Protein Shakes (also, to chug or not to chug?)

Options
13»

Replies

• loriguzy1
    loriguzy1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use an organic whey protein and if i use the chocolate i just use unsweetened almond milk. If i use the vanilla i will use the almond milk plus some blueberries...
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I prefer Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Malt. My ingestion speed varies depending on my mood and schedule.

I love this one with half a banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like to sip mine, so I'm definitely looking forward to testing out some of the top ones from this.
    Thanks!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Chugging depends on how hungry i am :bigsmile: If Im not that hungry I drink casually. I use GNC Amp60 chocolate and sometimes I use Body fortress strawberry. To the chocolate I add 1 tbs of almond butter 1 cup of almond milk 1/2 cup of water ice cubes and if I have them 1/2 frozen banana. To the strawberry I add 1 cup strawberry's and 1/2 cup almond milk water and ice.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drink the slim fast 3-2-1 milk chocolate shake, I simply couldn't afford a giant $9 tub of protein powder and this drink supplies with me other vitamins I am lacking in as well as the carbs, fat, protein, and sodium. It is however, relatively high in sugar. So be aware of that one.

If I mix it together like normal chocolate milk I drink it quickly because small powder pieces don't seem to dissolve entirely from just normal stirring :/ however I now make it into a shake in the blender with a few ice cubes and this way it all blends together smoothly so I can drink it slower.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I seriously cant help but CHUG it down cuz its sooo freaking good

heres an example of a smoothie I make yes u have to blend it :p

1-2 scoops of chocolate whey powder (you can use any kind)
    1/2 cup of soy milk
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    1/2 banana
    1 activia vanilla yogurt
    a few strawberries...
    1 cup of ice
    and INSTANT SEDUCTION IN A GLASS, <3 THIS FREAKIN SMOOTHIE!!! :D
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    This is probably a lame question...but just curious, do you chug your protein shake or drink it casually?

What are some of your favorite protein shake flavors (& who makes it?)

It might be good to remember it doesn't just have to be about the protein powder (particularly if you don't like it). I bought some at Costco not too long ago--Cytosport 100% Whey Protein. It smells like vanilla and coconut, and it would probably be tasty in skim milk, but I'm sensitive to texture, so I tried it in a fruit smoothie. It was the best smoothie I'd ever had. I used a scoop of the powder, 3/4 cup flax milk, a cup of raspberries, half a cup of blackberries, and some ice. I usually sip things over an hour or two, but this was so good I pretty much drank it down.

My main point is, feel free to get creative. You're not limited to drinking it alone with water.
  • bco1158
    bco1158 Posts: 38
    Options
    You guys are awesome!! SO many great posts & new ideas!

This is my first post on MFP and I'm blown away with all the responses! :bigsmile:
  • MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Available at Costco, also available in Vanilla, and they make great 30g protein bars too, but the shakes have 160 cals, while the bars have ~270 cals....

0_27_43_chocolateshake.jpg

http://www.premiernutrition.com/protein-shake.html
  • Cylindad
    Cylindad Posts: 18
    Options
    VISALUS for sure! I drink it like a Frappichino if I am replacing my breakfast. Starbucks Via instant coffee, Vanilla almond milk, ViShape (2 scoops), a little ice. Can't beat that at 140 calories total!

For a recovery drink I just shake up almond milk and vishape in a blender bottle and drink it casually.
  • TiffaniLeigh_Vigor
    Options
    One of my favorites is 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Myofusion Probiotics) blended with black coffee and ice = delicious protein frappuccino. Have a piece of fruit with it for some carbs, especially if it's a post-workout shake. :) Enjoy, don't chug.
  • maksimsmom
    maksimsmom Posts: 11
    Options
    i adore BBV and have never felt better! the one thing about it too is that its not a protein drink really. i mean it has 12 grams of protein, but that is nothing compared to the high protein drinks. what i really love is that BBV is for allover health. i just feel like i have never felt better and have never trained harder. i have tried other protein drinks, but have never loved one as much as body by vi :)
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    i adore BBV and have never felt better! the one thing about it too is that its not a protein drink really. i mean it has 12 grams of protein, but that is nothing compared to the high protein drinks. what i really love is that BBV is for allover health. i just feel like i have never felt better and have never trained harder. i have tried other protein drinks, but have never loved one as much as body by vi :)

That's what I love about it too - I have never felt better!!!! And it makes my life so much easier.