Julian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Dont buy it its all on YouTube, save yourself some pennies, i am on my second day and don't feel any different. Will let you know how i got on in future if you want to add me
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi there,

Ive been doing it since the 1st May and I am already in a group but I thought I'd let you know that all 3 levels are on you tube. If you search "JILLIAN MICHAELS LEVEL X" and obviously replace the X with 1,2 or 3, they will come up. They are foreign but you can still copy the moves and do the work out without having to buy the DVD!

x
  • Aroma0119
    Aroma0119 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on day 3 and so far so good. Yesterday was a little more tough, the exercising was fine, it was the intense cramping that happened immediately following. BUT that said, I'm feeling great today! I am determined to complete the 30 days in a row giving myself 2 days of rest when needed most. I'm looking forward to the satisfaction of completing this workout challenge and have given myself some motivators to try and keep accountable. My goal is to give myself a little weekend trip after completing the 30 days and if I miss even 1 day (except for the 2 freebie days) I won't give myself that trip.

What are you doing to stay motivated and excited about completing the challenge?
  • kkleesmama
    kkleesmama Posts: 13
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow, I'll add you and we can push each other to keep it up, I heard it's pretty intense.
  • cinderwolfeh
    Options
    I bought this a while ago and got to about day 7 then quit. But I was planning on starting today. However my legs are excrusiatingly sore from my first run yesterday so I think I will just do some Yoga today as a kinda cool down and stretch out day. But definitly starting this up again, jsut not daily liek suggested.
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I know how to set up a group so I will do that and send you all an invite. It might help by providing a central place to check in, motivate etc.:smile:
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I started Monday and boy oh boy I feel it!

She has this part where she says "I know you want to stop this dvd right now but you you got to keep pushing..." ( or something in that effect). And everytime I hear her say that, I'm like "if only you knew!" I've been tempted to shut the dvd off, but I'm determined. Besides, it's only 20min. What will 20min do? (or so I thought...)
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I just set up a group and sent invites to you all. Please let me know if you don't get one - I may have typed an error in your username or missed someone on the list - See you there hopefully! Lets push each other through this!
  • timmiegirl
    timmiegirl Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on Day 8 (or I will be tonight after the kids are in bed) and the first 4 days I could hardly walk but then on day 5 I woke up almost pain free. I haven't seen a huge loss on the scale but in just 1 week my clothes are fitting so much better and I can do almost everything without taking a break. I have really bad knees (lax joints)and the jumping jacks were so hard at first but I think the muscles are strengthing and stabilizing my knee joints :) Can I please be added to the group even though I'm a little ahead?
  • kristenetc
    kristenetc Posts: 11
    Options
    i just did day 1, level 1. what did any of you log it as in your exercise diary on mfp?? i called it "circuit training - general" but i'm not sure if that's the closest thing.
  • Spence711
    Spence711 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have her workout DVDS. Just to let you know she is hard core. I have to stop many times to catch my breath or my arms are killing me, but the more you work out with her the easier it will get.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tonight when i get home. Add me....
  • Goo_maria2
    Goo_maria2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started it 30 days ago, Great work out, have seen lil results and i eat healthy!! Not sure what is my issue :(
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    i just did day 1, level 1. what did any of you log it as in your exercise diary on mfp?? i called it "circuit training - general" but i'm not sure if that's the closest thing.
    I've been wondering the same thing... at least until I pick up my HRM then I'll be able to have a more accurate account of the time/cals burned.
    Hey,
    Any one wanna do a Julian Michaels 30 Day Shred support group? I am looking at buying it this friday.
    I have several beach body DVDS but they are way to hard core for me right now...
    Add me if you have done it or want to do it.
    Love that they are under 30 mins!
    :heart: :laugh:
    Is this an off the main boards group to join? If so I'd love to tag along to have others to be able to relate too!!

Thanks, would love the support!:flowerforyou:
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 4 of level 1 for me. The first 3 days were killer, but I'm going to stick with it as I want to see results! If it's not too late I'd love to be added to the group.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump. never fails...sit down to write something and the kiddo's go berserk. will write more in a few!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had started then overdid it and hurt my lower back. I am praying I can start again on Monday. 5/14
  • sandpapertongue
    Options
    I am on day 3. I would love to be part of your group. My thighs are killing me more than anything else. It'll be so worth it though.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    if you figure out how to do the group let me know how to join !! :smooched:
    Me too. Just bought it today plan to start next week when I don't have a sik I'd to deal with.
  • fullagrace
    fullagrace Posts: 75
    Options
    I finished day 15 today. I have only lost one pound which is very annoying esp since I am also eating low carb. However, I did measure myself today for the first time since I started and I have lost 1 inch in my waist and hips so far. I am hoping to lose 2.5 - 3 total during the 30 days. I dont think that's unrealistic for me to hope for since Levels 2 and 3 are harder than level 1.

I have been doing it pretty much everyday except I skipped 2 days when I got home crazy late.

I plan to stick with it till the end and I hope I get even better results. Its hard to stay motivated everyday but I keep looking up threads and before and after pics and it helps me. Hang in there guys. I am by no means fit. I just do the best I can do each day. Push yourself and you will see results.