INSANITY - Support Group

Options

Replies

• aprilabbott0803
    Options
    Insanity is great! I have some of my co-wokers doing this with me at school once the kids leave and that is helping us stay on track!
  • chooly
    chooly Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Insanity. I read somewhere that the "swollen" feeling is your body building up fluids around your muscles to protect them. Thats why you may have weight gain in those 2 weeks. After that it should go away and the weight should drop off.

I'm on week 3 and have lost about 4 lbs (on a good day) and have found my appetite has dropped drastically. I eat about 1200 calories, but I'm wondering if I need more to see better results or if I'm good.

I would love to have support! Please feel free to add me and we can get through this together!
  • ttate002
    ttate002 Posts: 54
    Options
    My subject header sounds so sad, but not meant to be!

I am on day 4 of insanity and just finished Pure Cardio this morning. Shaun T is right, that *kitten* was BANANAS!

I know I need a support group, so If you feel like you do too, please join this group!

I did have a question:

My body feels.. swollen? large? Does that make sense? My entire body is sore, in places I didn't think existed. Will this 'swelling' feeling go away eventually? I'm assuming after all of the intense workouts to come, my body has to acclimate, right? please say yes.
    I know I am not eating enough - I track my calories and I barely hit 1200, however, I'm not hungry, do I really need to eat more?

Thanks y'all!

Today is my 4th day and at first I was eating a little over 1500 calories. I got dizzy and nauseated, so I ate more. Even if you aren't hungry just try to get in a protein shake between meals or greek yogurt, hand full of nuts, or cottage cheese. Those are things that won't make you feel bloated. I am not used to eating this much, but I do not want to pass out, be sick, or get burn out because it is tough. The only parts on my body that are sore are my calves (they hurt like hell) and back (but it's much better today).
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity, and have def had that swollen feeling...especially in my calves. This is my second time doing the program. To ward off soreness and swelling this time I have been walking or jogging at least 1-2 miles after I finish each workout, at least everyother day. The walking helps release any fluid build up, and also gives you some extra cardio to boot! If you have enough energy and time afterwards (15-20mins) i would suggest giving it a try. I have crazy energy after insanity (month 1 at least :ohwell: ) so the added cardio just helps that much more...
  • jenessae
    jenessae Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm on week 1 day 4, I've heard day 5 is tough...kinda scared. My whole body feels like it's been hit by a truck. I'm exhausted. I have increased my calorie intake. It's hard to get them all in but I try to space out smaller meals and add snacks. Protein is key and water, have a hard time drinking enough!
  • beckey8209
    beckey8209 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am really considering purchasing the Insanity but I just have one question. Do it really work and where? Are you stronger or lean or maybe both?
  • chooly
    chooly Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started and it is totally worth it. Im only 18 days in and already my confidence is up and my waist size is down. I only wish I had Shakelogy, but the price is too much for me. Into week 3, and I got on the scale this morning and 3 lbs dissapeared. Makes me wonder if my scale is broken ?? :)
  • thevilrace
    thevilrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on the end of week 3 and you def have the swollen feeling. I also read the fluid build up thing to (after i freaked out because i had gained 2 lbs) I follow the calorie intake myfitnesspal has set for me very strict and never exceed. I actually love doing insanity!! KEEP YOU HEADS UP EVERYONE! I scream "bathingsuit bathingsuit" repeatedly when i want to quit during the workout, it seems to be helping.
  • rydin_high17
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Today is day 1 for Insanity. My fit test was sooo bad! I completed a Spartan Race in March so now when I want to quit, I remember that I completed the most insane race. I am not fast yet am consistent.

Let's help each other succeed!
  • niarchos
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just came across this message board which is great as I really need motivation and inspiration. I am on week 3 of Insanity. I promised myself I would not weigh myself but I caved and realized I have gained 2 lbs. Most of the reviews of people on this say this are shedding weight. I track my calories so I know I am not eating over what I should. I have been giving this all I have. I have only skipped the recovery workouts as I have to teach a muscle fit class at my work on this day. I have also found that I find it almost more difficult to get through the workouts this week than I did on the first week. I generally do the workouts at 6:15am and cannot eat beforehand. Any advice, help, words of wisdom would be most helpful.
  • darwin10431043
    Options
    hello everyone just finished week 1 of insanity and im so sore just finished the workout and i can barely stand without getting my foot sore by walking does this mean that im not ready for inanity yet i need some help to know after about the first 3- min i feel like im going through hell and back please help
  • krorvik
    krorvik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i am on week 4 of insanity.. and yes its insane but its so much fun. the soreness goes away but you just have to keep pushing yourself. its an awesome workout. and yes you need to increase your calorie intake for this type of intense workout. Keep pushing everyone.
  • pinky02012
    Options
    Hi there,
    In need of support So please add me as a buddy so we can help one another.:smooched:
  • Raya1980
    Options
    I did Insanity for a month and got very bored with, plus I wasn't seeing results. After that I started doing the work out the day from spartanrace.com since I was training for my first Tough Mudder and began dropping 1-2 lbs a week. Insanity is a good work if you just want to be able to do more squat jumps or push up jacks in a minute.
  • kbermeo07
    Options
    Hi I'm week 3 into insanity and looking for buddies... Also looking for success stories !!
  • Packer_Hotty
    Options
    Love Insanity!
  • TheSelks
    Options
    Hi folks, I just started insanity two days ago and it is absolutely destroying me so far. I'm pretty drastically out of shape and haven't done anything like this in a long time, so each day it is leaving me a broken mess on the floor. Just wondering what the rest of you are putting it through as on your exercise section for MyFitnessPal? I can't really find anything suitable for it.
  • esna13
    esna13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I've just started insanity on monday, starting day 3 today so also looking for buddies and success stories.

Current BMI is 25.44 so wanting to lose weight and tone up! Have tried various diets over the years but the problem being when I stop and the weight creeps back on! So I decided to attack it from another angle this time and that exercise was the way to go with a balanced diet not stopping myself from having anything i want.

Considering the protein shakes and recovery shakes? Does anyone have any advice!

Look forward to hearing from ya's!

A :)
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hi all!! this is my 4th week of insanity... i've dropped 3 lbs & 2.5 inches on my waist, 2.5 on my hips, .5 inches on each arm, 2.5 inches on each leg... i'm a little terrified of month 2 but looking forward to the results.... feel free to add me for support (just include a message about insanity so I know to accept you!)
  • jward0706
    jward0706 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started insanity Monday to. So day 3 today. I did it two years ago and lost 30 pounds and almost 15 inches of my whole body. It's a great workout but hard. Feel free to add me.