Plus size woman clothes

Options

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I've actually found a LOT of my cute stuff at Goodwill. Don't be afraid to go thrift shopping! It's cheap and great when you know you're going to be losing more weight anyway.
    I recommend going a couple times a week and check different locations too. It's worth it :D

I second this. When I was finally forced to replace all of my jeans (they seriously wouldn't stay up, even with a belt), I got four new pairs at Value Village for under $40, and all of them were either brand new or close to new. Same with work pants. I actually found a pair of Eddie Bauer pants that still had the tags on, for $6.99.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Check ebay also. I got a lot of brand new stuff still with labels cheap.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

:noway: whaaaa?? Awesome!

I do second Goodwill. I have found plenty of cute things for cheap. :)
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Depends on your area. I shop plus size shop online http://www.onestopplus.com/ if you have time to wait for delievery.
    Otherwise, I like Kato, Deb, Dress Barn if they have a sale.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I've actually found a LOT of my cute stuff at Goodwill. Don't be afraid to go thrift shopping! It's cheap and great when you know you're going to be losing more weight anyway.
    I recommend going a couple times a week and check different locations too. It's worth it :D

I actually love Goodwill! I can always usually find shirts that are really cute that fit me, but I have a hard time finding pants.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Catos is good, Fashion Bug is okay.

I've been buying a lot of my stuff from JC Penney. It's cute and reasonably priced. About 75% of the price of Torrid and LB.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Kohls always has sales and/or coupons. Goodwill. TJMaxx/Marshalls - I got my fave Columbia hiking pants there for like $15 (online they're at least $80!!), and that's the only item of clothing I'm sad about being too big for me! lol
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

And then of course there is the Old Navy Plus online store. And Gap and Old Navy go on sale a lot.

I have found some stuff in Old Navy that has been XXL that fit but never pants. I have yet to order anything off line. I am so scared to order offline because I am afraid it is not going to fit. My shirt sizes fluctuate. But I guess worst case scenario is to send it back, right? :)
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Thrift stores.
    That's what I did.
    Went from an 18 to a 4. Definitely saved myself money.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Ebay.
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Thanks, ladies, for all the good ideas!!
  • srriley66
    srriley66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find alot of things at Fashion Bug. Very reasonable compared to Torrid and Lane Bryant. i also have good luck in the clearence racks at The Avenue. The Avenue also has a lot of specials!!!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try Dots too. Their clothes are super cheap and you won't feel as bad getting rid of them when you transition to smaller sizes!!
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options

Whaaaaat?? I didn't know forever21 had a plus size section! Heaven.

I didn't know this either thought it was for the thin mints :laugh: Now my hubby is screwed just found myself a new clothing store lol ohhh boy
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm shopping mostly at thrift stores until I reach my ideal weight. Otherwise, I shop the clearance racks and different stores. I also have a few dresses that I can't imagine not wearing so I am going to have those taken in.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Whaaaaat?? I didn't know forever21 had a plus size section! Heaven.

I didn't know this either thought it was for the thin mints :laugh: Now my hubby is screwed just found myself a new clothing store lol ohhh boy

Hahahahah!!! I love this. Thin Mints! I am so glad you guys posted about Forever 21. I love that store and always wanted to shop there. Yay!!!
  • betsymill
    betsymill Posts: 25
    Options

I agree! I've had people make flattering comments about my clothes and ask where I got them. They're shocked when I say Goodwill. Hey, you can't go wrong with nice clothes for $3.99.......just sayin. :)
  • gorgeousblueiis
    gorgeousblueiis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can try The FashionBug
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    My faves are Old Navy, Target and I like Cato, too. :)
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like Ross & the VF outlet if I am buying new. I have purchased most of my "transition clothes" second hand. Consignment stores, thrift stores, etc. I have also done some clothing "swaps" with other people I know who are losing weight. I also sell my old clothes to make my money back when I buy new.