whats proper Etiquette for this place

george29223
george29223 Posts: 556 Member
iam new here and well iam not real sure about certain things lol ive been members of all sorts of message boards hotrod sports 4wd stuff lol all mens places anyway like most things if i got a problem iread read read look look look and solve my problem any hoot as you can see as of right now iam fat as a horse so i spend my time here clicking on everyones profile seeing how they got over weight what they looked like before weight loss and most importantly how they lost weight and i like looking at what yall eat to give me ideas on what to eat ok heres the Etiquette part lol is it ok for a man to reply to women who post weight loss pictures on here and say looking good nice job wow looking good, all lines that would get me fired at work for saying to a woman who lost weight at work it would be considered sexual harrasment by many also what about women that take before and after pictures in there underwear should men not post anything about them looking good or nice? lol its like if a woman thinks a guys handsum its a huge complment but if she feels he isnt her type its considered creeeeepy by many women lol double standerd really

Replies

• LOL well every woman likes a nice compliment (at least I do lol) but everyone on here (guys & gals) all compliment each other with the Wow you look greats and the Nice job looking nice!! As long as its "respectable" it shouldnt be a problem :)
  • george29223
    lol its like if a woman like 20 says how do i look now that i lost 12 pounds and there comparing standing in the mirror in two undwear shots nooooooooooooway iam gonna say annnything you cant help but look weird saying anything like that to someone that young or is it ok to do that?
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    And FYI..... saying "good job" to a woman after posting her weight loss is completely fine!!!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    i give credit where credit is due... if they did a great job then tell them. if you think they look great then tell them! if your inspired by their story then tell them. male or female theyre obviously focused and kicking *kitten* and were here to support and motivate after all.

if you want to avoid a sexual harrassment case, then avoid saying creepy stuff lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    "Great job! You look fantastic!" is fine.

"Great job! I want to pull your panties down with my teeth!" is not fine.

Pretend you're complimenting your sister, unless you have the kind of lifestyle where you might have an Uncle Dad and Aunt Mom.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Posts should be in English. Punctuation is not mandatory, but it helps.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    My head hurts.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member

Pretend you're complimenting your sister, unless you have the kind of lifestyle where you might have an Uncle Dad and Aunt Mom.

This ^

Very well put!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member

^this is true....btw, best laugh of my day, thanks!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 376 Member

[/quot

YES!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    I happen to like long run-on sentences.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I may not be typical, but I welcome any and all compliments. I never used to get any compliments from anyone, so I pretty much gobble up whatever I get now.

That being said, you probably shouldn't comment on a stranger's photo that she makes your pants feel tight or that you are right-click-saving for later enjoyment. At least wait until you are friends for that sort of commentary.
  • george29223
    i didnt know this was a grammer board i coulda swore it was a weight loss board it amazes me how the very ones that went through life hearing insults about there weight one time or another are so ready to attack ones grammer lol does it somehow make you feel better about yourself just because you use proper grammer sorta like a thin person saying look at that fat lady and you over hear them saying that iam here to lose weight if you have nothing better to say then how sucky my grammer is then well your not the type of person i want as a friend anyway sooooooooooooooo dont post in my thread i dont have time for people who put me down ive had enough of that from people in my real life soooooooooooo if you got a problem dont read my posts thaaaaaankyou
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    etiquette?

fthat.svg
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    I want to watch what I eat, get in shape, encourage others, and become an english major. Those are my goals and in that order I promise. BTW Great Job ya'll keep up the good work!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    i didnt know this was a grammer board i coulda swore it was a weight loss board it amazes me how the very ones that went through life hearing insults about there weight one time or another are so ready to attack ones grammer lol does it somehow make you feel better about yourself just because you use proper grammer sorta like a thin person saying look at that fat lady and you over hear them saying that iam here to lose weight if you have nothing better to say then how sucky my grammer is then well your not the type of person i want as a friend anyway sooooooooooooooo dont post in my thread i dont have time for people who put me down ive had enough of that from people in my real life soooooooooooo if you got a problem dont read my posts thaaaaaankyou

Seriously...i like to read what people have to say and comment, but it really is a headache trying to read this and deciding where your sentences end. I am not trying to put you down, i am trying to interact with you without needing advil.
  • george29223
    so her responce to me wasnt rude? what does grammer have to do with weight loss ?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    :laugh: this thread.

If it's borderline creepy, don't post it. I have not noticed women being particularly sensitive or getting creeped out by words of encouragement from men, if that answers the question.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    If you wrote more clearly, people might focus on what you're saying instead of complaining about the headaches they are getting from trying to work out what the f you are going on about.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    hey man no problem i must be some skinny bully because i agreed that your *kitten* is hard to read but you know what you are totally right this is so much easier to understand and communicate with please forgive me for agreeing that it would be easier to help and be supportive if you could be understood and you would probably have a more receptive audience if your wall of text were easier to decipher but since it could only be an attack on you instead of a tongue in cheek way of saying it is hard to read who knows maybe you will get some more help on here and maybe you wont but good luck either way soooooooooooo you dont want me to post in your thread dont post it in a public forum im sorry if this is hard to read but its even harder to type do you do that intentionally but if you got this far in this obnoxious wall of text i wish you good luck with the weight loss youre totally in the right place but the forums really can be a pain because there are a lot of idiots out there that have way too much time on their hands and like to troll like i guess i kinda am now kthxbye
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!