Crystal Light

Options
Okay so the only thing I ever really drink is crystal light ice tea and I mean A LOT of it. So does this technically count as water consumed because its water with a mix pouch in it? I think I drink anywhere from 48-72 ounces a day which comes out to be no calories at all. 56 ounces which is what I normally put down daily is only 35 calories it's great!

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes you can count it as water. Thats the only way i can drink it.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My dietician says that 'yes' it counts towards your fluid intake goals..others may have a different approach :)
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    yes that counts as water. the only thing I don't count as water is my coffee
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It is water.

Anything that you put in your face that is not absolutely dry has a water content and will hydrate you to some extent.

If you eat a pouch of the powder (for whatever reason) then drink a glass of water 5 minutes later, does that not count?

Flavor does not change the fact that water is water.

Edit: The mild (if any) diuretic effect of a caffeinated drink does NOT negate the hydration from the water in whatever it is you're drinking.
  • Back2Basic
    Back2Basic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I count it as water. We make pitchers of crystal light for dinners, and use singles for on the goes (especially the caffeinated ones!!!!!!!!!)
    ^^I love them (trying to quit soda)
  • Julie_9
    Julie_9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts as water. I use a lot of the flavored packets I mix in my water and add them to my diary as water and then add the packet to either the meal or a snack. Happy Drinking. :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I count it as water, but I also make sure I add the calories whenI drink it.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I count it was water! The flavor doesnt change the fact that its water! lol
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    SO does flavoured water count as part of your daily intake? I like bonaqua water yum yum!
  • bm99
    Options
    SO does flavoured water count as part of your daily intake?

Yes. It's water.

That's not to say you should never, ever drink just plain water, but the flavor isn't changing the fact that it's water.
  • curds
    Options
    thanks BM99, now if only they sold Bonaqua in this country lol it would be so much easier to get to 8 cups with it. I do drink plain water, but it would be nice to take a break from it every now and again.
  • curds
    Options
    I just googled crystal light and it looks the same as kool-aid to me? Is crystal light the diet version or something?
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    because of the artificial colors and sweeteners I onlyI allow myself to have it after I have my 'plain' water in for the day.
  • bm99
    Options
    because of the artificial colors and sweeteners I onlyI allow myself to have it after I have my 'plain' water in for the day.

That's why I don't touch the stuff!
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me too! My favorite is fruit punch
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options

That's why I don't touch the stuff!

Me either... It made it easier for me to reach my water goal but I knew I had to ween myself off of it then, I didn't want to even think about what that artifical sugar was doing to my guts.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I envy you guys that can drink it. I can't stand the taste and I have tried.
  • Immaskinnycow
    Immaskinnycow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't drink crystal light, but I do add MIO to my water. MIO has ZERO nutritional value, but it is what makes it easy for me to drink my water. Water with MIO is all I drink. No coffee, tea, soda, or anything except MIO in my water. I average probably 14 - 16 glasses a day.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    They have a new one I have been using with truvia in it, as opposed to aspartame.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I do really like crystal light, but I am the same way. I try not to have it more than once or twice a month.