Ladies, TOM products and exercise? Possible TMI.

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
Hello lovely fitness ladies! I have a question, it's a bit icky but I just have to see if someone has the same problem and/or a solution.

I've been working out during TOM even though I get killer cramps. The problem I've been having is actually which, uh, products to use. I can't exercise in pads because it's way too uncomfortable. But am I the only one who finds that tampons don't always, erm, "do their job" during exercise?

I'll go to shower after a good workout and see that my underwear are totally stained... ugh. I'm tired of exercising during TOM meaning that I have to hand-scrub my underwear every day. It's gross, it's time consuming, and I'm lazy.

Does anyone else have this problem? Have you found a specific brand that works better than others for exercise? Please do share.

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using a panty liner along with a tampon? The liner is much thinner then a pad would be but ti would still protect your panties from staining. I've never tried them but the Playtex Sport are supposed to be good for active women.
  • rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    use a bigger tampon and pad?
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    Diva cup! I've used one for years and haven't had an issue.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Love me my tampons, and have not had issues with them during exercise....
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I agree with the panty liner/tampon combo

Or a Diva Cup (though, if you're grossed out by hand-scrubbing your underwear that might be too much for you lol)
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Even the thin pads are uncomfortable?
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    The diva cup. I just started to use it and it works so good! It makes a suctioned type seal so you won't leak! I do use a liner when I'm feeling a little insecure that day but that's about it.
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Diva Cup all the way!!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEE Always Infinity!! The best pads EVER! I buy the "overnight" ones, since they are longer. They are super, super thin and comfortable.

http://www.always.com/infinity/always_infinity.jsp
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Ha! Relieved (and surprised) to see other DC users :P
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can one use two tampons at once, and maybe tie the strings together?
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Make sure you change tampons right before your workout, shouldn't be a problem. I use the ones specifically for "sporty" women or whatever and I havent' had a problem :)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Diva Cup. Fabulous invention!!! However, I've never had a problem with leakage when using tampons either.
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ha! Relieved (and surprised) to see other DC users :P

Funny, me too! Since I switched to it I have never, ever gone back and never, ever will!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to super size those tampons.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but can one use two tampons at once, and maybe tie the strings together?

I use 3 and braid the strings.

I agree with the tampon/panty liner combination.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    A You by Kotex liner is super thin so I'd recommend that with a more absorbent tampon just for when you're working out.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I assume you're using the highest absorbancy. You could take a break & change your tampon before you leak.

But if your flow is too much for that you should see your Dr.
  • JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Diva Cup!!! Been using for 5 years, can't imagine life without it!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

:noway: