-set it! After all, how much did you plan on drinking each evening?? :wink:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

^^^^that's what I make, instead of the optional sugar, I use agave nectar
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Tequila and Fresca
    Bingo! Also, gin and Fresca.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Of course you can still have margs. Maybe just not as often as you used to.

Crystal Light has a really yummy margarita flavor. I like it by itself, but it's good with some wine or liquor mixed in too.
  • shibbeymon
    shibbeymon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Skinny Margarita's are the best and are only 100 calories! :love:

What I do is balance out what I do during the day if I plan on having a drink or two in the evening. I park much further away at work so I have to walk 15 minutes to get into my workplace, or I'll spend 10 or 15 minutes going up and down my apt stairs (or workplace) to burn an extra 100 hundred calories.

Just remember that this is a journey and you need to be able to treat yourself, not just deny all your cravings. That way you can keep going till you reach your goals!

19164716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrh1227
    mrh1227 Posts: 37
    Options
    Just remember that psychologically, removing everything you once loved in your diet can cause endorphins to cease to release, which causes stress, which actually prevents weight loss! Feel free to treat yourself to a margarita here and there, just do so moderately, and you'll likely still see the positive results you are seeking. It may be a lifestyle to eat healthy, but for some all that makes a difference is moderation. Too much of anything isn't good for you. Message me if you have any other questions/concerns!