Clean Eating questions

Options
So, I'd like to get into clean eating. I feel like refined sugars and bad carbs are taking over my life. Today I couldn't stop eating this carrot cake that I had made and then a Mimosa muffin and a bunch of other terrible stuff that is full of bad chemicals and crap! Does anyone have any websites/books that have helped them transition lifestyles? Like what do I buy and how can I easily tell if something is 'clean'?
Is anyone out there that is willing to give some support or tips that might help me?

Replies

• lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com is a great website. Has advice about starting out, shopping for basics as well as recipes. I have found it to be very helpful. Good Luck
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Google Tosca Reno clean eating. She has a website and numerous books about clean eating. There are a number of pages on facebook about it if you search.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Google Tosca Reno clean eating. She has a website and numerous books about clean eating. There are a number of pages on facebook about it if you search.
    This. Have just about all of her books and have done very well with her principles.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I am a Tosca Reno fan myself.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    <---for me clean eating means using a napkin. :bigsmile:
  • PrairieGurl69
    Options
    There is actually a magazine and a website "clean eating dot com" - both are fantastic. Great recipes! :smile:
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    www.perrysplate.com has some nice recipes. Not all are "clean" but many are and so far everything I've made from that site has been delicious!
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism is a great read for someone entertaining the transition to clean eating. Initially I got it from the public library then decided it was worth buying to add to my collection of healthy living books.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You could do what i do and make a rule that you'll only eat bread or cake, pasta etc if you have made it yourself FROM SCRATCH.
    That keeps me eating less of the stuff and it is a bit of time and effort to make. Homemade tastes so much better too and obviously no chemical preservatives etc.
    Carrot cake isn't necessarily bad, if you can find recipes that replace or lessen some of the ingredients. Such as use agave or honey instead of so much sugar (and less of it too), and perhaps apple sauce (made from apples not from a bottle) instead of oil. And of course portion size. I bought some tiny little cake tins and make things in those. If more servings don't exist then i can't eat them!

I think perhaps if you decide one day you want to eat carrot cake or pasta or whatever search 'heathy -- recipe' and scan through the ingredients so you can see if it really clean or not. That way you aren't limited to what is on one particular site.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crystalhoneycutt
    crystalhoneycutt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    definitely recommend Tocsa Reno's: the eat clean diet book

it will help alot :)
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thank you everybody! And at least I replaced the oil in my cake with applesauce, but I did use a box mix so there's added crap in there. I will for sure check out Tocsa Reno!
  • Saunz5
    Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason talks about it on bodybuilding.com That's where I first learned about it. She also has recipes on it. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-lean-eat-clean-with-jamie-eason-main-page.htm

Kind of a silly question, but just in case you haven't, have you googled it and checked out different websites? Good Luck! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I know this makes me look bad, but oh my gosh, Mimosa muffin? Recipe please!
  • plhv19
    plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism is a great read for someone entertaining the transition to clean eating. Initially I got it from the public library then decided it was worth buying to add to my collection of healthy living books.

This book changed my life and how I look at food. I now read ingredients before I even read anything else on labels. In fact, I hardly look at cals, fat, sugar, carbs, etc. anymore. Highly recommend.
  • kristy8403
    kristy8403 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Lean by Kathy Freston
  • ahubar
    ahubar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about. I stumbled on to Dr. Joey Shuman and her books and I have used others, but always go back to her. She makes everything seem simple. Her books are The Natural Makeover Diet, The Last 15 and her newest book is The Metabolism Boosting Diet.
  • ahubar
    ahubar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I meant Dr. Joey Shulman