Apple picking before and after photos:

Options
Hey MFP,

My wife and I are very fond of "traditions" so we tend to do alot of the same things from year to year. We don't take alot of pictures unless we are out for a special day with the kids. This makes the weight loss journey interesting because I always have photos of me doing the same things a year ago. Well last week we took the kids apple picking to the same orchard we went to last year. And when I looked at the pictures I could not believe how much I have changed in a year. It's easy to forget how far you have come when you get caught up in every day life. I felt the need to share. These pictures reminded me that though it is hard work and can seem to take forever it's worth it. I always tell myself that no matter how long it takes it's worth the work because regardless of how fast or slow the weight comes off the years will pass and I can either be a better man or not change at all. What a difference a year can make.

October 2008

057.jpg

99.jpg

September 2009

033.jpg

:drinker:

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    WOW!! :drinker: Good for you! Keep up the good work :wink: And it's nice to see you're aware of my favorite rule... Red Sox attire is extra slimming (as opposed to those god-awful pin stripes:sick: ) :laugh:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wow,
    that is awesome. You look so great. You have accomplished so much. Your wife and kids must be so proud. Keep up the good work. Again Awesome.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES!!! :noway: You are my new idol :) You have done an AMAZING job at recreating yourself! I hope you ffeel just as good inside as you look on the outside for what you hvae done!

CONGRATS!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference a year makes.:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: I have tears in my eyes. Oh Lord, you are one handsome young man. BETH!!! Get some of dat........hurry!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I am so very very proud of you darlin'. You look like a movie star!!!

00020427.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Holy apples and skinny clothes, Batman! I'm so proud of you!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You look great! This is so inspirational! :)

If you weren't already married.. :laugh: :tongue: Your wife and kids must be so proud of you! :smile:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    AMAZING!!! such an inspiration! u r definitely right... i have been at a plateau for 6 months now, but i am working harder then ever before, and i know i will look back in a year and see how i look and appreciate myself alot more, then if it came off fast! thanks for the much needed motivation!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    What is really on my heart tonight, is that you and Beth have changed the course of your son's lives. This is what makes me cry. You will be coaching their little league games, running with them for football plays, teaching them how to bike and run just like daddy.

What was a life of unhealthy habits is now a running/jumping/ size 8 wearin' life of happiness!!

:heart: I love you guys:heart:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW!! :drinker: Good for you! Keep up the good work :wink: And it's nice to see you're aware of my favorite rule... Red Sox attire is extra slimming (as opposed to those god-awful pin stripes:sick: ) :laugh:

Agreed on both the work and the attire!! :bigsmile:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!!! You look so good.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I Swear, I cannot get enough of these types of success stories. The transformation that happened over a years time is just astounding! You have a great deal to be proud of and I can only imagine how good you must feel both physically and mentally. You look amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing your success with us!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Wow Hot stuff! Way to go!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    What is really on my heart tonight, is that you and Beth have changed the course of your son's lives. This is what makes me cry. You will be coaching their little league games, running with them for football plays, teaching them how to bike and run just like daddy.

What was a life of unhealthy habits is now a running/jumping/ size 8 wearin' life of happiness!!

:heart: I love you guys:heart:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie,

Funny you mention learning habits. I went to the Dr. for a check up this past week. And I am sad to admit it was the first time in over 10 YEARS that I have gone to see a Dr. I told him about the weight I have lost and that my wife and I have decieded to take better care of ourselves and that is why I had come to see him. I wanted to know what damage I had done and see if I had any issues. Well when we discussed my medical history I told him that I have been obese for mose of my life and he said "Does obesity run in your family?" and I said, "Doc, if the last 10 months have taught me anything it's that BAD HABITS run in my family." Genetics has nothing to do with it. He seemed very pleased with that response. Well I am waiting get my bloodwork done but he told me that my blood pressure was awesome and that my muscle tone was on par some some athletes that come to his practice. Turns out he is into Triathlon so we got to shop talking and he gave me some great tips for my swimming. Anyway, the point is...Bad habits don't run in this family anymore.

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    God bless you Spyguy. What an amazing example you're setting for your little ones. You look fantastic! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

LOL the sox make everything better. Pinstripes make you look fatter and stupid. lol

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and it's such a motivator. :happy:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Thanks for sharing! What an inspiration!! :drinker:
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WOW!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! Great job and very inspiring you go guy. You need to be very proud of yourself. That is truly awesome. Congrats. on all levels. God Bless, brenda
  • Colie
    Colie Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW you look amazing!!! Very inspiring :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!