Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It's no one's gawddamned business. :angry:
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just hate when people judge me based on how I do things. People always get on me about everything - how I do dishes, how I play WoW,... I don't want people looking at my food diary and saying "you need to do this" or "only idiots do that".

Recently though I just unlocked it. But if people get snippy with me about what's in it I'm gonna lock it again!

I LOVE WOW, lol! I just signed back up for it the other day after a lengthy hiatus. Waiting patiently for the pandas.

Another Azerothian here. haha. Came back after a year of not playing. (Been off and on since 2006.) I'm not too sure how I feel about the pandas. And now I read that achievements are going to be account-wide rather than character-based...? I don't know how I feel about that. Getting a mount at 20 was ridiculous enough, but I guess I'm an old-timer :P

I've been playing since just shortly after the initial release of the game. Lots of changes over the years... Pandas are going to be an interesting addition, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I just hate when people judge me based on how I do things. People always get on me about everything - how I do dishes, how I play WoW,... I don't want people looking at my food diary and saying "you need to do this" or "only idiots do that".

Recently though I just unlocked it. But if people get snippy with me about what's in it I'm gonna lock it again!

I LOVE WOW, lol! I just signed back up for it the other day after a lengthy hiatus. Waiting patiently for the pandas.

Another Azerothian here. haha. Came back after a year of not playing. (Been off and on since 2006.) I'm not too sure how I feel about the pandas. And now I read that achievements are going to be account-wide rather than character-based...? I don't know how I feel about that. Getting a mount at 20 was ridiculous enough, but I guess I'm an old-timer :P

/raises hand

WoW addict here too! Been playing since launch. I played Rift for the first 6 months it was out too, but got bored with it and stuck with WoW. I am already tired of the Pandas, I guess that's what playing in Beta will get you. The females are cute as Hell though!
  • Broncsoup
    Broncsoup Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is honestly my deterrent. Some people are Nazis about food. You hear, don't eat meat - only eat meat; don't eat bread - eat only whole grain bread - don't eat gluten bread; Watch out for this corn syrup or that sugar, that salt, drink that diet soda or whatever. I frankly think most of this B.S., but if it's working for you then great. I personally eat bread and meat. I love whole grain bread and eat most mornings with butter. Delicious yummy butter. I just count my calories and eat less elsewhere or I make sure I earn those calories at the gym. If I'm over, I take my wife and baby for a walk until I'm back on the right side and we all enjoy the time together and being outside. I don't need some Nazi who read the latest B.S. health article that will probably be proven wrong in the next issue of the same magazine. The "science" of nutrition seems to change all the time. I think the one piece that stays consistent and proved once again by the Twinkies diet guy, is that you need to take in less calories than you burn. If you're doing that, you'll find that "healthy foods" like fruits and vegetables are a lot lower in calories and you can eat a ton of them and be happy.

BTW, these Nazis are probably the same douche bags at the gym going around trying to coach everyone on their technique and what they should or should not be doing.
  • lcarr1020
    lcarr1020 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Becuase they are afraid that everyone will see that they eat cheesecake and twinkies everyday.
    HILARIOUS!!!!!! :laugh:
  • tansygreen
    tansygreen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine - although it might not be that useful to you as I also do a lot of my own recipes.

Also I don't really seem to be losing weight so I must be doing something wrong! Actually; probably a bad idea to look at mine for ideas! He he
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I guess it's because people are doing this for themselves, not for you!

Many people have an open diary because they like the accountability that brings, others like to share what they eat, others like to keep it private so they can be completely honest with logging without feeling as though they are going to be judged.

^^^^^ This :) If people don't like that I don't share my diary, they can choose not to be my friend. I don't see why it matters.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I locked mine one day when I was really embarassed about my menu that day :blushing: . I unlocked it though....
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Some people have food issues.....Ie eating disorders and are trying to sort their *kitten* out. They don't need the opinions that always follow telling them what they already know they are doing wrong

Mine is open but to friends only
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It's their diary, if they choose to keep it locked so be it. If you feel you have something in common with that person or they could be a motivator to you. Then send them a email explaining what your interested in. I have mine closed, it's my business. I didn't log on to this site the first time for people to help me lose weight. I logged on to keep track of my foods and activities. Along the way I became friends with others and have been working it ever since. Over 1 1/2 yrs going strong.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but some folks are more private than others..Good luck..
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked because that is where I keep my valuables. If my house is ever robbed, there is no WAY my precious objet d'art and my millions of dollars worth of jewels will ever be found. It's just common sense!

So THAT'S where you've been keeping the giraffe!!!!
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For me its a (unfortunatly) self conscious thing. :/

I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm afraid people would balk at what my daily calorie goals are and at the days where I'm not so good.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had mine open until people kept sending me messages on every little thing I ate. No matter how healthy I was eating. So I locked it. It's my business anyways!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Mine is locked because that is where I keep my valuables. If my house is ever robbed, there is no WAY my precious objet d'art and my millions of dollars worth of jewels will ever be found. It's just common sense!

Don't tell everyone! :angry:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    it a personal choice. You should do what is going to help you. If you eat it it counts whether someone can see what you eat, whether you write it down or not you still ate it. But if peoples comments will not help you to stay on track then you should probably set it to private
    mine is open because I think I do better with the accountability knowing people can see what I am eating. I do like to see what other people are eating to get ideas though
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    everyone isnt in this for friends, advice, or to give advice. Some use this as a personal tool ONLY.
  • L_amore
    L_amore Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't really thought about it to be honest. I really don't look at peoples food diaries, I know what is good and bad for me as far as eating. So I usually just check the news feed and if people are under their goals, then thats GREAT! The way I see it, is I'm honest with what I log as far as exercise and what I eat (if we're not, we're only cheating ourselves, so open diary or not, to me it doesn't mean anything) as long as I lose weight and inches I'm good... I don't need to see what people are eating, that's their business and only they are accountable for it.... and the scale and inches lost will prove if they are on the right track or not. And people know this, it's common sense. :wink:
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have one friend who decided to lock their diary because she said it let's her be more honest about what she is logging,instead of worrying about what people are thinking when they look at your diary you can be completely honest with yourself without the criticism.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

And the tickets to see Radiohead.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I only had 10 lbs I wanted to lose, but did it, and it wasn't really that tough. Exercise was the key for me. Some days I ate all my allotted calories by lunch, so if I wanted to eat dinner, I had to run to deserve those calories. That's the way I operated, and it worked for me. I had a hard time on the days I didn't exercise, I was very hungry & almost always went over. My diary is open if you wanna peek. Best of luck! I saw this quote on here & really liked it "It isn't easy, but it ain't that hard either!"