Any Wonen Motorcyle rider out here

Options

Replies

• TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    I forgot to add my bike info!

My husband just bought me this bike in April. He rocks. First bike ever! whoo hoo!

2006 Yamaha Virago 250 :heart:
  • txwomyn
    txwomyn Posts: 36
    Options
    I have had many bikes over the yeras at least 7 different bikes. My current 2 wheel ride beleave it or not is a honda pcx 125 scooter.
    And I love it for getting to work and riding around town. I love it even more at the gas pump. I get 110 miles to the gallon.

Sometime I miss my motorcycle. But for know I am happy with my scooter.

Happy riding and Stay Safe
  • TinaTurtlez
    Options
    When we were looking for bikes for me last year I fell in love with a Honda Shadow. Fit just right and super comfy. I now ride a Yamaha and still comfy and love it. It's a 250 as this is my first bike, and I can't wait to upgrade to at least a 750 for the pick up and go. For now, I am way content and love it.
  • TinaTurtlez
    Options
    Awesome idea! How do we go about that?
  • TinaTurtlez
    Options
    I am a Yamaha Virago chick too! lol I am riding a 2006/250. First bike and love it!
  • greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We should make this into a group!! :drinker:

GREAT IDEA
    We did - see women riders group
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Awesome idea! How do we go about that?
    we opened a group - Women riders - join us
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've just been thinking about riding to work. I have an 04 Low Rider which I've bonded with very well. I got so caught up in the moment that I forgot to pay attention to all the details. I'm a bit of a spaz so there was some general concern for my safety, but apparently I spaz to the left when I need to. HAPPY RIDE!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I've been riding a Yamaha Virago 250 for a year. You gals should check out the TwoWheelFemale forums, my SN over there is Chem Chick. Lots of female riders from beginner to experienced, great for advice and finding riding buddies :)
    Another Virago rider :love:
    I ride a Virago 535, love it.
  • 6swolcott
    6swolcott Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2002 HD fatboy, got my liscense two years ago, ive ridden to Conn, and MI and this June taken a ride to Conn again, from GA. I also ride two up with hubby
  • seasons01
    seasons01 Posts: 14
    Options
    When I was in high school I rode on my boyfriends bike.. once for a good long ride up north and back. I loved loved it. .... later in life after we met up again... got married... had kids...etc... my FIL came down to watch the kids.... we took a night ride around around the city. I couldn't stand it and was freaked out the whole time.

Is this normal?? I told dh I wanted a trike instead... that was a couple of years ago... now I am not looking at all. I don't know why thing changed. My ds who is autistic loves to take rides with daddy. And after MIL pasted away FIL got a bike too..with a side car. They both have Yamaha Ventures now.

I hope someday I get the nerve up to get on a bike again. I'm assuming it will be after my kids are grown when things change and need to find something to keep me busy??

I think it is cool there are so many women riders!!! :O)
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Been riding with Hubby for about 28 years now, had lots of bikes over the years but he kept the 97 Fatboy with the custom pearl white and burgundy paint job. Love it, he tried to teach me to ride about 25 years ago, I was like 21 and almost ran into a wall and since then he won't let me get my license. I mean come on, I was young and that was a looooong time ago.

Would love to ride on my own, my sister in law rides, my other sister in law was killed in 2009 in a motorcycle accident and then her husband, my brother in law was in an accident a year later and lost his leg. Very sad but at the same time, i love still motorcycles! :glasses:
    My brother was killed years ago in a bike accident.
    If I were you, I'd sign up for a motorcycle riders class to learn properly. If you have the itch - SCRATCH IT!!
    Join us on the Group Forum for Women Riders
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It is that season and just wanted to chat and see how many of women ride a Motorcycle. Would love to chat about it.
    Melanie - jump over to the Group Forum - Women Riders group
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Me, me...
    I have a 2003 kawasaki Vulcan classic 800, fully customized! You?
    Join us in the Group Forum - Women Riders group
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    We should make this into a group!! :drinker:

GREAT IDEA
    We're a group! Check out the Group Forum - Women Riders - join us
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes mam, ride a 2000 huggy I call Lil Pearl. Love it best thing in the world to leave all your cares behind. :happy:
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    Please add me. I ride a sportster (nightster) 1200.. just started back last year after giving it up when I got pregnant 14 years ago.
    Check out our Group Forum - Women Riders
  • greeneyes191
    Options
    ME!!!! I am on my 3rd bike can't decide what I like best. I started with a Honda Rebal 250 that only lasted a year and I wanted something bigger. Moved to a Suzuki Katana Loved it and loved the speed but was tooooo heavy for me weighed 520 pounds so now I have a Honda Shadow really like it but really miss the get up and go of the Katana
    Join us on the Women Riders Group Forum
  • ms_luciana
    ms_luciana Posts: 11
    Options
    Been riding street bikes since 2005.. currently have a GSXR 600 :)
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    Im going thru the driving course the end of june. Any pointers lol. Im 53 years old and Im going to let my hair down. Im nerveous of course but Im hoping the course will help with that. MY son just gave me a Yamaha burnt orange nice bike so Im going to give it a shot. He is taking out this weekend to practice. I think the clutch is going to be my downfall.

You can do this! I got my license last year at 42! Started with a Yamaha 250, upgraded to a V-Star 1100 Custom that I bought originally. Starting on the smaller bike was key - and I agree with the above posters - I rode our high school parking lot first, then all the back roads here in NH before I felt comfortable. My husband used to ride behind me in the truck with the kids - for hours! I still don't know how he did it without having a heart attack at every stop/turn.

Best part about moving up to the bigger bike - smoother clutch, better brakes and throttle control.

Most important lessons learned:

1. Look (and turn your head) where you want the bike to go
    2. Counter steering is more intuitive than you think - you do it naturally on a bicycle - and you don't learn it on a little bike that's really nimble - you'll notice it once you get to the bigger, longer, heavier bikes
    3. A little rear brake in a tight turn helps reduce your turning radius and stabilizes the bike in the turn
    4. When starting out up-hill, use the rear brake to keep the bike from rolling backwards while you ease out the clutch and get on the throttle
    5. Even braking is key on any stop - I never use just the front brake

Best of luck and enjoy the ride everyone!

11894292.png