If $$$ were no issue, what would you do with yourself?

Options
Peta22
Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
I'm not talking the usual 'what would you do if you won lotto' question but seriously, if you didn't have to get up and go to work ever again, what would you do with your time? How would you avoid getting bored? What would motivate you to get out of bed? What would drive you?

I asked this question to a group of work collegues at a dinner one night and the answers surprised me so now I want to throw it out to the wider community... So, what would you do?

Go...

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I would....... go and become a medical or child's missionary but that is what I want to do anyway, so we will see how that goes! The thing that would motivate me is helping people :smile:

or...

I would go and take a tour of the world! The thing that would motivate me to do that is..... why would I even need to answer that question :laugh:
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'd travel until I could travel no more (this all while I'm at goal weight and have a fantastic, hot boyfriend....ah dreams).
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Whoops...double post. :tongue:
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd open up a movie house where I could show all kinds of sci-fi and fantasy movies. I love the old B movies. We'd have marathon nights too. I'd also want to have book nights and invite authors to visit for readings/discussion. Maybe a small art gallery in the building to feature local artists. Basically a sci-fi & fantasy convention that is open 7 days a week.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd stil get up and go to work. Except that the money would be capital for my own company which I would be working at.
    Work = Happiness.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I would travel to and live in a new country every 6 months!!
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    veneers. the perfect smile. its like $20,000 or more for what i want.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten up and "gone" to "work" in 12 years.

However, I have 4 children at home, ages 14 - 4, so ya, I am SO BORED everyday I don't know what to do. :laugh:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Probably pursue certifications in the health and fitness industry and help people reach their goals.

Buy lots of motorcycles.

Two chicks at the same time.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    could i give it away? cause i'd walk up to random people every day and just give them $20k. small, but enough to really help someone out.

and i'd start my own record company.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Two chicks at the same time.

and this ^^
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I would make sure all the people who stuck by me in life through the years were set with whatever they needed.

I've always wanted to learn how to fly planes, so that would be fun to learn how to do then fly my own jet wherever I wanted to travel.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i would volunteer, probably in a large hospital, and move around until i found the area that i really wanted to volunteer in. maybe even some school volunteer work, listening to kids read etc. all very important stuff, but it all sucks when you "HAVE" to do it.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would knit way more than I do. I would still go to work because I enjoy it, I would just probably take less hours per week. I would get a nice home where I could garden and grow veggies of my own. Be more spontaneous in my decisions..
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Buy Brad Pitt and make his weed my law. He'd be naked of course.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'd get my eyes and nose done. It's the problem with going back to work right after that keeps me from doing it.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i would go to work with no pants. then when someone said "hey he's not wearing any pants!" i would throw a wad of $50's at him and run out of the office, never to be heard from again.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    trainer, chef, maid, awesome vacations, charity!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hire an agent, producer, arranger, and publicist and record a cd =]
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    i would take my experience and skills and (if legally) go to south american and fix cleft lips and palates for a while..
    provide medical aid and support for underserved countries

and then i'd travel the world and get fat again on delicious cuisine