Random act of kindness!

Options

Replies

• lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    :smile: That was uper sweet of you!!!!:heart: God will bless you for that, whether or not you belive in Him or not. He's a good God and He loves when we do things like that. His Word says when you do unto the least of these, you've done it unto HIm. This story makes my heart happy to knw that there are decent ppl out there!! You are an amazing person, dont ever change!!!:smile:
  • syam3000
    syam3000 Posts: 37
    Options
    Great post!! I always hope that one day the people in this world will come to a point where it is a priority to them to do at least ONE random act of kindness a day! I admire you and your big heart :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful of you!! :) I think eveyone should try to do 'random acts of kindness' every day. Not just for others but yourself too...seeing that little old lady smile at you and thank you for holding the door really can do some good to your well being!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You are very sweet, I wish more people stopped to think about others these days, but we are all to busy or wrapped up in our own busy world we forget about the less fortunate. Thank you for what you did today!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That was kind of you.

I will now go do something nice for someone so I can start a thread.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Walking through York on my lunch break and I walked past a doorway which was set back from the street. Sat in the doorway was a homeless man, sat on a bag with everything that he owns, crying with his head in his hands. I walked past him and straight into boots where I bought the most filling sandwich I could find. I took it back to the man and I asked if he was hungry. He told me I was the first person who had spoken to him in over a week. He started to cry and said he was very lonely and scared and people spit and p*ss on him when hes trying to sleep at night. He was incredibly grateful for the £1.50 sandwich I bought him as otherwise he wouldn't have eaten. His name was Tim. Seriously makes you realise how good we all have it!!!

I hate having peers complain about how bad they have it, when they don't realize it could be much worse. They could lose EVERYTHING, like so many people in the U.S. and U.K. have had happen over the past decade at this point.

Thank you for sharing this story, and your heart. You are truly a wonderful person, and this world needs more like you. :flowerforyou:
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    That is a wonderful thing to do. I guess most people don't help out because they are afraid of homeless people, or they think they might catch something if they go near them.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    You're a super sweet person :) Too bad there are so many nasty people in this world. :heart:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! That's great that you aren't afraid to show love. :heart:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Walking through York on my lunch break and I walked past a doorway which was set back from the street. Sat in the doorway was a homeless man, sat on a bag with everything that he owns, crying with his head in his hands. I walked past him and straight into boots where I bought the most filling sandwich I could find. I took it back to the man and I asked if he was hungry. He told me I was the first person who had spoken to him in over a week. He started to cry and said he was very lonely and scared and people spit and p*ss on him when hes trying to sleep at night. He was incredibly grateful for the £1.50 sandwich I bought him as otherwise he wouldn't have eaten. His name was Tim. Seriously makes you realise how good we all have it!!!

You're amazing. Thanks for sharing your incredible story......It just shows us all how awesome you are. Now I want to buy you a sandwich.....
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store after a workout the other day. I was sweaty and probably a little stinky and still had my headphones in. There was a woman in front of me who was obviously having trouble paying for all the stuff she was buying. Most was food and she had government assistance for that. I assumed she was unemployed - which is between her and the government... I wont get into that on this post or argue about it elsewhere. Anyway, she had items that were not covered on her assistance program - baby clothes, diapers, baby bottles, wipes, etc. Those, she could not afford and started putting extras back to reduce her bill. After I noticed what was happening, and she walked away to see if she could get money from her credit card from an ATM (which she couldnt because she was broke), I just swiped my debit card and paid for the remainder of the balance. I hugged her and wished her well and she thanked me about 40 times. It made me feel good to help someone out that I will probably never even meet up with again. I hope her new baby grows up well.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    What a great thing you did !
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This story is so touching. Thanks so much for sharing your perspective and letting it rub off on all of us!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I did a cultural immersion project for school where I was Homeless for 48 hours. was dropped off with only the clothes on my back. it was horrible being out in the cold and hungry. but the worst part was the way people treated me. It was an eye opening experience
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful thing to do. I guess most people don't help out because they are afraid of homeless people, or they think they might catch something if they go near them.

When I was speaking to Tim and he said hundreds of people walk past me everyday and your the first one in over a week to stop and ask if I was ok. I said to him that some people may just be scared too, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "I'm scared all the time". I knew nothing would have happened to me approaching him as the street was really busy. Wish I could have done more
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I thank God for people like you.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    That's so sad. Thanks for helping him.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love random acts of kindness. They always make me feel happy hearing about them.

I've done a few in my life, but this one still sticks out. It was a rainy day and I was driving. I noticed a woman with a young child walking. She didn't have an umbrella, so I pulled over and gave her mine. (I really liked it too - just got it from the Gap and it was the cutest thing. Loved the print on it. Ha!) Anyway, she was very thankful. I drove off - never told anyone about it and forgot about it. That Christmas, my sister gave me a really cool Totes over-sized umbrella that even hasa light at the bottom of the handle :happy:
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love random acts of kindness. They always make me feel happy hearing about them.

I've done a few in my life, but this one still sticks out. It was a rainy day and I was driving. I noticed a woman with a young child walking. She didn't have an umbrella, so I pulled over and gave her mine. (I really liked it too - just got it from the Gap and it was the cutest thing. Loved the print on it. Ha!) Anyway, she was very thankful. I drove off - never told anyone about it and forgot about it. That Christmas, my sister gave me a really cool Totes over-sized umbrella that even hasa light at the bottom of the handle :happy:

I love this story!