Women, do your standards change

Options
sktllmdrhmz
sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
based on the age guy you're looking at? Do the older guys get cut any six pack slack? Does an older guy who is super fit stand a significantly higher chance of getting noticed?

Replies

• MeliciousGibson
    Options
    Do my "standards" change based on age - absolutely not. Do I cut older guys some slack? Of course! I would hope they'd do the same for me - I'm not as skinny as I was when I was in my teens and 20's. Although I'm much HEALTHIER than I was then because I eat right and exercise regularly.

Does an older guy who is super fit stand a significantly higher chance of getting noticed? - ANY super-fit guy has a higher chance of getting noticed! But any good looking guy stands a higher chance of getting noticed!

For the record - younger guys that are built/ripped are almost automatically dismissed by me since in my experience they tend to fall in the category of "meat head" for me. Yes, that's me being judgemental based on past experiences. Older built/ripped guys aren't as easily dismissed.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I really don't judge anyone based on how much they weigh or do not weigh. I wouldn't date someone who was morbidly obese because I don't want the extra stress of wondering if they are going to have a heart attack. I tend to date guys 30-38, and I don't consider that old enough to need some slack cut..haha.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i have no standards.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My standards are pretty high, that being said I believe attractiveness takes many forms. And as long as a man carries well what he has, hakuna matata =)
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It is all about brains for me first and if you have a great body to go with it then all the better!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people based on their looks period. I know, sounds crazy, but unless their weight poses a health risk I really couldn't care less.
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    i have no standards.

LOL
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm probably not the best person to answer this because I've been with the same person for the last 5 years and plan on marrying him one day so I really don't have any standards for other people at all lol. However, age is important to me only in that I want someone who is close to my age, 2 years older max (and we're only 7months apart). Secondly, I am so not picky at all when it comes to fitness. My fiance isn't in shape at all. He's average sized with a little belly. It doesn't bother me at all. His personality and his looks (face, style, etc) were what attracted me to him in the beginning!
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have no standards.

this... but only because I am married and don't look anymore. lol
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    My standards have always been treat me nice, and lets laugh and love life together.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    if a guy is older than 40 and has a ripped *kitten* body, hands DOWN the pants... wait, no, def get noticed. younger guys it's just easier for them, same as old hags like me. :smokin:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, when I meet a man, he's wearing clothes, so I wouldn't have a clue if he has a six pack. I notice faces first and then personality, so physical appearance really isn't much of an issue for me. I've been that way my whole life.

And a guy who may not be very physically attractive to me at first can eventually become so once I get to know him. On the flip side, a man who is very attractive to me can begin to look very ugly once I get to know him.
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hehhe... I'm not sure why I just found this topic so amusing.

But no, my standards don't change depending on age :p

LOL @ PapaverSomnif
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've never been out with anyone with a six pack. They're nice to drool over when they're being paraded about in movies but in real day to day life most of the guys I've ever met are a bit squidgy round the middle lol. My other half doesn't have a six pack but he's still gorgeous and I love him =)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i have no standards.

I :heart: U
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Older guys ROCK :drinker: They get a pass just cause they are older :flowerforyou:

That's all :love:
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    I've never been out with anyone with a six pack. They're nice to drool over when they're being paraded about in movies but in real day to day life most of the guys I've ever met are a bit squidgy round the middle lol. My other half doesn't have a six pack but he's still gorgeous and I love him =)

I have, and I took so much of his crap cuz as soon as he took his shirt off I forgot what we were fighting about :happy:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've never really thought about it before, I think it would depend on how much older the guy was. But since I will admit to wanting the guy to be within about 4 maybe 5 yrs of my age (preferably older rather than younger) for me to want anything more than a dance partner or friend I would say the amount of slack I cut is going to be based off how he carries himself, how he treats me, and his status (i.e. divorced with kids, how many hours he works a week, etc.).
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I've never been with anyone who has a six pack either but it doesn't really bother me at all cause a guy with a good personality is way better looking in my book
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My standards are fairly high and don't change as far as I am aware of based on the guys age. I think they are the same for any guy within the age range I would date.