whats proper Etiquette for this place

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    etiquette? Seems to be a good question considering some of your replies!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    it amazes me how the very ones that went through life hearing insults about there weight one time or another are so ready to attack ones grammer

Wow...for a newbie, that was well-said. I have never understood people who insult others over grammar or punctuation. Life's too short to be bothered by that sort of thing.
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    You think they're women...

No they totally are. They told me.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    grammar police strike again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This^^

It happens a lot on these boards mate, find friends that will support you regardless of your grammar.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    "Great job! You look fantastic!" is fine.

"Great job! I want to pull your panties down with my teeth!" is not fine.

Pretend you're complimenting your sister, unless you have the kind of lifestyle where you might have an Uncle Dad and Aunt Mom.

I :heart: you!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    If you want attention from women, try to use punctuation.

I'm just saying.

I wouldn't say what this poster said about wanting attention for women, but I honestly didn't even bother to read your original post because it was so difficult to read with everything running together. I read everyone else's comments to understand your post. That's my issue with punctuation which seems to be a hot topic here, not a grammar nazi just found it hard to read.

You know what is hitting on someone and what isn't aka what is considered appropriate support and what isn't. Common sense. If someone said it to you, what would your response be? Would you raise your eyebrow? Eyebrow raise is def an indication someone is trying to be flirty, i mean come on everyone knows that. haha Eyebrow raise? Rethink comment.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Jeez...this guy is new and is obviously enough of gentleman to ask if commenting on a woman's body is appropriate on mfp. I'd rather put up with a few missing punctuation marks than some of you guys!

This ^ I can't believe how rude some of the people are being to OP. It is sad really. To the OP: When I lose a crap load of weight and post my pics, I would be offended if you DIDN'T tell me how hot I was :blushing: lol Very kind of you to ask though! Feel free to friend me, I could care less about your grammar. :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    You think they're women...

No they totally are. They told me.

We'll see what they say when Chris Hansen (sp?) shows up. Ha!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

I'm just saying.

I stopped reading after the first sentence due to lack of full words and punctuation! Eeeeeek!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    iam new here and well iam not real sure about certain things lol ive been members of all sorts of message boards hotrod sports 4wd stuff lol all mens places anyway like most things if i got a problem iread read read look look look and solve my problem any hoot as you can see as of right now iam fat as a horse so i spend my time here clicking on everyones profile seeing how they got over weight what they looked like before weight loss and most importantly how they lost weight and i like looking at what yall eat to give me ideas on what to eat ok heres the Etiquette part lol is it ok for a man to reply to women who post weight loss pictures on here and say looking good nice job wow looking good, all lines that would get me fired at work for saying to a woman who lost weight at work it would be considered sexual harrasment by many also what about women that take before and after pictures in there underwear should men not post anything about them looking good or nice? lol its like if a woman thinks a guys handsum its a huge complment but if she feels he isnt her type its considered creeeeepy by many women lol double standerd really

From a married woman's perspective, here is the code, I have seen working here. Perhaps one of the single ladies would like to post and equivalent SL one :)

"WOW well done" will get you an approving nod
    You look amazing, you have obviously worked very hard" will get you remembered
    "Wow, your arms/legs/face/waist are tiny now" will make the person you addressed it to smile
    "Amazing, you look so much smaller and younger now. Well done on all your hard work" - Legend status awaits you
    "Wow, I live in the neighborhood beside you, can we run together sometime?" will get you a frown
    "Wow, I live in the neighborhood beside you, can we run together sometime?" will get you a frown and a block if they look you up and realise you live more than 3,000 miles away
    "Nice *kitten* / tits / *meh*" (to someone you never talked to before) = CREEP ALERT!
    "Nice *kitten* / tits / *meh*" (to someone you have had banter with before) = WATCH THIS ONE ALERT! (and a bit of a giggle)
    "Do you shag on 1st dates" = The w anchor never even noticed my weight loss - BLOCK
    "Do you have a younger sister?" - BLOCK (do I need to explain this one?)
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Hahahahahaha! I'm seriously just giggling at repsonses! This is great...

First---- To the original poster: guess you know what kind of responses you're going to get from now on if you don't do something to make your posts somewhat legible, and welcome to MFP! Ha!

Second---Like many above posters have said, just use common sense and good judgement when making a compliement to anyone, man or woman. We're all here for the same thing, and support is what everyone wants!

Third--- As many that have come before me have said, your grammar and punctuation is horrible. This isn't an English essay but if you're going to post a long paragraph asking a simple question, give people a reason to actually read the whole thing. I stopped reading after the first few sentences because I couldn't follow what the heck you were saying! The only reason there are so may responses to this post, is because it's become comical now with the debate between the grammar, it's great.

As a person who greatly appreciates correct grammar and punctuation (not thatI don't make my own mistakes but hopefully people can read this!) this post really got me going... thank you! Hehe!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    I'd love to answer your question but the spelling errors and lack of punctuation has caused my head to explode. I am dead. So sorry I couldn't help. :'(
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    all of this because i dropped outta school to become a poor underwear farmer from illinois.....
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    "Great job! You look fantastic!" is fine.

"Great job! I want to pull your panties down with my teeth!" is not fine.

Pretend you're complimenting your sister, unless you have the kind of lifestyle where you might have an Uncle Dad and Aunt Mom.

Lorina,

What about 'Great job! You look fantastic! I want to pull your panties down with my teeth!'?

Or should that be reserved for PM's?

:bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    all of this because i dropped outta school to become a poor underwear farmer from illinois.....

LOL, what is an underwear farmer?
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 363 Member

I'm just saying.

^^^^ This ^^^^
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member

lol thats why i was poor the damn underwear never grew
  • crisanderson27

lol thats why i was poor the damn underwear never grew

Ahh...gotcha, I think lol.

Anyhow, ignore the venom of the people bashing your punctuation...it's actually against the rules to do so. You might take their message to heart though. Shorter sentences would make sense also, if the punctuation is difficult (and for some people, it just is).
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139

We'll see what they say when Chris Hansen (sp?) shows up. Ha!

HAHA! "Hi there, take a seat"
  • gemtstone
    gemtstone Posts: 9 Member
    Say whatever you want, then when you say something someone finds offensive , they will let you know, and then you can argue with them about it. And the rest of the board too.

This is simple math, if you can't handle looking at a 20 year old in underwear without being rude, skip the photos, it will be much safer for you.

Good God, 46 years old, I'm just saying lmao
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!