Awesome foods you remember as a kid

Options

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I moved to Canada as a lad, and I remember Gini Bitter Lemon drink. It was awesome.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Pop-Tarts Crunch! I dunno why they got rid of that cereal :P

Btw, does anyone remember crystal pepsi? LOL
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    Clear Pepsi and OK soda. You could call a number on the back of OK Soda and it would give you a cheeky message.

missed this post, someone remembers ^_^
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    oh yea, does anyone remember this? back in the early 90's you could find this in every supermarket almost, now it's close to extinct

Vienetta.jpg

Thankfully I can walk 10 mins to buy that!
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    ecto_cooler_Hi-C.jpg

no child hood was complete without having Ecto Cooler :P
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    WalMart sells Dunkaroos!! My fiance works there. I saw your post and immediately called him and told him to bring me a box :)
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    dunkaroos.
    can't seem to find them anywhere!

WalMart sells Dunkaroos!! My fiance works there. I saw your post and immediately called him and told him to bring me a box :
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The wierdest thing I ate as a kid was bread and ketchup! I would pull the crust off, roll the bread into a ball and dip it in ketcup! lol Soooo gross, but loved it when I was little.

And I thought I was alone! We also use to dip plain chips in ketchup.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Arctic roll haha
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    The wierdest thing I ate as a kid was bread and ketchup! I would pull the crust off, roll the bread into a ball and dip it in ketcup! lol Soooo gross, but loved it when I was little.

And I thought I was alone! We also use to dip plain chips in ketchup.

LOL... I saw Heinz Ketchup flavored potato chips not long ago... so you had the idea first! :smile:

I dipped saltine crackers in Miracle Whip.
    no Way i'd do that now.
  • squirrelygirl82
    Options
    Oh, and I must not forget...every day after school, I would go to my dad's body shop and my sisters and I got to go to the bakery down the street - I would get a cinnamon twist donut thing and CLEARLY CANADIAN! Ugh! I freakin' loved that stuff! They have a generic kind at Wal-Mart - nothing will EVER top CLEARLY CANADIAN!
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    Oh, and I must not forget...every day after school, I would go to my dad's body shop and my sisters and I got to go to the bakery down the street - I would get a cinnamon twist donut thing and CLEARLY CANADIAN! Ugh! I freakin' loved that stuff! They have a generic kind at Wal-Mart - nothing will EVER top CLEARLY CANADIAN!

OMG!!!!!! CLEARLY CANADIAN WAS THE BOMB OF THE 90'S!!! I can't believe i forgot about it!

You are sooo right...that walmart crap will NEVER compare!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My grandpa used to make this spaghetti sauce with clams and creamed butter. It was amazing. I still make it sometimes, and it always makes me happy.
  • _cauburn
    _cauburn Posts: 60
    Options
    Rice Krispy Treats Cereal, Surge (more or less my pre-teen/teenage years), Squeezits

Rice Krispy Treats Cereal was the absolute best.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    tumblr_leg9bzhVFg1qdduqjo1_500.jpg

THESE!!! I was obsessed! :) ha ha.

I never had these but they reminded me of chupa chups which where hugely popular when I was in junior high. They had delicious flavors.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Clear Pepsi and OK soda. You could call a number on the back of OK Soda and it would give you a cheeky message.

missed this post, someone remembers ^_^

I'm just glad some one else remembers it. I've had people call me crazy when I remembered it.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Spacefood sticks and dunkeroos.
    MAN life was sweet back then.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    KFC & I still love it as my "cheat" meal
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Not sure if mentioned yet, but in the UK we used to be able to get Pink Panther Chocolate Bars (pink chocolate - yum).
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    oh yea, does anyone remember this? back in the early 90's you could find this in every supermarket almost, now it's close to extinct

Vienetta.jpg

OMG !! my parents bought this all the time !! i HATED the hard little chocolate pieces in the middle ... i thought about this the other day and couldnt think of the name !! haha thanks for takin' me back :)

i saw someones earlier post about PB MAXX ... THANK YOU for being someone who actually remembers them ! i ate those things DAILY when i was little but no one in my family even remembers them !