When are you going to stop logging?

Options

Replies

• LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Prob never will. May take a few days off a month eventually but have no intentions of stopping. I like knowing all my numbers to make sure I'm getting what my body requires to fuel itself :)
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Maybe after I reach my goal weight? I guess it depends on how I'm feeling then.....
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging in December of last year and have managed to maintain. I think that only reason that I haven't gained is because I work 6 to 7 days a week, and am on my feet and moving around the whole time. If it wasn't for that I surely would have gained back what I lost and maybe some more. With that being said I am getting back into logging so I can continue my journey and also to hold myself accountable to eat more healthy again. (I won't lie…I've eaten a lot of junk the last few months). I don't know when I will be able to stop logging and stay where I want to be weight-wise.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Been debating this for a bit. I am moving soon and I won't have a scale or unlimited internet access. Been here for about 195 days and am still about 8 pounds from my goal weight. However, I am happier and more active than ever so...I am fairly confident I can keep on trucking without counting. We shall see :)
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll EVER stop...unless I become really good at remember what I eat during the day and how many calories it is.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    NEVER! As long as I have to eat daily, I'll log daily. Good bad or ugly I'll log it.
    Being accountable and seeing what I eat in black in white has really helped me.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, and not to take away from anyones accomplishments, but if you never stop logging does that mean you really didn't learn how to live healthy? What happens if you lose the internet are you gonna revert back to your old ways just because you can't log anything? It's like saying I would never take the training wheels off because they are such a big help in me learning to ride the bike. Not trying to offend or say anyone is wrong for saying they would never quit logging but I just wonder.
  • BustyTransformer
    BustyTransformer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Until I'm too old and senile to know what the heck is going on?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    When I collect enough logs to build my cabin.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    more than likely NEVER! I have been logging since 2005...used to be in a notebook, now its on a computer..every single day..........................
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    when I don't need to eat anymore

^^ pretty much...
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When I totallly give up, maybe? Which I hope is never
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    when i don't need to eat anymore
    This... Honestly I think I'll log for the rest of my days!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for around 8-9 months & I can't see me stopping altogether any time soon. I'm more rough & ready with logging these days as I have a "feeling" for my averages but if I don't log reasonably say 4 or 5 days out of 7 it doesn't take long to lose the accountability to keep things in check.

If you like & enjoy food it is just way to easy to change mostly eating sensibly and occasionally indulge to the other way around.

I also find that logging keeps the motivation going to stay active. Seeing Pals posts of working out and staying active is a stark reminder that you owe it to yourself to keep moving.

Getting to maintenance didn't just happen on it's own; do I really want to slide back to a point where I have to put the real hard yards in again - Nope! I enjoy the way I feel right now & I need to remind myself now and then that, that was not the norm 15mths ago. I have more energy, sleep better, have a more positive attitude and just all round feel better & more alive than I have in many many years. One of the main reasons I started this is I didn't like the way I looked; the look doesn't even really matter to me anymore. A post like this is a good reminder that all those non-look oriented things & more are more precious, worth working for, obtaining and keeping :)

Got a bit carried away there :O

PS - it's just part of life now anyway & MFP makes it so easy it's not a chore
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Until I'm too old and senile to know what the heck is going on?

:laugh: :laugh: You got that right!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't even need to log my food anymore because I pretty much know the calories in everything I eat and how much a serving is but it's just a habit now. I wake up, think about what I'm eating for breakfast and lunch and log it.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    When I get to goal weight I plan to move into maintenance. When I am eating maintenance for six-ish months with no gain, I'll stop logging except to log weight weekly. A gain of 5lbs will put me back to logging...
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    I think I will log for a long time. It took 28 years to set my old habits, it'll take a while to set these. And I want to have another baby and this tool will be super useful to avoid binging!
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I have achieved the status of demi-god
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    when from my nerveless grasp forever drop my eating utensils.

or when someone else feeds me, whichever comes first