Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• aratliff101803
    Options
    bump
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Here are some of our favorites:

Pulled Pork

Pork shoulder roast
    BBQ sauce
    Fresh sliced onions

put meat in crock pot, cover with onions, then cover all that with BBQ sauce. Let it cook for 6 - 8 hours until fall apart tender, and pull apart entire thing with forks while mixing in more sauce. Serve on bread or eat as is. :)

Roast Chicken

Put whole frozen chicken in crock pot (take out interior packet). Sprinkle on seasalt, black pepper and whatever other seasoning you like. Do not add water. Let roast for 6 -8 hours on high and it will be perfect.

Chicken Cacciatore

put boneless, skinless chicken thighs in crockpot (i do 6 - 8) with sliced mushrooms, onions, whatever you like in your pasta.
    Then pour on favorite pasta sauce - two of the big jars or cans. Let this cook for 6 - 8 hours, break up the chicken in the sauce and serve over fresh pasta. Beyond easy and stores very well.

I hope this helps! :)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What I'm doing today is super easy and my kid loves it. It's basically the Better Homes and Gardens Chicken and Dumplings recipe. I put a bunch of veggies in the crock pot (whatever you want, I'm using carrots, okra and broccoli today) and then arrange some chicken on top of it (I'm using 1.5 pounds of boneless thighs). Sprinkle some sage and rosemary on top (or whatever other herbs you like). When the chicken is about done, mix up the dumplings out of 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt. Cut in 2 tbsp shortening and then moisten with 1/2 cup buttermilk (or regular milk and one tbsp vinegar) and drop some on top of each piece of chicken and then let it cook until they're done.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I went to this website. It is awesome and I am very glad you posted it. Every one who wants to cook in the crock pot--run don't walk to this site.
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I Love my crock pot too. Nothing beats coming home from work not having to think about what to make for dinner when you're exhausted from your day. The smell of an all ready supper to greet you at the door is fantastic!!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

This.
    There are 365 recipes with her family review and what her 2 daughters thought of the food. Most of the dishes have pictures and lots of comments on how to change it to make it work for you. The only problem is so of the cooking times are 4-6 hours. I've heard that the timers to turn your lights on work great but I have never personally tried it.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    go to crockpotgirls.com

Great recipes, my kids have loved some and hated some.

Good Luck!
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is what I have in my crockpot right now............

1 2lb pork tenderloin roast
    1 bottle diet IBC Rootbeer
    1 bottle Kraft Honey barbecue sauce

Mix rootbeer and barbecue sauce together, pour over roast. Cook on low 6-7 hours until it shreds easily. I turn my roast every couple hours when I am home.

Soooooo Yummmy!!!
  • LOLTrish
    LOLTrish Posts: 37
    Options
    bump
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I am totally going to have to make some of these ideas. Yum!
  • Purplepeater
    Purplepeater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome!
  • 1bettisp
    1bettisp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think there is a "Skinny Crock Pot" blog. You might look on facebook or pinterest.
  • tlcangel97
    tlcangel97 Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • tracygardiner00
    tracygardiner00 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump