Online Dating.. ugh

124»

Replies

• sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    I met my hubby online in july 2006 and when I met him in person in july 2007 he said "you're smaller than I thought." LOL :P I had an eating disorder before I met him online so when we got married in November 2007 he ALWAYS made sure I ate which made me gain weight. I am losing weight now and when I tell him how it is going he is very supportive.

Forget that guy because you need a guy who will accept you for who you are! You're beautiful!!!!

Thank you very much!
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Not all guys online are horrible, I met my husband online and we have been married over 2 years now. Of course he didn't tell me I was too big to date, I think this guy needs to be kicked to the curb. Unless you want to have him as a friend with benefits, then by all means go for it, just DON'T get attached.

You are beautiful, and the right one is out there!
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    What a piece of work! I mean, it is fine to have a 'type' and want just that type, but first, say it a little....idk nicer and leave it at that. Don't keep trying to get with you after you get on 'his level' as he is inferring. I mean if he doesn't like you that way now, then he doesn't like you for you so he is not worth your time. Not all guys online are pigs though, so keep your head up! He's out there!
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    You deserve better-someone who likes you for you-some people believe that my opinion is naive and people only like fit people plus personality-but it seems to me like you would continually try and please him and experience gratitude for his support and devastation for his criticism...I think you should remember he would be enjoying the pleasure of YOUR company-don't undersell yourself and don't give this guy your time.
    Since when is "not bad (his personality)" "good enough"?
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    I met husband #1 when I was skinny. Apparently he thought I would stay that way forever. When I got fat, he was mean, nagging, and abusive. I kicked him to the curb. My current husband loves me no matter what I look like. And when I get skinny again, I'm sure he'll appreciate me just as much. I expect my mate to love me no matter what. Someone with these kinds of standards doesn't strike me as someone who will do that.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    The thing that pisses me off most about it is that I am working at it. I am active every day! I also go to the gym and track everything I eat.. It's not like I am sitting on my *kitten* eating a bag of chips.. I don't blame a person for not wanting to date someone because they do not have the same sort of lifestyle, that's fine with me. I also appreciate the honesty, but when he hints that he wants to have sex with me that is crossing the line.. And update.. I told him to go **** himself!