Awesome foods you remember as a kid

Replies

• riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Fried bologna sandwiches on white bread with mustard, would not eat this for anything now LOL

... I think we just became best friends!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    WWF Ice Cream bars!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    I live in Canada, they sell dunkaroos at Walmart. My fiancée buys them, he's like a 6 year old. I can't get over eating icing and cookies as a snack, but they were my favourite school snack when I was in grade school!

I was just about to say this and I seen your post!

My child hood food that I was very fond of was APPLE JACKS and they have made a "seasonal" come back in the last couple of years!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Cracker Jacks~love the prizes I got. :)
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Fruitopia! Well, I guess that's technically a drink... but still. lol

this^^^^^ yessss! omg the green one was my fav.

and someone said ecto coolers. When I was a kid I would go to the local doughnut shop with my mom and brother and would always have the same thing. A buttermilk bar and and ecto cooler =D man those were the days! lol
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Fried bologna sandwiches on white bread with mustard, would not eat this for anything now LOL

I still eat them...without mustard...Plain all the way. I love bologna!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member

I still eat them...without mustard...Plain all the way. I love bologna!

I still eat these with mustard or cheese.... Grilled bologna and cheese anyone????

I haven't had one for a long time though. Now that you have reminded me about this I know what to pick up at the store!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    bar none candy bars
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    PB Maxx candy bars.

It had a big glob of real, actual peanut butter inside. Not the stuff that is in Reese's cups, actual, creamy, peanut butter just like it came right out of the jar of Jif.

Sooooooooooooo lovely.

I wish they still made them. :sad:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Kool-aid

Tang

Hamburger Helpers

Jiffy pop
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Kraft mac n cheese & NORI rice crackers!
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    OK Soda - I really don't remember the taste much, I just remember calling their hotline (1-800-I FEEL OK) a lot with my friends.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMc5nzEKPJywmc9VFc535OTH9XCxRowId6b3emVZd65IYYspobFQ
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Black berry cobbler, and home made biscuits, those were the days.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Hi-C Ecto Cooler. I don't know if it's still around, but I know it was a few years ago.

Jumpin' Jack Doritos

Snak Pak Butterscotch Puddings

Easy Cheese (still sold today). It's a cheese product that comes in an aerosol can. If that isn't weird, I don't know what is. Definitely not fit for human consumption.

I LOVED canned cheese lol I had a friend ship me up some to Canada and my husband thought it was the strangest thing ever
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvTuhwIaeuEx52AcydPdDUZFxP-AE8Gp94knDFxX1_DNjy7d--Cw
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Orbits (coolest drink ever lol it was like a seltzer with gelatin floating inside :D )
    Yum and ewww all at the same time :P

oh god i remember that stuff, it was so weirdly awesome!
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Bologna and cheese sammiches with potato chips squished in between!!! (with white bread and mustard)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member

I thought that was a small town Northern Ontario, Canada thing! My dad still eats this! and now he grills the bologna!!! (and it has to be blue ribbon!!)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    I'm probably older than most of you...at least the posts I read. We were also pretty poor and lived out in the middle of NOWHERE. Our big treat...which we didn't get often was a slice of bread spread with butter and sprinkled with sugar. We thought we were in heaven...didn't know there were "real" treats out there. LOL