Why can't people tell yet?

13»

Replies

• One thing to consider is whether you are wearing flattering clothes. If you are still wearing the same old stuff, but it's just baggier, it may be harder for people to tell. I wore a new, fitted, flatteringly cut dress the other day--which made me look thinner than I am--and finally someone commented! I figure I need to lose another 5-7 lbs before I get lots of comments. But maybe that won't be enough either, who knows!
    Just keep at it. You can tell and for me at least, that is plenty to keep me going!

^^^^^^^^ This! This has been my experience as well. I finally had someone say something to me this weekend. But, definitely don't give up - it's for you and not them!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    I have noticed that people are too busy in their own worlds, even if they are around you, that they don't seem to pay much attention to how others look................ people just don't seem to take the time to "see" how you look and when they do it is WOW! My trainer says when they notice and ask just tell them, Oh, I wake up everyday looking this good :o) then they wonder what they missed!
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    My husband says he can see changes in my body. But when I look in the mirror at myself I don't see them.

I haven't gotten any comments from extended family yet because I haven't really seen them since starting my journey 5 weeks ago.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    I've lost 21. Which has taken me from 202 to 181. I'm still not getting many people that notice, even though My husband and I can tell, and my nice dress work pants are literally sagging in the seat and thighs. No one else has mentioned it.

I got "You've lost so much weight!" from my in laws when I saw them right after losing 17 lbs, but they knew I was trying to slim down some, and they are the type that would say that regardless.. so I don't really count that.. granted, it's still nice to hear.. but I don't know if it was sincere.

No one at work, and no one in my extended family have mentioned it.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    My boyfriend noticed that I've lost weight in the past two weeks. I, in the meantime, routinely had conversations in elementary school that went: "Guess what! I finally got my braces off!" "You had braces?"

Some people notice these things, and others don't.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Take a roll of paper towels and rip off a sheet or 2. It's not as noticeable as it will be once the roll has 1/3 of it already gone and you take a sheet or 2 off. The more you have to lose, the less obvious a pound will be. Weigh is one thing, but be sure to take pictures often, and get total body measurements now! Some months the inches will show more progress! Even when I hadn't lost any for months I needed to go down a size in clothes, one day you will be shocked at the side by side photo progress. Keep it up!

I guarantee one day that double take look you get will make it all worthwhile!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    it might be where you're losing your weight from and the type of clothes they see you in. for instance i've primarily lost from my mid section and it's not as noticeable when i'm wearing my normal clothes since i never really worse form fitting tops. the only people who are noticing are people at the gym because i wear more form fitting stuff there.
  • boydm1
    boydm1 Posts: 1
    Keep up the good work.
  • kyriggs77
    kyriggs77 Posts: 20 Member
    Good Post...
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    People are JUST starting to notice for me, in the past week or 2.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Sometimes it is awkward to comment- hey have you lost weight (ie: cause you sure needed to!) Remember this is for you not them!

^^^^ This. There are two things you never, EVER say to a woman, even a woman you know.

1. Anything related to weight loss at all, including "hey, have you lost weight?" because it implies that you needed to in the first place.

2. "When are you due?" <-- unless you see an actual baby emerging from the woman's body at that exact moment.
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 83 Member
    BUMP FOR LATER