NSV!!! LIFTING RESULTS... HUBBY COMPLIMENTS...

Options

Replies

• amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! what a great success! Congrats! I need to start doing a little bit of lifting. Just don't know where to start. time to do some research!

Start low. Test the weights before you start. Do a couple of reps. If it seems too heavy, then lower the weight, if it seems to light then up the weight. You should be able to get 10-15 reps with the last couple being difficult to push out. Look online for research. youtube as some pretty good workout videos. Also try bodybuilding.com. I still have to look into that one, but I've heard good things. The trainer that I'm shadowing uses that one for ideas. :D
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! You look awesome! Keep it up. I just started adding wieghts too, so this a great insperation.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! :)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    ohhh shapely, well done!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic!! And the hubby's compliment is the DOUBLE icing on the cake!! GOOD FOR YOU!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    you look AWESOME! :drinker:
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! And girl don't dislike your bottom half, people pay money and get injections to have that kind of build. A nice butt its worth it's weight in GOLD...Congrats!:happy:
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Look at you!!!! You look incredible!!
  • peanutbutterfish
    Options
    I agree you look more confident. I think that's probably more important than what your husband thinks.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! And holla at your peacock tank! I have one too! :happy:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go.

I have really been wanting to start lifting heavy but would really like to get the help of a trainer at first so I don't hurt my self lol. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • amymarie8709
    Options
    i am 191ibs and need to lose about 50lbs, how did you get started please

I started just watching my caloric intake at first. Just logging EVERYTHING I ate for the first couple of weeks to see where I was at. Then, I lowered/raised and adjusted as needed. Experiment and see what works best for you. Just make sure that you are eating at your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). That is the amount of calories your body requires to function properly...to keep your heart beating and all your organs working (without working out). Listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs!!!

Remember: NO ONE is the same!!!!!! What worked for me probably won't work for anyone else. You need to find what works for you. I LOVE LIFTING!! That's what works for me. If you wanna walk, then WALK. Lifting does work better for toning and building muscle, but if you're not ready for that, then don't do it. I'm not going to tell anyone exactly what to do, because ONLY YOU know what YOUR body needs.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and I love how big everyone's eyes get when they lose weight.
  • amymarie8709
    Options
    WTG, You look super great! I have to wait until next month to get my gym membership so I can start heavy lifting and seeing your results just confirms to me that heavy lifting is "the answer"! June 1st here I come.
    That's awesome!!! I look forward to seeing your results!!!!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! you look amazing!! your my new inspiration!!
  • amymarie8709
    Options
    Wow! Way to go.

I have really been wanting to start lifting heavy but would really like to get the help of a trainer at first so I don't hurt my self lol. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:

make sure you connect with the trainer. You'll see better results that way. I posted a blog yesterday about it. Check it out!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    you look amazing :smile:
  • unknownat34
    unknownat34 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are Beautiful from the start ( you really do carry your weight well), but I'm sure u feel so much better now!! Awesome job.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! congrats on your journey...
  • BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!