Hubby's weight = my weight :(

Options
So it finally happened...my husband who is two-three inches taller than me weighs the same as me. He had always been between 10 to 20 lbs heavier than me but not anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do if he weighs less than me. I swore that I would never let that happen. I just started losing weight (again) but I keep starting strong and then quitting and going right back to where I started...he has been on a steady decline...it's so simple for him...just don't eat. PFFT! Stress eating is my thing and there's been more than enough stress going around.

Anyone else struggle with a significant other that weighs the same or less than you?

Replies

• jodibrox
    jodibrox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is very frustrating. My dh just has to stop drinking Mountain Dew and he can lose 10 lbs. Seriously????? I count my calories, exercise several times a week and cant get the scale to budge!!!!

I think I have decided to quit getting on the scale. It is just frustrating me. Instead I will measure my success by the miles I put on the treadmill and the days that I stay within my calorie goal!

Good luck to you!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    My husband is 13 INCHES TALLER than me, and at my heaviest I was 40 lbs more than him. I feel the pain. (in my defense, my husband is a bean-pole and is very self conscious about being called skinny)
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am 5'5 and my hubby is 5'8 and I am 40 pound heavier than he is. It really sucks but I am determined to be way smaller than him within the next year.

Good Luck. (((HUGS)))

Jen
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Been there - done that! I used to weigh more than my hubby... only by a few punds but it drove me absolutely crazy!!!! He would stop drinking pop for a few days and drop lbs... he would weigh himself every day and for whatever reason give me an update on his weight LOL... (He isn't big so I am not too concerned about his weight)

I started to ignore it.... "That's nice hunny"... and move on! I am now almost 20lbs lighter than him! MMMWWWahahahahaha!!!

Focus on YOU ... You will get there I promise! =) One day at a time!
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My current love interest (we aren't together yet) weighs 7 pounds less than me and I weigh 2 pounds more than my DAD. Used to be 10-20 more, lol

You're not alone.

First goal - 174 so I can beat them both.
  • CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to create my own thread for this today!!! My husband and I started dating when we were 15 years old, we are exactly the same height 5'6, He weighed 150 pounds (and all muscle) and I had my little 100 pound ballerina figure. As we got older he stopped working out and got skinny, I stopped dancing and got a desk job and got fat. At my heaviest (right after we got married this past September) I was about 162. He suffered a heel injury at work and had lost even more weight because of sitting on a couch and not eating because of the pain killers. So at my heaviest point, he went all the way down to 125. That is a HUGE difference. Hes trying to put weight back on and im trying to lose. I struggle really bad with being so much bigger than him. Thats what makes me feel fat. I do not look terrible but definitely need to lose a few pounds, and everyone always tells me I look fine but the fact that he is smaller than me makes me feel ENORMOUS. It probably my biggest insecurity is being bigger than him. If anyone has advice, I'll take it as well...
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    My wife out weighed me for a day. She hasn't missed a day in the gym since. So we both started losing weight she has lost over 20 and mine is on the ticker.
  • Aquafly
    Aquafly Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 213. My husband is 6' tall and weighs 188.
    I'm hoping this will change. :(
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i cant wait till i weigh less than my wife ...... prolly never happen but i can try?
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm 5'4" and weigh 189.
    My husband is 5'3" and weighs 129.
    Sigh.
    Skinny little punk.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never weighed more than my hubby but I was creeping up! When I hit 200 (he was 250), I decided - enough! Now I am almost 100 pounds lighter than him and feeling strong. You can do it!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My SO weighs just under 160, and I'm just notching under 150. He's about 6 inches taller than I am. We're both working to lose some weight, but I just know that at the rate he loses versus me, it will only be a matter of time before I weigh more than him. I know it's not a reflection on me, but it's hard for me to face. As silly as this sounds, I don't want to be the chubby girlfriend to the tall, skinny boyfriend.

Maybe I should get him working on some strength training so he can gain a few lbs, muwaha.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my boyfriend is an inch or two taller than me on a good day, and he weighs roughly 30 pounds less than me. I remember in college when he'd go to donate plasma for cash, he'd have to put massive amounts of quarters in his pockets to meet the 150-pound requirement. GAH. I don't think I'll ever weigh less than him, because even when I was anorexic, he still weighed less than me!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. My boyfriend and I can wear the same clothes and I outweigh him by about 40 lbs and he is 2 inches taller than me.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My hubby has weighed less that me since the day we met. He's a few inches taller than me, but our shapes or so different I dont even care. He has these thin little legs and carries all his weight in his upper body. I'm more evenly proportioned. But the mutual attraction is there, so who cares! :) Soon we will both weigh less than our hubbies though, right? RIGHT!!!
  • zambodiare
    zambodiare Posts: 62
    Options
    My husband weight 40 pounds less than me when we got together. We married and I gained about 28 pounds....but at least he also gained. I've lost 34 pounds so far, but he lost too!!! Now he's still 30 pounds less then me!! It's mind boggling. He didn't even do any excercising or anything to lose. It was just me changing our meals to accomodate my change. D'OH!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    it happens, and sometimes we need to get over it..i get where you are coming from, but you should not be competing :noway:
    i was always heavier than my hubby, and i still am, and may never be smaller than him
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Not a significant other, but I live with my parents (I'm 21 and work on their farm) and my dad weighs who is 7" taller then me and a lot more muscular then me weighs the same as me, sometimes less. I used to weigh about 40 lbs more then him, which was one of my eye openers.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    that was me and my husband...got my *kitten* in gear and now its more like 36-37 pounds difference, me being lighter. It can change, you have to be that change :) good luck to you
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i weighed more than hubby when we got together(i was 15)! :cry: he is now a little heavier and i put on a ton and a half...give it a few more months i wil be less again YAY :drinker: