Best breakfast to fend off hunger?

Options

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    ...and fasting is never a good idea for your health. It's just anorexia in disguise and will lower your metabolism and create a bad relationship with food.

Good luck

You clearly missed the Intermittent part.
  • KristinGroff
    Options
    I use my NutriBullet and make a great shake. Using Spinach and Kale, Banana or apple some berries, Chai seeds and flax seeds. This will keep you energized and ready for the day. And you can use any combination of fruits, greens and veggies you want to keep it from getting boring.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe on here for overnight oatmeal (refrigerated) and it is delicious and very filling.

1/4 c. rolled oats (not quick oats) or steel cut oats
    1/4 c. plain greek yogurt
    1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk

Mix together put in fridge overnight and add your fruit of choice etc... in the morning. I put in 1/2 banana and 1/2 tbsp. of PB so good :happy:

Do you just eat it cold in the morning or do you heat it up? I have all the ingredients and would like to try it out! :) Thanks!

Cold right out of the fridge. Don't heat it...I think the yogurt would go a little funky

Thanks so much! I'm going to try it tomorrow for breakfast! :flowerforyou:
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (plain fat free) with fruit and a drizzle of honey
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Winter time - I like oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and fruit. Now that is is warmer I am eating 1/2 cup of All Bran cereal, 3/4 cup of almond milk mixed with a scoop of protein powder. Top with fresh strawberries or peaches!! This is so filling, even more so than oatmeal to me!!

Great macros too!
    Just under 300 calories, 34 g of protein, 38 g of carbs, and 5 g of fat!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have to eat something high in protein to stay full- usually 2-3 eggs and some tpe of meat- bacon, sausage, pork chops, steak..etc
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been having a protein shake with either 1 or 2 scoops of protein powder to equal 25 grams of protein, with fruit and almond milk for breakfast and it's carried me over til lunch. I have various combinations I love but my favorite is protein powder, a banana, almond milk and a few tablespoons of powdered peanut butter. YUM!

I am a huge snacker and since I've been doing this I haven't had the urge.

I'd also like to try to try the overnight oatmeal everyone has been talking about.
  • 69Greer
    69Greer Posts: 36
    Options
    I love some one minute oats...2 servings of half a cup...some splenda and bang!! 300 calories and I'm good till afternoon. I usually eat at 6:30am. Good fiber to start the day...these are good carbs and it sticks to your ribs.

Or, I've lately added a new protein recipe of pumpkin muffins made with protein powder...two muffins (191 cal.) and a glass of skim milk and I'm good til lunch again. Lots of vitamin A, protein, and I love me some yummy milk. The protein muffins aren't great but they aren't so bad either.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    1/2 wheat begal, 1 table spoon of whipped cream cheese, 2oz of shrimp, and tomatoes---with a half of grape fruit

and for mid morning snack I will have a vanilla peanut butter protein shake.....If you want the calories or even some more ideas inbox me... I love exchanging ideas
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    toast some whole wheat bread
    smear some peanut butter or nutella on toast
    slice banana (1 banana usually does 2 slices of toast)
    put slices on peanut butter
    drizzle a tiny bit of honey over banana

Enjoy

I eat this a lot in the winter and it carries me thru and past lunch most of the time

this made me drool....
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I try one with different food groups.

Example:

-Orange or Banana
    -Egg Whites w/ broccoli (or onion and peppers)
    -Bacon (I use Morningstar)
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I stay pretty full after eating a cup (dry) of frosted mini wheats (or similar) cereal - that type of cereal has a lot of fiber. Hard boiled eggs are great because if you need to take breakfast on the go, you can have the eggs peeled and ready to take with you. Obviously at home, scrambled eggs are possible and you can add some veggies or meat. I also love frittatas, and will usualyl make them with potato, onion, black beans, bell pepper, etc. A banana sliced up with a tiny bit of peanut butter on the slices also holds me over fairly well. Whatever you eat, drink a glass of water with it. Green smoothies are great as well, and you can buy them pre-made (Odwalla or Naked Juice are my favorite) to save yourself the time of making them. They are flash pasteurized, so they would not work if you're trying for a raw diet. If you want to try for more raw foods, eat a piece of fruit and a 1/4 cup of raw almonds.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of this "berrylicious microwave muffin" thing I read about here. Try searching the message boards for the recipe.

It's basically 1/4 cup rolled (NOT instant, NOT steelcut) oats and an egg, scrambled together in a mug with some fruit (blueberries) and stevia, and a splash of milk.

Nuke it for 60-75 seconds and it's very filling.
    Alot of great ideas but this is one I had never heard of.. will definitely be doing this, also
  • Mcctin65
    Options

Enjoy

I eat this a lot in the winter and it carries me thru and past lunch most of the time

this made me drool....

Me too! Must try this one also.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my breakfast usually goes something like this.... (This is today's breakfast) --- keeps me full for hours, I usually have to make myself go ahead and eat lunch just because I know I 'need' to eat, not because I'm starving. :)

protein shake (3/4 scoop chocolate protein powder, almond milk *currently using so Almond + protein*, cocoa powder, canned pumpkin, black beans (1/8 cup), 2tbsp vanilla greek yogurt, ice)
    veggie medley - 2 servings cauliflower. 1/4 cup cooked lentils, 1/8 cup black beans, 1/8 cup diced tomatoes, 2 mushrooms, 1 cup spinach

378 calories
    4g fat
    50g carbs
    19g fiber
    49g protein
    346mg sodium
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    i never eat breakfast just have my coffee, but lunch is oats soaked over night in fresh juice then add fat free yoghurt and fresh fruit, that takes me to dinner.
    Oats soaked in juice.. I like this idea. You're not cooking them at all then?
  • fitfuntiff
    fitfuntiff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this is my fave!
  • fitfuntiff
    fitfuntiff Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Enjoy

This is my fave!!! I also use honey wheat sandwich thins or honey wheat english muffins
  • Mcctin65
    Options
    Tons of great ideas!
    Thanks!

This morning I did an omelet
    3 eggs white
    sauteed veggies in coconut oil
    Parmesan cheese.
    strawberries on the side
    That was 4 hours ago and I'm starting to get hungry
    should have had toast too